Episode 261

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
avi said:
One question: Now there are some evil tiger immobilized in the palace (and maybe also in all the Town...), right?

They were paralyzed by Schierke's final spell, that is true, but as you can see on page 18, the nobles made short work of them...how brave they are,no?^^
It is quite possible that there are still enemy forces left in town.

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the nobles reaction towards Guts's party in the next episode, especially the reaction of Farnese's family and Roderick, as he seems suprisingly capable...one tends to forget the competence of others when Guts is showing off his mad skillz^^

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SimplyEd said:
It is quite possible that there are still enemy forces left in town.

I'd even risk myself to say that there's no doubt about it. And Schierke only paralysed the tigers that were at the ball as far as I can tell.

SimplyEd said:
i'm looking forward to the nobles reaction towards Guts's party in the next episode, especially the reaction of Farnese's family and Roderick, as he seems suprisingly capable...

Yeah, if they have time to talk, that promises to be interesting, especially if Owen has a word to say.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
First, let me say thank you again Aazealh for the new episode. Thank you GoHF for the mirror. And thank you Puella for the new puck reference information.

It looks that things seem to be lining up well for the Roderick joining Guts and Farnese theory. And if so, Guts need for seamen and a ship are taken care of. :troll:
I wonder if Roderick would be able to obtain a weapon though, or if he'll just take the candlestick.

Aazealh said:
The color page with Farnese will either be the cover of volume 29 or part of the mini-poster, your guesses? :SK:
Well, being that nearly 90% of all covers have had Guts somewhere on the them, I would assume that the colored Farnese page will simply be a poster. Only three covers had not featured Guts, two of which had Griffith, and the other Casca holding the hawk of light(Griffith). So IMO, if it doesn't have either Guts or Griffith it wouldn't work.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
It looks that things seem to be lining up well for the Roderick joining Guts and Farnese theory. And if so, Guts need for seamen and a ship are taken care of.

Well, with the Kushan fleet nearby, I'm not sure fleeing the battle by boat will be so easy, even if they manage to find a crew willing to sail to some mystical island.

Headless Death said:
I wonder if Roderick would be able to obtain a weapon though, or if he'll just take the candlestick.

I think that no matter what weapon he has, he'll be better off not taking part in any serious fight. Farnese won't always be there to save him. :void:

Headless Death said:
Only three covers had not featured Guts, two of which had Griffith, and the other Casca holding the hawk of light(Griffith).

Hmm yeah, you're just repeating what I said on page 2 though, you know. :SK:

Aazealh said:
That would be the fourth cover not having Guts on it (others are 12, 20, and 21). Berserk trivia.

Aazealh said:
Anyway, since nobody mentioned it yet, I imagine you guys noticed the obvious correlation between the rose and thorns here, and the rose and thorns that SK is famous for. I don't think we'll get to learn anything about it for now, but that's still quite interesting. It gives the Flora/SK relationship more background, though I already thought the rose was all about her.

That was my first thought! My second was that maybe I was reading too much into it. Third time around was imagining how the thorn/roses could relate to Skullknight AND Schierke's cute little sock puppet lookalikes at the same time. Cute and Skully just don't seem mixable, but maybe Flora's versions were slinkier. ;) Schierke is still a girl, after all.

I take this as a good sign that eventually we'll get the Flora and Skullknight/Gaiseric story. I'm so curious to find out more about their relationship.

Anyway, I really enjoyed Roderick. I like him the same way I liked Jerome. Serpico's face as he was lopping off heads was great. He's scary as hell sometimes, in a strangely attractive way. I laughed at the nobles beating the tigers once they were disabled. Farnese's scene with Guts at the end was sweet; he's come such a long way since this story began.

Hmmm, I'm going to miss Magnifico -- especially those expressions of his -- and I'm wondering what Lord Vandimion is thinking of the son he's not acknowledged publicly. Not many dads can claim they have a son that can fly...

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
Hey, good idea. :guts: It could also just be that they only revert when dead, or that there's a delay (there was one for the Makara).

