Episode 261

Episode 261: 錆びた鳥籠 - "The rusty Birdcage"

05v17.jpg

Seems there are some Tigers left! More fight to come!  :guts:

yota821 said:
The babelfish is accurate

So, I guess it must be related with Farnese leaving her family, maybe this time for good, or something like that.

At least I hope so, and in the end Guts' band could finally go take a boat for Elfhelm!

asmer said:
At least I hope so, and in the end Guts' band could finally go take a boat for Elfhelm!

Dont worry... the boat trip to Elfhelm will take another few volume :carcus:

These 4 little Bonzai kittens will be gone after page 2 :badbone:

Smith said:
Dont worry... the boat trip to Elfhelm will take another few volume  :carcus:

Argh, I hope it doesn't!?... :isidro:

I would like Guts' band to board quickly to reach Elfhelm, WITH Farnese, while the story goes back to the Kushans' invasion, and probably Griffith's intervention. After all, it's not Guts' battle (against Ganishka), it's Griffith's one! [I tried to put the old "Undecided" smiley here, but it doesn't seem to work...]

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Argh, I hope it doesn't!?...

I wouldn't plan on them boarding a ship in the next episode if I were you.

asmer said:
After all, it's not Guts' battle (against Ganishka), it's Griffith's one!

Vritannis' invasion by Kushan forces isn't Griffith's battle for now, though. Last time we saw him he was watching the night sky, and it took place during the night of the invasion (i.e. right now but elsewhere). Vritannis is also supposed to get annihilated, so I wouldn't expect the Hawks to arrive too early, if they do arrive.

asmer said:
[I tried to put the old "Undecided" smiley here, but it doesn't seem to work...]

Your favorite, eh? Works fine here. :-\

puella

Berserk forever
asmer said:
Episode 261: 錆びた鳥籠 - "The rusting Bird Cage"

The title is "babelfished", so... :???:

Seems there are some Tigers left! More fight to come! :guts:

I think "the rusting bird cage" sounds a bit odd. How about "the rusty birdcage" instead?

Aw man, now that the action is in the fast lane I can't help but foam at the mouth waiting for each episode to come out. The slow episodes it's like "meh, two weeks, no big deal." Now it's like "two weeks, I want the next episode now!!!!"

Aazealh said:
I wouldn't plan on them boarding a ship in the next episode if I were you.
Right, I'm just hoping they would, but it's probably not gonna happen... :-\
It's some kind of "Strategical Retreat" Theory.

Aazealh said:
Vritannis' invasion by Kushan forces isn't Griffith's battle for now, though. Last time we saw him he was watching the night sky, and it took place during the night of the invasion (i.e. right now but elsewhere). Vritannis is also supposed to get annihilated, so I wouldn't expect the Hawks to arrive too early, if they do arrive.
I don't know... I was thinking that in his role of "Savior of Midland", to intervene in Vritannis, in front of all the Nobles from almost every Midland's Countries would be quite the right moment?! Maybe he could let the city in itself be destroyed, but save the Nobles. And after that he could officially claim Midland's Throne.

Aazealh said:
Your favorite, eh? Works fine here. :-\
Hum... No, it's not... :-[
I don't know why, but it still doesn't work, I had to type it manually... :???:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
I don't know... I was thinking that in his role of "Savior of Midland", to intervene in Vritannis, in front of all the Nobles from almost every Midland's Countries

Most of these nobles aren't from Midland, even if some of them are (like Owen). And I don't think he necessarily needs to claim the throne of Midland in front of the Holy See Alliance, since he's the queen's lover... They don't really have anything to say. Owen was even told by Midland's lords that they wouldn't do anything without a leader from the royal family...

Now I imagine that the nobles won't all die and that he'll make an impression on them sometime in the future, but not right now IMHO. And leaving the city to destruction while saving the nobles? What about their armies? It's not so easy.

Aazealh said:
Most of these nobles aren't from Midland, even if some of them are (like Owen). And I don't think he necessarily needs to claim the throne of Midland in front of the Holy See Alliance, since he's the queen's lover... They don't really have anything to say. Owen was even told by Midland's lords that they wouldn't do anything without a leader from the royal family...
Well, Midland or not, what I meant is that Griffith, in his role of "Savior" (the one that will lead the Blind Sheeps as stated in the Prophecy), by arriving as everybody is about to be annihilated, could reinforce his position, not only in Midland, you're right, but towards all the countries of the Holy See Alliance!

