PS2+(GCN)>X-Bawks

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
I know I'm a bit late on this stuff but I hadn't played the X-Box ever until recently. Really I think it breaks down like this... PS2 while not having the absolute best graphics(space invaders and pacman are still fun...) has the widest library of titles made directly for it and the most extras. Think about it, RE4 you get a chainsaw, SoulCalbur II you get Spawn, and there are just countless other extras in the shpeal (mostly from capcom).

Anyways up next is Gamecube. Yes it's purple, but at least it is affordable, has a good library of super fun games including lots of "non-kiddy" ones. Resident Evil 4 (and the RE1 remake), Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes(MGS remake), Eternal Darkness, Pikmin (well okay I guess it's kiddy but shit thats a violent game in it's own right). Anyways you get my point, and also it has Super Smash Bros. Melee, best fighting/platformer hybrid ever.

Now onto the X-Bawks. I dont have anything against Microsoft or even the system itself. This system like the 2 new handhelds have great potential but just doesn't seem to have gone the distance to use it for more then pretty graphics. Let me break it down for you. The controller blows ass. Even the remake of it. Why do I need a giant non-functioning green X-Bawks button in the middle? Would have been better to put a start/select button pair there. Also all of the ports to this system are awful (San Andreas on PS2 is much easier to control... other then that nothing much, the remake of Sons of Liberty on this was fairly clunky also but it did have some extras which made up for it kind of). About the only redeeming quality of the X-Bawks is it's good online capability, shooting games (halo and halo2), sports games, and ability to put in your own soundtrack. The hard drive seems a bit unnecesary to me, though. I think 1 gig would be fine, who the hell needs 5? Buy a memory card, stupid, a 5 gig HD makes the x-box big and fat and retarded.

Well... anyways, lets get some input here; Also on the next generation systems. I'll probably get the Revolution so I can throw out my N64, NES, SNES, and Gamecube and have it all in one teeny weeny silver box. Plus it's planned to sell at less then 200 USD so that makes my wallet happy

:void: <---Ass on his head.

CnC

Ad Oculos
What a useless thread. I'm sure there are thousands of other forums (or even threads on this forum) where this "debate" (or in your case, rant) is already discussed.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Not only that, but there are several errors. Spawn is in the Xbox version of Soul Calibur 2, the PS2 gets Heihachi (sp?) from Tekken. The chainsaw controller is also for the Gamecube. The Gamecube doesn't have to be purple either, mine's black. I actually like the Xbox contollers. Unlike those miniscule Gamecube controllers, theyfit my hands (I'm 6'4" and have the hands to match :badbone:).

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
yes, but x box has guilty xx reload and fatal frame 2 director's cut. I always wanted an x box, maybe I'll pick up a 360 if its backwards compatible.
Oh yeah, Doom 3 is awesome too

*sigh* I don't see why people dislike the Xbox. Is it because it's made by Microsoft? Is it because it's the only non-Japanese console of the 3? It surely can't be the games because Xbox has a very strong library. And as for the controller, it's not my fault your girly little hands can't grasp the Xbox controller.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Tell Me Why said:
*sigh* I don't see why people dislike the Xbox. Is it because it's made by Microsoft? Is it because it's the only non-Japanese console of the 3? It surely can't be the games because Xbox has a very strong library. And as for the controller, it's not my fault your girly little hands can't grasp the Xbox controller.
HA!! More liek /\/\icr0$$$$0ft!!111 lolz1

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Vaxillus said:
Not only that, but there are several errors. Spawn is in the Xbox version of Soul Calibur 2, the PS2 gets Heihachi (sp?) from Tekken. The chainsaw controller is also for the Gamecube. The Gamecube doesn't have to be purple either, mine's black. I actually like the Xbox contollers. Unlike those miniscule Gamecube controllers, theyfit my hands (I'm 6'4" and have the hands to match :badbone:).

Not chainsaw controller. CHAINSAW. In the game. Also I have big hands, but they are too big for my height it looks awkward but makes me a great climber. Anyways I just get the bigger mad cats controller. Seriously I dont like having a NON FUNCTIONING BUTTON in the middle of my controller though. X-Box 2 will hopefull fix this. Either way Heihachi is gay as hell. One point for X-Bawks.

CnC said:
What a useless thread. I'm sure there are thousands of other forums (or even threads on this forum) where this "debate" (or in your case, rant) is already discussed.

Maybe YOU'RE a useless thread. Kiss it and cry.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tristram said:
Maybe YOU'RE a useless thread. I wet the bed.

I see your point.

Or, at the very least, I know what kind of intellect I'm dealing with. So, what the hell, lets have yet another PS2 vs Gamecube vs Xbox thread. I'm sure theres somebody out there who hasn't had their say. :troll:

This is sort of a couple of years late. Anyhow I would have to say overall PC games are far better because of their massive multiplayer capabilities, console wise PS2 since they have plenty of games I find more appealing. The Xbox and the Gamecube would be on a tie for me. I own the three systems and I have to say that the one I played the most had to be the ps2.

