Zodd 2 statue - June 24 11am JP time (sorry no photos)

Just got this email from AOW

---------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your support to ART OF WAR.

We are pleased to inform you that our latest item, Zodd Version II Statue will be open for order by 11:00 am (Japan time: 24 June) this week.

Zodd  is another popular item which has been longed by lovers of Berserk. In response to all fans of Berserk, ART OF WAR has produced Zodd Version II Statue with 2 versions. Details are as follows.

Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 1 (Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up: White)

Features: Non-bloody version with complementary of white bone imaged Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up

Exclusive 1 is limited to 200 unit only (Serial number 1-200)

Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 2 (Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up: Dark Iron)
Features: Bloody version with complementary of dark Iron colored Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up

Exclusive 2 is limited to 300 unit only (Serial number 201-500)

Size: Zodd II: 37.5 cm (Height) x 30 cm (Width) x 30 cm (Depth) / Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up: 18 cm (Height) x 13 cm (Width) x 8 cm (Depth)

Weight: Zodd II weighs 2180g, Knight of Skeleton Bust-Up weighs 305g

Both items are priced at 38,000 JAPANESE YEN.
You are welcome to access to our homepage that day for placing order. Should you have any queries about the items please do not hesistate to contact us any time.

We are looking forward to receiving your order on 24 June.

Thank you for your attention.

Yours sincerely,
ART OF WAR
Kaon Chin (F)

ART OF WAR
KENSIN CO., LTD
Address: 6F, Dame Ginza, 6-7-18 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo JAPAN 104-0061
TEL (81) 03-5537-6928
FAX: (81) 03-5537-6984
URL www.art-of-war.co.jp

----------------------------------------------------------

First of all, wow it's hella expensive. Then wow, it's hella heavy! 2 freaking kg?! damn yo.

And yes, AOW is getting really smart....making the non-bloody the lower number and less of them, but the bloody a higher number. lol

As much as I love Zoddo, unless the sculpt is insanely good, I won't buy it, simply because i'm saving up money for a car, and I have 3 mandatory vacations/trips back home.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
EndLeSS8 said:
First of all, wow it's hella expensive. Then wow, it's hella heavy! 2 freaking kg?! damn yo.

Ditto. Seems like it's going to be monstrous.

EndLeSS8 said:
And yes, AOW is getting really smart....making the non-bloody the lower number and less of them, but the bloody a higher number. lol

Nothing surprises me anymore with them. Actually I sort of understand their logic, since the bloody versions don't interest me at all. They probably calculated that the "normal" versions usually sell out quicker than the bloody ones, and then deduced their current course of action. That or they made an error in the mail. :p

Anyway, I wonder what's up with all these Zodd statues they're making, they announced a Zodd II and a Zodd PVC (along with the Armored Berserk PVC), then the "Winged Silence: Soaring Zodd", and it looks like they're releasing them in reverse order, while changing the names in between 2 announcements. Good job at confusing people.

I'm REALLY going to have a problem if I like one version of Zodd better and the other version has the Skull Knight I like better.

Hmm. A Zodd with a Skullknight figure on it. Think it could be a set of the battle outside the Eclipse? or them facing off in the forest just before Guts got the berserk armor?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Zodd 2 statue - June 24 11am JP time (photo included!)

I got the same mail EndLeSS8, been getting these for a while, not sure if it's a new customer information policy or if you have to order several times from them to get it. Anyway, badass member JIN took a pause from his busy schedule to send me this picture of the statue so I'd post it:

AOW-Zodd2.jpg

Thanks to him.

Hippie said:
Hmm. A Zodd with a Skullknight figure on it. Think it could be a set of the battle outside the Eclipse?

It's just a SK bust, not a complete statue, and it's a bonus for the exclusive versions. If it was representing a battle between the two you can be sure that AOW would advertise it like mad.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, badass member JIN took a pause from his busy schedule to send me this picture of the statue so I'd post it:

Thanks to him.

It's just a SK bust, not a complete statue, and it's a bonus for the exclusive versions. If it was representing a battle between the two you can be sure that AOW would advertise it like mad.

Yah, JIN and I got that picture from Masato (from m-world-service). I am definitely feelin' this statue. I think however, that it's a possiblity that there won't be any "normal" editions. I think there might just be these two "limited" releases. Well, at least that's my impression.

Good to know that AOW is still releasing quality statues (but at a HIGHER price than before... their msrp prices certainly have gotten more expensive).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
I think however, that it's a possiblity that there won't be any "normal" editions. I think there might just be these two "limited" releases. Well, at least that's my impression.

That's what I think, too. They also put the accent on having only exclusive versions in their past announcements about it. I wouldn't rule out the release of a "normal" version later on though, otherwise it would be really stupid (who said avaricious? ::)) of them to call the only available versions "exclusive"...

And if it's supposed to mean a "Limited Edition" in the broader sense of the term, then all of their products are...

Yah baby, I just picked up a bloody one =)

Update: Both versions are now all sold out... in less than 30 minutes. That's quicker than the Armored Berserker Exclusives!