IMHO, it looks like the rose serpents have reverted. The reversion form is the coil they bind them selves up in--just a coil of thorns, it looks like to me.

miurafan said:
Anyway, I really enjoyed Roderick. I like him the same way I liked Jerome.
I was just thinking about that. Roderick is shaping up nicely as a noble aide to Guts' cause. He seems to genuinely care about Farnese, so I don't think it's unlikely he'll be willing to help her.

egg of the king said:
IMHO, it looks like the rose serpents have reverted. The reversion form is the coil they bind them selves up in--just a coil of thorns, it looks like to me.
Yeah, they did. They coiled up like that because there was no need for them. I don't know if they do that automatically when they're free from threats/not in use or if Farnese willed them that way, but since Schierke praised Farnese's control of them (she used them impromptu), I'd like to think the woman learns fast. :)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jhot obs said:
I don't know if they do that automatically when they're free from threats/not in use or if Farnese willed them that way, but since Schierke praised Farnese's control of them (she used them impromptu), I'd like to think the woman learns fast. :)
Yeah, Farnese is improving rapidly. Not too long ago she was having trouble visualizing the od of an apple and now she's controlling Familiars and doing well with them. Hell, she even rushed in an episode ago and implemented a first strike again a tiger with a candlestick holder. She's finally getting some guts! (eh, pun intended I guess) :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
miurafan said:
I take this as a good sign that eventually we'll get the Flora and Skullknight/Gaiseric story. I'm so curious to find out more about their relationship.

Hehe, who isn't? :SK:

miurafan said:
Serpico's face as he was lopping off heads was great. He's scary as hell sometimes

I agree, I like the contrast between the apparently goofy Serpico and the dead serious cold killer he reveals himself to be when really fighting.

miurafan said:
Hmmm, I'm going to miss Magnifico -- especially those expressions of his

Hehe yeah, he's been portrayed more as a comic character than anything else until now.

miurafan said:
I'm wondering what Lord Vandimion is thinking of the son he's not acknowledged publicly. Not many dads can claim they have a son that can fly...

I think he'll find a way to pass Serpico a message only him will get, even if it's as benign as a nod or a look in his eyes.

egg of the king said:
IMHO, it looks like the rose serpents have reverted. The reversion form is the coil they ind them selves up in

It would be more proper to say that they "arranged" themselves in a convenient form (probably following Farnese' will), adapted to transportation IMHO. They're still ready to use, just idle for now. I say that as opposed to the notion of living animals reverting from mutated shapes to their normal selves (e.g. Makara to whale), after their masters died, or after being killed themselves. Same thing for apostles who revert to their human form after dying.

Jhot obs said:
They coiled up like that because there was no need for them.

That's what I'm alluding to. Flora and Schierke's familars are originally inanimate objects that become sentient through witchcraft, so when not needed they just stay out of trouble, following their master's instructions. We can see them rolled up neatly, while if they "reverted" in the sense of going back to their original form, they'd just look like a bunch of old vines.

IbaranoHebi.jpg

Not sure I'm very clear. -__-; Oh well.

Rhombaad said:
Yeah, Farnese is improving rapidly.

Yup, I really dig her recent attitude, shows that all the character development she went through is bearing its fruits. I tell you guys, behold the group when they'll come out of Elfhelm, it's going to be badass time. :badbone:

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
It would be more proper to say that they "arranged" themselves in a convenient form (probably following Farnese' will), adapted to transportation IMHO. They're still ready to use, just idle for now. I say that as opposed to the notion of living animals reverting from mutated shapes to their normal selves (e.g. Makara to whale), after their masters died, or after being killed themselves. Same thing for apostles who revert to their human form after dying.

time. :badbone:

Yes, indeed, I thought that reversion wasn't quite the right way to describe it, which was what I was pointing out in your previous post about the subject. However, I did use the word to describe their new "arrangment", so I'm just as guilty.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
egg of the king said:
I thought that reversion wasn't quite the right way to describe it, which was what I was pointing out in your previous post about the subject.

Oh, I think there's a misunderstanding then. I just checked the original post where I said that "the familiars didn't revert and that Schierke had to immobilize them", and I meant the tiger familiars, not her own.

egg of the king

Mort pour Rien
Aazealh said:
Oh, I think there's a misunderstanding then. I just checked the original post where I said that "the familiars didn't revert and that Schierke had to immobilize them", and I meant the tiger familiars, not her own.

hehe yeah, definitely a misunderstanding. My mistake; I thought you were referrign to the rose serpents for some reason.

Headless_Death

u/QuartetGhent
Aazealh said:
Well, with the Kushan fleet nearby, I'm not sure fleeing the battle by boat will be so easy, even if they manage to find a crew willing to sail to some mystical island.
May not be easy, but a possibility. I would think that any crew that they can gather wouldn't even mind sailing away if it meant possible escape. And with Schierke, maybe she would be able to whip up an escape ploy. Although this is only assuming that the larger attack of the city is imminent, based upon Sonja's vision.

Aazealh said:
I think that no matter what weapon he has, he'll be better off not taking part in any serious fight. Farnese won't always be there to save him. :void:

Maybe not yet, but he may have more skill than we have seen so far. We've only seen his useless sword, and the candlestick on an immobilized tiger. But he should have some skill being a Captain. Along with the fact that he definitly has some courage.

