Guts' army organization

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
Let's assume that, some time in the future, Guts decides to raise an army (this is kinda foreshadowed when Guts demonstrates his knowledge of the killing business when they arrive at Vritannis), how do you suppose he (or Serpico, since organizing probably isn't guts' forte) will organize it?

this is how i see the current clique's member's(this is includes azan, due to some wishful thinking :) ) roles while not in battle.

Guts: figurehead
Serpico: strategic planning
Azan: training instructor
Isidoro: scouting? but more likely: expeditious aquisition of goods
Silke: Medical care, also scouting thanks to her scrying abilities
Farneze: Medical Care.
Caska: not sure, probably secondary figurehead or even strategic planning along with Serp.

Their combat roles:

Guts: commander of the shock troops, either cavalry, or...Berserkers?
Azan: Commander of the line infantry (spearmen)
Caska: Commands light shock troops
Isidoro: commands the covert troops (they basically hide and take the enemy by surprise, or they "headhunt".)
Silke: commands and provides HEAVY ARTILLERY, or just scryes the battlefield, or both.
Farneze: useless?

Guts doesnt need an army he kills everyone by himself ;D also nothing will be able to stand agaisnt griffiths apostle army so going to the effort of creating an army just to have it destroyed seems abit pointless.

I think its more likly casca will regain her memmory and u will have guts/casca/serpico as the fighters with farnese/Schierke as support with puck and the other elf as healers... and Isidro will be useful once in a while to get them out of sh*t.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Kagami said:
give me your pint.
She really hasn't done anything extraordinary to prove she has any real prowess in battle. Yea she is receiving very limited training under Schierke but she has been shaky in almost every enemy encounter.

The sheer responsibility of keeping Casca safe has been her one saving grace so to speak... other then that, she is pretty much useless as of right now.

IgnusDei said:
Let's assume that, some time in the future, Guts decides to raise an army (this is kinda foreshadowed when Guts demonstrates his knowledge of the killing business when they arrive at Vritannis), how do you suppose he (or Serpico, since organizing probably isn't guts' forte) will organize it?

this is how i see the current clique's member's(this is includes azan, due to some wishful thinking :) ) roles while not in battle.

Guts: figurehead
Serpico: strategic planning
Azan: training instructor
Isidro: scouting? but more likely: expeditious aquisition of goods
Schierke: Medical care, also scouting thanks to her scrying abilities
Farnese: Medical Care.
Casca: not sure, probably secondary figurehead or even strategic planning along with Serp.

Their combat roles:

Guts: commander of the shock troops, either cavalry, or...Berserkers?
Azan: Commander of the line infantry (spearmen)
Casca: Commands light shock troops
Isidro: commands the covert troops (they basically hide and take the enemy by surprise, or they "headhunt".)
Schierke: commands and provides HEAVY ARTILLERY, or just scryes the battlefield, or both.
Farnese: useless?

Seeing this concept is looking very far down the future if it was ever going to happen (which I very much doubt an army would be raised at all other than a few extra distinguished members) and then again some could even die before anyone new comes into place.

Hypothetically though, I think you neglect to see Farnese's obvious role in the future; she is on the path to becoming a magic user and it's very very unlikely that by the end of the story she isn't going to be help in that area, Miura has made it official that this is her current ambition.

Having said that a future both her and Schierke's role in the story will be something beyond the standard random soldiers job in the military as magic users, Guts will rely on them for jobs that can't be touched by the average person on or off the field.

ArtemisAngel

Gattsu*Caska
I think Guts enjoys companions, though he may not wish to admit it, but I don't think he would go through the effort of creating an army. If he DID have an army, I think it would be coincidental. I think people would want to follow him or his companions, and slowly make a larger and larger group. The only way Guts would approve of this is if each person was useful enough, making quite a good army. However, I don't think he will ever have an army, or at least I don't think he'd want to lead it.

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
Guts raising his own army

Looks like the series is heading towards Guts becoming a major player in this war for midland. I am suspecting that in the coming months Farnese family will become Gut's army after his performance against the Kushan invaders.

ArtemisAngel said:
I think Guts enjoys companions, though he may not wish to admit it, but I don't think he would go through the effort of creating an army. If he DID have an army, I think it would be coincidental. I think people would want to follow him or his companions, and slowly make a larger and larger group. The only way Guts would approve of this is if each person was useful enough, making quite a good army. However, I don't think he will ever have an army, or at least I don't think he'd want to lead it.

When you think about it before the Band of the Hawks were slaughtered the Band particular the Hawk Raiders were going to follow him and Guts realized why did he leaving something that was soo good in the first place and knew where he truly belongs. I think he was destined to be a Leader or Griffith sucessor if things didn't go sh--- like it did. IMHO

Top Bottom