VashTheStampede said:
damn dude you must have a pretty high paying job if you can just "pick one up" lol ;D

Haha, not really! But well... it's come to the point for me where buying Berserk statues is as natural as breathing air... if I don't... quite frankly I'll die. XD

Update: Well, so AOW just updated their products page and now they are ALSO selling a "normal" edition, which is non-bloody, does NOT come with the SK bust, but it's priced SLIGHTLY cheaper at 35,000 yen. Hmmm.... I'm sure the Exclusives would have sold out really quickly either way, but it seems they may have purposely delayed listing the "normal" editions to rack up the sells on the "exclusive" ones... I dunno.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Update:  Well, so AOW just updated their products page and now they are ALSO selling a "normal" edition, which is non-bloody, does NOT come with the SK bust, but it's priced SLIGHTLY cheaper at 35,000 yen.  Hmmm.... I'm sure the Exclusives would have sold out really quickly either way, but it seems they may have purposely delayed listing the "normal" editions to rack up the sells on the "exclusive" ones... I dunno.

Told you they'd do that, just so they could get more cash. I also think that they delayed it on purpose, very subtle of them as usual...

Aazealh said:
Anyway, I wonder what's up with all these Zodd statues they're making, they announced a Zodd II and a Zodd PVC (along with the Armored Berserk PVC), then the "Winged Silence: Soaring Zodd", and it looks like they're releasing them in reverse order, while changing the names in between 2 announcements. Good job at confusing people.

I figured that the Zodd PVC was the flying one. I hope I'm wrong because I'd prefer a different pose.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
BillyBudd said:
I figured that the Zodd PVC was the flying one. I hope I'm wrong because I'd prefer a different pose.

Well I thought the same, though no specific indication was given about it. They announced a PVC statue, then made another announcement about the "Winged Silence: Soaring Zodd", and released it. Nothing really linked the two. Maybe it's just me but I find their communication to be really confusing at times.

Woooooo. I got mine.

I actually couldn't decide which version I wanted so I ordered both (I don't plan on keeping both).......don't think I have alot of money. Berserk statues are more important than eating well.

I also ordered one for a buddy of mine that only has internet access at work. I can't wait to see what shipping on three of those too the states will be. :-X

Maiku said:
Woooooo. I got mine.

I actually couldn't decide which version I wanted so I ordered both (I don't plan on keeping both).......don't think I have alot of money. Berserk statues are more important than eating well.

I also ordered one for a buddy of mine that only has internet access at work. I can't wait to see what shipping on three of those too the states will be. :-X

Nice =) congrats on the purchase. I too had a bit of trouble deciding between which version, but I liked the silver sk better and well... blood is usually a good thing =P.

conan

Until next time...
Aaz,

does anyone else but me think the Soaring Zodd IS the PVC version?

Why else would it be so cheap and so small?!?!

At less than $125, and it being imported right away by Yamato USA (like other PVC statues in the past) I really think the Soaring one IS the PVC statue AOW has been advertising...

unless I'm completely off base, which I have been before...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
conan said:
does anyone else but me think the Soaring Zodd IS the PVC version?

Well, at least BillyBudd and I think the same. ;)

I wouldn't bet on it, knowing AOW, but that seems the most logical to me, in spite of their confusing announcements (2 announcements for the same statue in like two days, labelling it differently. Go figure). Anyway since it's PVC, and no new announcement was made about a Zodd statue, I think it's safe to assume that this is it.

Like I said, I just find the way they communicate about their releases to be confusing at times, same with their schedule which makes me wonder how they plan their business.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
DirectDK said:
Update: Both versions are now all sold out... in less than 30 minutes. That's quicker than the Armored Berserker Exclusives!
Dang! :eek:
That sure sold fast.

That SK bust though is my favorite part of it. :)

The regular version is now sold out as well. Until this morning I hadn't check since last Friday. Did anyone notice how long it lasted?

AOW didn't have a number limit for Zodd 2 (unlike other statues) but this time there was a time limit. The time limit was until 15:00 JP time, June 28th. This is good, cuz it limits the number produced.

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Zodd II statue order reopened

Hey I was just checking out the Art of War website and I stumbled upon this...

Announcement: Zodd Version II Statue
Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 1 (111) & Zodd Version II Statue Normal Version (113) will be re-opened for order on 18:30 pm (Japan time: 19 August). Each customer is limited to 2 units only.

So this is a great opportunity for those who missed out... and can afford it.

Re: Zodd II statue order reopened

SMZKAH said:
Hey I was just checking out the Art of War website and I stumbled upon this...

Announcement: Zodd Version II Statue
Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 1 (111) & Zodd Version II Statue Normal Version (113) will be re-opened for order on 18:30 pm (Japan time: 19 August). Each customer is limited to 2 units only.

So this is a great opportunity for those who missed out... and can afford it.

Hey SMZKAH,

Good looking out! My guess is that there were several cancellations.

On a side note, the statue is shipping early September. I CAN'T WAIT! :guts:

Derek

Top Bottom