Aazealh said:
Hmm yeah, you're just repeating what I said on page 2 though, you know. :SK:
Oops, I should have read more closely.

Headless Death said:

Maybe he can go back and fetch that axe flora prepared for Guts... either way, hes losing the cool sails sword :p

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
DefaultJ!! said:
Maybe he can go back and fetch that axe flora prepared for Guts... either way, hes losing the cool sails sword :p
Or he's going to go to war and die and we won't have to worry about Mr. Roderick anymore. I really can't see him playing a very important role in the series...Or atleast I don't want him to. He'll probably just say something lame like, "I see now that I do not have the strength for one such as you, Farnese. I promise that I will become strong so I will be considered worthy. Until then, farewell!"
Then he'll be mauled by a bear or something.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Headless Death said:
May not be easy, but a possibility. I would think that any crew that they can gather wouldn't even mind sailing away if it meant possible escape.

Oh yeah, it's a very plausible possibility of course. As for sailors, I agree that they wouldn't mind going anywhere if it meant fleeing, only a few days later they might change their mind... Then again, Guts and co have what it takes to keep anybody in line. In any case, pretty much anything can happen right now, so we'll have to wait and see.

Headless Death said:
Maybe not yet, but he may have more skill than we have seen so far. We've only seen his useless sword, and the candlestick on an immobilized tiger. But he should have some skill being a Captain. Along with the fact that he definitly has some courage.

Well, he didn't use his sword brilliantly, regardless of it being useless (the nobles finished up the other tigers with normal swords...) or not. He does have courage anyway, but his skills as a captain should be more about leading troops and being the 3rd in line to the throne than pure fighting skills, IMHO.

DefaultJ!! said:
Maybe he can go back and fetch that axe flora prepared for Guts...

Besides the fact that he won't do that no matter what happens, I doubt he would have been able to use it properly.

Triggormortis said:
I really can't see him playing a very important role in the series...Or atleast I don't want him to.

I can't say he's a favorite of mine either for now. :troll: That's not the general opinion though; I think I'll just lay back and enjoy the show Miura-sensei is preparing us. :badbone:

Anyway, since I know that a few people complain about Miura not having a livejournal or something like that (a certain invidivual going by the initials W. B.), here are some news dated from a month ago (yeah, I didn't post before because I'm lazy):

These days, he often goes to the SPA, and likes to buy special rice cakes. He wasn't in good condition in the beginning of this year, became ill from overworking (educated guess of his average worktime is 16h a day, everyday, with a day or two of rest between episodes), which probably explains his breaks being more frequent this past year.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Kinda looking forward a bit but... suppose Owen and the other nobles from the Golden Age remember Guts and co... Wonder what the impact would be on Ishidro since he has the fixation with him... well maybe not that strong of a word but since the "Raid leader" was Ishidro's insperation. Just some food for thought... also I wonder how the convo. would go between Gut's and Owen and the rest.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
suppose Owen and the other nobles from the Golden Age remember Guts and co... Wonder what the impact would be on Isidro [...] also I wonder how the convo. would go between Gut's and Owen and the rest.

Yeah, I wonder if Owen will fully remember Guts, if he'll do while they're in the same room, and if he'll be able/willing to speak. Asking anything about the Band of the Hawk would probably earn him a knuckle sandwich though... (exaggerating a bit) "Griffith sent you?" :schierke:

The impact on the group would be quite something if Guts were to reveal his past I think, but for now he'd rather keep it to the minimum IMHO, that's more the kind of story I'd see him relating them while travelling to Elfhelm or once arrived.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
The impact on the group would be quite something if Guts were to reveal his past I think, but for now he'd rather keep it to the minimum IMHO, that's more the kind of story I'd see him relating them while travelling to Elfhelm or once arrived.
I can't wait for Guts to reveal his past to everyone. It will be interesting to see how they look at him after they discover what he's been through. I wonder how Farnese will react to learning about what happened to Casca during the Eclipse and the reason why she's the way she is now. I'm also betting that the reveal will take place either on the way to Elfhelm or if/when they get a chance to rest after getting there.

I'm thinking that the fact that Serpico is Farnese's half-brother would be revealed pretty soon (perhaps after Farnese's family is slaughtered :carcus:??). I'm thinking that's gonna be the big shocker, and will be soon overshadowed by the Kushan invasion.

Maybe that's just my wishful thinking, but he's (:serpico:)kept it as a secret for long enough, IMO.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
I'm thinking that the fact that Serpico is Farnese's half-brother would be revealed pretty soon

I honestly can't imagine what her reaction would be. Probably intense.

Top Bottom