3D Character's collection - Berserker update - [10/31/2007]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 3D Character's collection

Hey there Grorum, that looks pretty cool. I want to know what the surprise is. :SK:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

It's great to be able to see more of your stuff, Grorum. Looking forward to the surprise. :serpico:

Hello there, long time without update... ;]

Now that I have more time to work on my personnal CG, I will finish this berserker.

Here's somes screens of the current step :

turn.jpg

div.jpg

render test :
rder.jpg

Hope you like ! :beast:

N.B : I'm gonna make CG Berserk posters with first one as the Berserker, Sell price would be 50-100$. PM me if interested.

CnC

Ad Oculos

Grorum said:
N.B : I'm gonna make CG Berserk posters with first one as the Berserker, Sell price would be 50-100$. PM me if interested.

I like the model, but is that 50-100$ US? Seems a little steep.

Re: 3D Character's collection - Berserker update -

Good question CnC.
Take a moment to think about the production :

First, the work himself to complete the illustration...Loooot's of work. Truelly.
Furthermore, I will pay the paper poster and the print.
+ shipping cost I assume for the buyer.

Think of that when you buy an Art Of War figure, you buy the work.
Now 50$ is the best I can do, and project as...Gurunberd would cost more something like 100$.

Do not think I want to make money, I truelly won't be able to live with such thing...
But, if someone like my work, he can have a good and big poster of a character he likes in his home. Lot's of Cg infographists offer this option. :)

CnC

Ad Oculos

Grorum said:
Good question CnC.
Take a moment to think about the production :

First, the work himself to complete the illustration...Loooot's of work. Truelly.
Furthermore, I will pay the paper poster and the print.
+ shipping cost I assume for the buyer.

Haha, well actually I do know a bit of 3d modeling. I'm well aware of the kind of time put into a decent model.

But, whatever, man. Set your price if you feel its worth it. I just think, for me, its expensive. Thats all... moving on...

cool berserker armor.

Looks a little dense though. You could save a lot of that geometry for other parts of the armor though.

did you poly smooth each piece?

then again, if you aren't actually putting guts inside of the armor, you wouldn't really need it to deform properly, since you could just move each individual piece in the way you wanted it.

I'm a 3D modeler too, a video game developer, to be exact, to give a little bit about my background.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Maddness said:
I'm a 3D modeler too, a video game developer, to be exact, to give a little bit about my background.

Just curious, but what development studio do you work for/what games have you worked on?

Grorum said:
50 USD expensive...?
Should I give my work, you mean ?
$ 100 for a poster is a lot of money
I tend to purchase lots of berserk related things anyways, so I would probly get one if I liked the finished product.

Thanks for reply.  :guts:

Maddness : Yes, each piece is polysmoothed. It is NOT a low poly or middle low poly game. So it's useless to think about density. Sure it's density is high, but nothing important for an illustration of a model. Each armor piece has standard subdivision without smooth, to obtain a good "armor style looking".
Actual polycount is something like 200 000 triangles.

gh-zodd : 100 $ is a maximum. Well I doubt to sell anything else but 3D diorama at that price. (one I really want to make is the gurunberd/berserker flame fight, such a beautiful scene.)

Just wondering Grorum, Have you considered doing 3D animation as well as modeling? Because that would be cool if you could

The 3-D Berserk armor is simply amazing... it looks just like it walked right out of the manga. The Mozgus deciple is great too. o_o

Skullgrin140 said:
Just wondering Grorum, Have you considered doing 3D animation as well as modeling? Because that would be cool if you could

Well do not be too excited with my answer, but it is a YES.

First, I've think a lot about making a movie based on the manga sequence, like the mozgus fight, gurunberd fight or...last and totally surrealist ganishka fight, with the union of guts and zodd to deafeat his magic form. (simply amazing and totally splendid, Miura I love you.)

But as you can imagine, I'm alone, and doing this as a personnal work won't give me any money to live with. This is why it won't be for today. Let's say the idea may become reality in 2007, but nothing is sure about what scene I ll choose, and top of that, if i ll be able to make a good animation, this is so much work. XD

Waychel : glad you like it. Thanks a lot.  :serpico:

CnC

Ad Oculos

Grorum said:
Well do not be too excited with my answer, but it is a YES.

haha. well, don't get too ahead of yourself. You've got to finish the model first. :guts:

Thats very impressive, maybe when you finish the model of the Berserker armor someone could port it off as an Oblivion armor mod.

Guess not, it's quite heavy in polygon count you know.
(About 300K, maybe 500K when legs are done)

I've lots of professionnal work by the time, no spare time to finish it, neither this month.

I'll have plenty of time on february to work on it and...finish this one. (I really want to make a gurunberd bust, or Zoddo one..Ahhh...!)

Hello there,
I've got spare time again to finish (I hope) this model.
I'm pretty sure you will recognize the beautifull scene I'm working on.
Hope my english won't make people think I'm disdainfull or anything, I just want to share and have crits on my work.
Enjoy life ! :ganishka:

Due to the changing look of the character evolving in the manga, I worked again on the arms.
berserker_02_l.jpg

Higher Rez : here.

Viewport WIP :

capt.jpg

Many things will change soon. Still lot's of modeling. Lighting is not finished.

Top Bottom