Dear God...

On a whim and a serious wild hair, I purchased my very own iPod this evening.
And I was immediately dealt a serious blow of regret and PPD (Post-Purchase-Depression). I felt raped and violated, my wallet must've been bleeding.
I've now brought it into my house and it's made itself at home. It looks so cute snuggled there.

Awww.

The only problem is.... i don't know how much longer it can stay.
You see, while it enjoys its stay - and I certainly enjoy it's cute, metallic company - what I am truly dealing with here is a matter of miscommunication and incompatibility. I have Windows 98, you see, so my dear, sweet iPod and my hateful, war-mongering comp do not get along.
Oh, the error messages and curses thrown about this evening! :isidro:

I am in need of some aid. Tomorrow, I shall request a copy of XP from work. If I am granted permission and it works: Great! Super! I'll treat it all right!
But if it doesn't, so help me God...

So, help me God in finding a way for us to grow into one big happy.... family. Is there no way for an iPod and an outdated OS to get along? Is one too liberal and the other too conservative?
I know how those relationships turn out.

In Jesus name, I pray.

-Amen

CnC

Ad Oculos
It is your OS. Does Itunes work in 98?

To quote Apple's site:

Windows system requirements

* PC with USB 2.0 or FireWire port or USB 2.0 or FireWire card
* Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4 or later, or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
* iTunes 4.7 or later (included on iPod CD)
* Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or Elements 3.0 or later recommended (5)

Sorry dude... Just be careful not to drop it :judo:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I'm on your computer's side. It's right to shun you and your glamorous pet rock. Hahahaha! :guts:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I bought an iPod in May, for the express purpose of my long plane trip across the atlantic and beyond. It took me a few months before I bought it to organize my I3D tags so navigating the iPod would be less painful. But... honestly, about 30 minutes after I loaded ~20GB of music onto it and began walking to work, I realized I only wanted to listen to about .005% of the music I had. Mostly Sign, Forces and the Symphony of the Night Soundtrack :SK: But honestly, at this point, 3 months into my ownership, I don't know how I'd listen to music otherwise. Get a car adapter and it makes road trips fly by like ... a well-greased #2.

Oh, and playlists aren't worth the time. I generally will have a playlist of all the recently downloaded I MEAN PURCHASED albums in a given week, but I think making a playlist of one-hit-wonders is rather trite and insulting, personally.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
The sad thing is, in about half a year, iPods will probably be about $20 after being replaced by cheaper, higher capacity memory sticks.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Vaxillus said:
The sad thing is, in about half a year, iPods will probably be about $20 after being replaced by cheaper, higher capacity memory sticks.

Haven't you seen apple's answer to this? Its the tampon shaped ipod shuffle. And you can own this peice of garbage for the higher than most price of 99 bucks.

if you have broadband download windows nemesis 3.0 heard good things for customization of the installation of windows xp (you also dont have to look for a serial to put in even tho its not like it is hard to find one online :p).

ranemaka13 said:
and if one has dial-up?

is one totally fucked?

I'll just mooch off my friend.

Someone always haves a good ol windows xp pro cd, or just load the music in to the ipod from a friends pc.

Tristram

100% Germ Free Manure
Trade it ind an get a Muvo with 2 gigs of flash memory.

My friend Deannie has an iPod and listens to all sorts of godawful crap and she still cant find a way to get over 3 gigs.  Sick.

2 gigs = 2,000 Megabytes = 475 songs @ 4.2 megs each, which is about the average size of an MP3 on my computer.  I dont think I even know 475 songs worth listening to, but then again I only listen to Gwar, Jethro Tull, Queen, Joy Electric, Blind Guardian, Pink Floyd, and a few other bands.

If you need every shitty techno/punk/ska/rap/country/omg industrial////... song ever made, go ahead and stick with the iPod since it can hold around 15,000 songs with it's got a 60 gig harddrive (WTF????).  Holy shit you have to be kidding me I just read that and now I definately have to punch the next moron I see with waxy white earbuds.  My Bang Olufsen ear buds kick 500x more ass.

Deannie is never happy when I go on an Apple-bash.

Yeah, thanks for contributing, Tristram. :schierke:

It works now and I'll stick with it, kthanks.

Yeah, 5000 songs is more than I'll ever have, but whatever. I don't care. It's better than only 475. Cause it's bigger! :carcus:

Top Bottom