Episode 260

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Is it just me, or is Miura drawing the DS with a longer handle lately? I know he's resized the blade in the past when it became neccessary, but the hilt's startin' to look like a Louisville Slugger.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I wasn't trying to "toast" anybody, I was just disagreeing with GoHF in my usual cheeky way. :troll:

Anyway, I can see why he'd think Guts would be a little redder after the tiger went in half realistically, I just don't think there's anything to it other than it's too early and easy for Guts to be covered in blood already (Miura's saving it for the good stuff later). :carcus:

My final thought on the amount of gore is basically that there's already been so much that Miura can't really top it without it becoming totally silly, I mean, it already is. And we're so used to it the impact is kinda lost on us anyway. He'll have to make Guts chop his other arm off or something just to get our attention. =)

Guts have blood on his face too during the Eclipse... His face also gotten blood back in volume 13 when he pierce the horn into one of the monster

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
Is it just me, or is Miura drawing the DS with a longer handle lately? I know he's resized the blade in the past when it became neccessary, but the hilt's startin' to look like a Louisville Slugger.

No, the handle was the same size in volume 21 already, and it's longer in volume 26. It varies in function of the perspective most of the time (see volume 1 to 3), but it's true that he drew it generally shorter in the past (volume 14 - 18). Note that the handle should be long anyway, if it's too short then Guts couldn't wield it properly.

Kagami

Goo!
dwarfkicker said:
The gore for the most part is excessive.  It's part of what makes the series great.  It also helps make it dark. 

Graphic Violence + Dark Tale + Great Character Development = Berserk

yeah, that is true... Like I said it's the best manga out there (probably my favorite story as well), so I just suck it up and keep reading! Maybe it's like how people look at car accidents, you know it's messed up, but it still draws your attention... Arg, you get what I'm saying :D

Purified awesomeness. :serpico:

I really like the group dynamic thats been building between Guts' crew. Its great to see him actually working together with the others!

Guts is lightening up. Tragedy is right around the corner :isidro:

By right around the corner I mean like 6 or 7 volumes. But then again, someone in his group could be taken in the war.

nostyleart

Quixotic
damn, i love berserk fights.

Guts is just so sick. and the way the story is told and how people are always amazed makes it 10000000x times sicker!
[useless post]

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
nostyleart said:
damn, i love berserk fights.

Guts is just so sick. and the way the story is told and how people are always amazed makes it 10000000x times sicker!
[useless post]
100% pure fanboi-ism about Berserk is never useless! :guts:

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
Well, he was already doing that before. ^^; It seems to be his standard now, it's true, but it's nothing really new since the fight on the beach. :serpico:

Well, I was just reading through the fight on the beach, and, you're right, we have seen this before from Serpico (Also, the troll and ogre fight when he floats down fromt he church steeple). I guess what I meant was that Serpico seems to be getting even more adept at the flying because, in the panels from 260, it almost seems like he's flying through those hallways at an incredible pace. This didnt seem like the case elsewhere. It's my perception of course, but it seems to me like his "flight" capabilities are improving quite rapidly.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
It's my perception of course, but it seems to me like his "flight" capabilities are improving quite rapidly.

I think that he is improving indeed (natural development if you think about it). As I said, what seemed to be a nice feat a volume ago seems to be his standard by now, and I expect him to get to master the wind element even more as time passes. Maybe next time he'll actually succeed without getting wounded or knocked down (by a troll in Enoch and by the Makara on the beach). :serpico:

Headless Death said:
Thank you Aazealh, and GoHF for hosting this new episode. :SK:

The way this is looking Serpico will one day be able to do aerial fighting. :serpico:
Agreed: you both do a great thing for Berserk fans for supplying/hosting the episodes. You guys are great for being this nice. :serpico:

Awesome episode with more tigers jumping in & Guts cutting them up. Serpico is finally starting to trust Guts by leaving Farnese with him as they both go off to do their thing. I'm just wondering if the Kushans realize it's a waste of time trying to kill Guts (from the way he's been hacking them up), will they just say 'fuck it' & start using the nobles as chew toys until Serpico shows up to decapitate them?  :guts:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
That is one AWESOME episode. Those spreads are the shiz. I have some colorizing work to do it seems. Thanks a ton Aaz and GoHF, you are my heroes.

Headless Death said:
The way this is looking Serpico will one day be able to do aerial fighting. :serpico:

I always thought he got the potential... Anyway I agree he is improving tremendously, very soon he will be a great help to Guts...

Top Bottom