How big/tall is Gattsu?

Ryan

Whale-man, we hardly knew you.
I haven't heard this mentioned.. does anyone know how big/tall Gattsu is? I've heard that his sword is about 7 feet long, so he must be what, 6'5", 6'6"? That's pretty damn big for a person in the middle ages, and I've never read anything about someone commenting on his size, at least in the first 8 manga and the anime. How big do you guys think he is? And how strong?

Ryan

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Someone once mentioned 6'4, but I don't really know. I wouldn't be surprised if hte visual story file gave his height, but I'm too lazy to look.

CnC

Ad Oculos
I've heard somewhere that the blade of the dragonslayer is six feet, leaving Guts at about 6'5 or so... thats my guess

C

coyote_jones

200 actually seems a little light to me, I'm 210 and Guts looks a whole lot more muscular than me.

by the way 1st post ;D

Nienna

Show me a hero ... and I will write you a tragedy.
Heh ...

This:

http://www.microorganism.org/gatts-posse.gif

seems to imply otherwise    ;)

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Guts isn't a huge guy. that's one thing I have against the Anime. In several shots he looks huge and buff. He's only 6'3-6'4 from what I can Gather. I think the sword is a bit bigger than he is (counting the long handel of course). He's not that big tho'.

biggerthanzodd

mmm...banana
6-foot-4 is pretty huge considering that Miura lives in Japan and Gutts lives in a Medieval world. I think it's probably impossible to figure out how tall Gutts is. Even if Miura himself gave an exact height it would most probably be an arbitrary number since it's not very important. Most comic artists draw a height chart. It's a picture like a criminal line-up, but instead of bank robbers, the artist draws the characters. This pins down relative height, but not really absolute height because absolute height hardly makes sense in a cartoon world, even one as realistic as Berserk.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
it is kinda like doc Savage who was described like being head and shoulder tall than other men But what when he did encunter 190 cm or 195 cm (6'5'' or 6'6'' roughly)? Kennet Robertson did get away with it because in the novel, entirely written and without grafic illustrations nobody really had the means to do comparisions. The same in a way with Miura since we non have sure benmarks everyone could be 3' 00'' for all we know.

Top Bottom