Aazealh said:
Now I imagine that the nobles won't all die and that he'll make an impression on them sometime in the future, but not right now IMHO. And leaving the city to destruction while saving the nobles? What about their armies? It's not so easy.
If Griffith let most of the other armies be destroyed, wouldn't that reinforce his own, the New BoH (which already surpasses the strongest "normal" army)?!... According to Sonja, as you said, the city is gonna be destroyed, but we don't know about the population for sure... I still think saving the Nobles would be a smart move for Griffith!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
Griffith by arriving as everybody is about to be annihilated could reinforce his position

Yeah, well that's sort of obvious you know. :guts: My point was just that they aren't only from Midland, and that he doesn't need their approval for anything.

asmer said:
If Griffith let most of the other armies be destroyed, wouldn't that reinforce his own, the New BoH (which already surpasses the strongest "normal" army)?!

Yeah, of course it would be good for him, but that's not the question, it has to be possible scenaristically... Saving all the nobles and letting their armies fight with the Kushans without doing anything isn't a very plausible course of actions, I'm sure you agree.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, well that's sort of obvious you know. :guts: My point was just that they aren't only from Midland, and that he doesn't need their approval for anything.
For sure, I agree that he doesn't need their approval (at all). But Griffith has already shown that he is a Master in making people think what he wants them to... And if he wanted to unify every countries in the Holy See Alliance under his very own and unique command, maybe he would care in impressing the Nobles that are currently in Vritannis... I don"t know, it doesn't seem impossible to me!

Aazealh said:
Yeah, of course it would be good for him, but that's not the question, it has to be possible scenaristically... Saving all the nobles and letting their armies fight with the Kushans without doing anything isn't a very plausible course of actions, I'm sure you agree.
Of course I do agree with how you are presenting the situation... But the Nobles are not supposed to know that Griffith may have intervened sooner. If he let the Kushans kill a lot of soldiers, but intervenes (AFTER the assault) as they are about to enter the castle (or house, or whatever...) where all the Nobles are gathered, that wouldn't seem unlogical?! It even has a strong suspense effect : are they gonna be killed... yes... no... END OF EPISODE!!!... :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
asmer said:
I don"t know, it doesn't seem impossible to me!

Nobody said it was, I said the contrary actually. :schierke:

asmer said:
If he let the Kushans kill a lot of soldiers, but intervenes (AFTER the assault) as they are about to enter the castle (or house, or whatever...) where all the Nobles are gathered, that wouldn't seem unlogical?!

Yeah, the Hawks could come after the battle and wipe out the Kushans, I as well as others said so quite a number of times in the past months already. However, the nobles are being attacked and killed right now, at the ball. They're going to die and flee, and I'd expect them to try to join with their troops rather than insolating themselves in a castle or whatever you're thinking of, especially since they're apparently major targets in this attack.

Like I said, it's been speculated for a while now that the Hawks will appear at the end of the battle and save/incorporate the survivors, but what you're suggesting is the opposite, saving the nobles first and foremost but leaving the city and allied armies to be destroyed. I just don't find that to be very plausible in the context, especially since Guts is taking care of the nobles at the moment.

Lithrael

Remember, always hold your apple tight
Also, don't forget about the Kushan mystic's comments after the croc fight...  The Kushans may have much more of a shitstorm on the way than we might think.  Look at all the troops spread out over the hills around Vritannis and think about how badass the Kushan plan has to be for that guy to be so deeply cocksure about the outcome.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Lithrael said:
The Kushans may have much more of a shitstorm on the way than we might think. Look at all the troops spread out over the hills around Vritannis and think about how badass the Kushan plan has to be for that guy to be so deeply cocksure about the outcome.

Indeed, remember how we were all thinking that Ganishka would be crushed and how he finally didn't fare that bad... Anyway, thanks Lith for that providential post.

The episode is out. Please buy the manga! :SK:

A lot of things happen, it's seriously cool. Isidro and the others get to help defending the nobles, the elves set up a show, Schierke shows us new toys (her own familiars :isidro:) that Farnese gets to use through a ring with a rose embedded in it (to control thorny snakes!) :SK:, she even saves Roderick who tries to fight a tiger by himself (jealous of Guts :guts:). Serpico is only in one page, but he's a total badass. Touching Farnese/Guts scene too near the end, she of course won't be staying behind, really great.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks for the episode Aazealh! :serpico:

I thought Serpico's section might be a little more interesting, but he's efficient like that, so no complaints. Love his expression as he lands, too.

Shierke's familiars are...interesting...but they seem pretty effective. Great episode overall! Can't wait for the translation :guts:.

Top Bottom