Young Animal + Shonen Jump Question??

berserker88

The Raging Demon
Why did shonen jump stop dragonball z when they havent even started on the buu saga and is young animal a monthly magazine like shone were they have various manga chapter from different series and young animal just deals with the more mature manga that gets released????

If so i wish they would release it here in america as a way to quicker release the manga!!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
berserker88 said:
Why did shonen jump stop dragonball z when they havent even started on the buu saga and is young animal a monthly magazine like shone were they have various manga chapter from different series and young animal just deals with the more mature manga that gets released????

If so i wish they would release it here in america as a way to quicker release the manga!!
If you'd read the encyclopedia info, you'd know.

"BERSERK is serialized in Hakusensha's "Young Animal", a semi-monthly (new issue 2x per month), seinen (NC-17) magazine. Which basically means its a mens magazine, featuring lots of mostly-naked Asian women, with some comics in-between glamour shot spreads."

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Are you sure it got cancelled? Because I can't find a single thing about this and I would think the fans would be freaking out if it were true.

If they did, I can only imagine it had something to do with space in the magazine and how much money they think they will make (or possibly lose) by keeping or getting rid of it. Even if it's not published in the magazine, they're still publishing the graphic novels. The next one apparently comes out in August according to Viz's site. It looks like they're at about the same place as the magazine, just judging from the synopsis and what you mentioned.

As for Young Animal, I doubt bringing it over to the U.S. would be feasible financially speaking (and that's often what companies are thinking about). I don't know how you could possibly get the manga any quicker than you do now, considering this board gets scans and translations within a day or two of the Japanese release.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hahah, you guys are still in the process of publishing Dragon Ball? You're 10 years late, seriously. :schierke:

Anyway, I don't think there will ever be a US version of Young Animal.

kimchan

berserker88 said:
200 dollars for a subsription to young animal you've got to be kidding me!!

Um, you could just follow the scans and translations that are posted here, or buy the graphic novels and use the translations to follow along. I don't understand why you think you need to subscribe.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
kimchan said:
Um, you could just follow the scans and translations that are posted here, or buy the graphic novels and use the translations to follow along.  I don't understand why you think you need to subscribe.

yet again, a smart thought from a smart lady.
You really wouldn't need a subscription when you can get the scans from here for free, the only thing I would want a subscription for is access to exclusive statues and things from Young Animal. Damn I want that troll statue!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
If you'd read the encyclopedia info, you'd know.

Which basically means its a mens magazine, featuring lots of mostly-naked Asian women, with some comics in-between glamour shot spreads."
There not naked... close but they arnt..... :::sigh::::

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
yet again, a smart thought from a smart lady.
You really wouldn't need a subscription when you can get the scans from here for free
That's really not the right attitude... :miura:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
You really wouldn't need a subscription when you can get the scans from here for free, the only thing I would want a subscription for is access to exclusive statues and things from Young Animal.

As Walter said, that's not exactly a good attitude to have. You "need" to get a subscription because you're supposed to be paying to have access to the pre-prublished episodes, not to leech them for free. The reason we have scans in the first place is because most people can't afford to get YA in their countries, but that shouldn't prevent you from remembering what is the RIGHT thing to do.

In the same way, you're supposed to BUY the volumes as they're being released.

hanafubuku

The deal with Magnifico worked out afterall
Aazealh said:
As Walter said, that's not exactly a good attitude to have. You "need" to get a subscription because you're supposed to be paying to have access to the pre-prublished episodes, not to leech them for free. The reason we have scans in the first place is because most people can't afford to get YA in their countries, but that shouldn't prevent you from remembering what is the RIGHT thing to do.

That, and your purchase *hopefully* helps support and encourage Miura to continue makin Berserk. As for the purchase of the volumes of whatever country your in - that's always a plus cause it will encourage those publishers to localize and ship out the stuff in your country faster (right? or have i been deluded by bogus propaganda?)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
hanafubuku said:
That, and your purchase *hopefully* helps support and encourage Miura to continue makin Berserk.

Yep, that goes without saying. :serpico:

hanafubuku said:
As for the purchase of the volumes of whatever country your in - that's always a plus cause it will encourage those publishers to localize and ship out the stuff in your country faster (right? or have i been deluded by bogus propaganda?)

I'm not sure they're notified of where the manga exactly ships by all the companies selling them, but I can't say it's impossible either so... They get estimations of the export rates in any case, it can't be bad, not matter what. :guts:

Kimchan's right. I don't remember where I saw it, but I believe Shonen Jump announced a while back they were going to drop DBZ to make room for more series, while Viz continued with the collected format for the series.

kimchan

Aazealh said:

Well, that was why I suggested buying the volumes as well. In a perfect world, I would get a subscription too, but I honestly don't have the money to do that, so I just follow along here and buy volumes whenever money and availability coincide.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kimchan said:
Well, that was why I suggested buying the volumes as well.

I know, was just reminding our good friend "handsome rakshas" how things are supposed to work ideally. Like I previously said, the reason we have scans in the first place is because most people can't afford to get YA in their countries, but it shouldn't prevent people who have access to it or want/can manage to get it from actually subscribing.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Aazealh said:
I know, was just reminding our good friend "handsome rakshas" how things are supposed to work ideally. Like I previously said, the reason we have scans in the first place is because most people can't afford to get YA in their countries, but it shouldn't prevent people who have access to it or want/can manage to get it from actually subscribing.

HOLD ON NOW FRIENDS!
Did I even mention whether I purchase the manga?
OF I COURSE I FRICKIN DO!
I do not have ALL the Japanese manga but I do own all of the American ones (and a nifty postcard book I just purchased (war cry)
so I do contribute to the continuation of berserk!
who do you people think I am? King of Pirates?

index.jpg

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
handsome rakshas said:
Did I even mention whether I purchase the manga?
OF I COURSE I FRICKIN DO!

Nobody said otherwise, but that doesn't change anything to what was stated. :beast:

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
handsome rakshas said:
You really wouldn't need a subscription when you can get the scans from here for free, the only thing I would want a subscription for is access to exclusive statues and things from Young Animal. Damn I want that troll statue!

I wish that were true.  I get a YA subscription, but I still can't order any of the AOW exclusives or get any of the other special offers.  I think it only works for people subscribing in Japan.  It's location discrimination, I say! :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
I get a YA subscription, but I still can't order any of the AOW exclusives or get any of the other special offers. I think it only works for people subscribing in Japan. It's location discrimination, I say! :puck:

Well, you should be able to find a way to get them, depending on who takes care of your subscription... But yeah, their offers are normally limited to Japan.

Top Bottom