Xbox has what, three quality games: Ninja Gaiden, Halo, and Otogi. Everything else (in my opinion) sucks and is a waste of money. The Cube is a better investment than the Xbox. But the PS2 is the way to go. Lucky for me I have all three :carcus:

Vaxillus

Kakkoii_Guts said:
My Gamecube is Spice Orange.
That color always reminded my friends and me of macaroni and cheese. :beast:

Tristram said:
Not chainsaw controller.  CHAINSAW.  In the game.
Whups :-X

Tristram said:
Also I have big hands, but they are too big for my height it looks awkward but makes me a great climber.  Anyways I just get the bigger mad cats controller.
You know what they say about people with big hands. Big gloves. Anyway, the mad cats version is pretty much the only way I can play Gamecube. Playing Gameboy is terrible, my hands always fall asleep.

Tristram said:
Seriously I dont like having a NON FUNCTIONING BUTTON in the middle of my controller though.  X-Box 2 will hopefull fix this.
That's really the panic button, but it's buggy and doen't work :judo:.

Tristram said:
Either way Heihachi is gay as hell.  One point for X-Bawks.
You haven't seen his thong in Tekken 4. As if guys in thongs isn't at the pinacle of wrong-ness, he has to be an old one.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Tell Me Why said:
*sigh*  I don't see why people dislike the Xbox. Is it because it's made by Microsoft? Is it because it's the only non-Japanese console of the 3? It surely can't  be the games because Xbox has a very strong library. And as for the controller, it's not my fault your girly little hands can't grasp the Xbox controller.

My hands aren't small, they are all spindly. Anyways... the reason I hate it is, have you ever tried playing San Andreas on it? The black and white buttons controlling camera functions was a BAD idea. Why did't they just put 2 pairs of trigger pads instead of doing that crap? Also, I dont need a god damn giant green non functioning button in the middle of my game pad. They could have put the start and select button there which would have made ALOT more sense. Hell, a little screen like the Dreamcast memory card had would be better (btw that controller is hands down worst ever... they put the cord on the wrong side). Really the most ergonomic controller currently is the Gamecube one, though it is admittedly too small for some hands. As said earlier I went ahead and got a Madcatz GCN controller since it was bigger and fit my hands better.

That wont be the case with X-Bawks 360, though. They are forcing 3rd party companies like Madcatz and Logitech to be licensed and pay royalties if they wanna make 360 controllers. That will defeat the purpose since then 3rd party controllers will cost as much as 1st party... No word on Sony or Nintendo doing this, and knowing them, especially the way Nintendo markets, I seriously doubt it.

Dont get me wrong, I love Microsoft. What would really piss me off is if Macintosh made a console... or Wal*Mart(atari siz in one plug and play games dont count, those are awesome).

The point is the X-Box is not a well planned system, though it is a companies first console I guess. The NES controller was probably the worse of all (smaller then my cell phone and shaped like a bar of soap). I'm not capable of programming and all that BS, but I'd be able to figure out probably the cheapest, simplest, sturdiest way to build the console and the controller itself. Thats why I bitch alot because it's sad when a 19 year old college freshman like me can come up with better design concepts then a multi-billion dollar company. Too late now, anyways. Lets hope other then the forced 3rd party hardware licensing that 360 is better. (At least people cant say its huge anymore... though I loved that joke)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tristram said:
Dont get me wrong, I love Microsoft. What would really piss me off is if Macintosh made a console...

Apple tried making a gaming system long ago, it failed of course. I don't see why it'd be worse than Microsoft though.

Tristram said:
The NES controller was probably the worse of all (smaller then my cell phone and shaped like a bar of soap).

I thought I told you to stop saying bullshit? You keep talking about start and select buttons, well where do you think they come from? Controllers evolved, but back then the NES controller was top notch. I'd rather name the Megadrive controller as really bad, it's one of the console's worst aspects. The Dreamcast pads are nothing in comparison.

Tristram said:
I'm not capable of programming and all that BS, but I'd be able to figure out probably the cheapest, simplest, sturdiest way to build the console and the controller itself.

Sure. :schierke:

Vaxillus

Aazealh said:
Apple tried making a gaming system long ago, it failed of course. I don't see why it'd be worse than Microsoft though.
What was it called, the iPlay? Considdering how the iMac looked like a gay pride parade crammed in a box, I don't think I ever want to see the concepts. And I used to like Macintosh, when'd they start sucking?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vaxillus said:
What was it called, the iPlay?

The "Pippin" (cool name, eh?).

ApplePippin.jpg

They planned to make it a "multimedia system", game oriented (like what Microsoft and Sony are doing now basically). Apple designed it but it's Bandai that actually manufactured it I think, anyway it was a total failure. Remember the Newton, their old PDA? Now that was something. :guts:

Vaxillus said:
I used to like Macintosh, when'd they start sucking?

They had good and bad periods... Apple's doing pretty well nowadays, especially compared to 5 years ago.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
Aazealh said:
They had good and bad periods... Apple's doing pretty well nowadays, especially compared to 5 years ago.
  Wonder why?... Oooh wait
ipscpipod0506285oj.jpg

Just ask Ranemaka13, he knows... He knows.  :p ;)

Vaxillus

The 7 hours is if you listen to good music, because good music takes more battery life. unfortunately, a lot of people with iPods listen to bad music, like my parents who have an iPod with every Bluegrass song they could find crammed on to the thing.

Top Bottom