Gutsface36.jpg
Gutsface37.jpg
Gutsface38.jpg
Gutsface39.jpg
Gutsface40.jpg
Gutsface41.jpg
Gutsface42.jpg
Gutsface43.jpg

hah, very cool... we should try that with some other characters, some have had more change throughout the series than others.... Farnese, for instance.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Tell Me Why said:
Talk about inconsistent.

As someone who has drawn characters repeatedly while trying to keep them looking the same, I'm amazed he's as consistent as he is.

(I'm hoping that was sarcasm, but I never know anymore with this board. :puck: )

Very thorough coverage though, Aazealh. It's cool to watch his look and personality evolve like this.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Tell Me Why said:
Talk about inconsistent.

I'd say its pretty damn consistent for an subtly aging character.

btw, thanks Aaz for the effort in compling this. It might go well in a misc. section of the encyclopedia?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
Talk about inconsistent.

Talk about worthless. :schierke:

DefaultJ!! said:
we should try that with some other caracters

Not too hard to do, but it has to have a purpose. Perhaps I'll do it later.

Alucalb said:
There was something like this in BerserkArchives.com, but with Casca.

Never heard of that site, and the URL doesn't work. No result in a Google search either.

Alucalb said:
I'd almost swear they were drawn by different people. :p

I can swear they aren't, even with the style's evolution. :SK:

CnC said:
I'd say its pretty damn consistent for an subtly aging character.

You can also notice that his face is emaciated these days, it shows the astral wounds' toll nicely.

Anyway, those that like it are welcome :serpico:, and as far as putting it in the Encyclopedia... I don't know, it'd need to be more thorough and have more characters I think.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
Anyway, those that like it are welcome :serpico:, and as far as putting it in the Encyclopedia... I don't know, it'd need to be more thorough and have more characters I think.

True, but it might be good to reference seeing how often the "Guts face looks strange" posts come up. More so than any other characters, at least.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Tell Me Why said:
Talk about inconsistent.

Har de har har. :schierke:

Aaz how much time do you have on your hands, really?!  :isidro: :guts:
It's so cool though.  One of my favorite things about keeping up with a long running manga is to see the development of the artist from the beginning to the end. 

wow! where did thats scars come from? i was looking the evolution and i notice the change. it's amazing :S

so many scars.... :S

yes, but that scars apears suddenly after he use the berserker armor or before? i don't have the manga in this moment :S

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
suki said:
yes, but that scars apears suddenly after he use the berserker armor or before?

You see the scars before of course, they're not as prominent and probably don't appear as often, but you can easily spot them.

We should make a checklist of Guts's scars for the encyclopedia. :p "This scar he recieved from so-and-so in episode blah-blah-blah..."

Kagami

Goo!
suki said:
wow! where did thats scars come from? i was looking the evolution and i notice the change. it's amazing :S

so many scars.... :S

you mean the two ones along his cheek? I think that was from the time he met Slan in Troll Town.

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Wow, thanks Aaz. I have to say, it's certainly possible to see Miura's artistic evolution over the course of the manga. Nonetheless, a lot of it is tributed to age, which I find to be a truly impressive display of artistic ability. Seems to have settled more recently though. I personally don't mind the inconsistencies, considdering the calibur of the detail and frequency of the releases. And all that out of a single individual. Truly astounding.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
you mean the two ones along his cheek? I think that was from the time he met Slan in Troll Town.

He got cut once on the left cheek when he fought the trolls in the Qliphoth (not in Enoch or "Troll Town"), but he didn't get cut there by Slan. He had cuts on his cheeks way before that anyway. If anything the most notable scars should be those he got when Rochine transpierced his cheeks.

Aazealh said:
You see the scars before of course, they're not as prominent and probably don't appear as often, but you can easily spot them.

Seems like his first experience with the Berserk armor at the treehouse caused (lots of) new wounds and aggravated all the old ones, you could see them all popping open and bleeding when the helmet goes down in front of Farnese and Casca.

Kagami

Goo!
Aazealh said:
He got cut once on the left cheek when he fought the trolls in the Qliphoth (not in Enoch or "Troll Town"), but he didn't get cut there by Slan. He had cuts on his cheeks way before that anyway. If anything the most notable scars should be those he got when Rochine transpierced his cheeks.

Qliphoth is Troll town (it's where they live), that's why I said when he met Slan (he didn't meet her in Enoch obviously). But I didn't even notice that one of the scars on his cheek was from the impailing of Rochine. THAT is consistency, eh?

Also something kinda neat that I just saw... the marks on his neck from fighting the stag beetle guard of Rochine.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DefaultJ!! said:
Seems like his first experience with the Berserk armor at the treehouse caused (lots of) new wounds and aggravated all the old ones, you could see them all popping open and bleeding when the helmet goes down

Yeah, and his wounds have been particularly difficult to heal too, reopening, etc. Let's also not forget that a lot of damage was done to his body by the armor itself, when it kept him fighting by maintaining his bones together.

Kagami said:
Qliphoth is Troll town (it's where they live), that's why I said when he met Slan (he didn't meet her in Enoch obviously).

Well when "Griffith No More!" originally talked about the "Troll Town level" he meant Enoch, with the Ogre and all, not the Qliphoth (which isn't a town). That was just for a joke anyway... Not a term to use seriously.

Top Bottom