Couldn't they just cut the Brand out??

Well looking at the brand in the anime ( haven't read any manga, still on order from dark horse ) it doesn't seem to be that deep, so couldn't Guts and Casca just sort of cut it out, it would be kinda hard for Guts because it is in his neck but it looks like it could be possible?

The Tricksta

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
The Brand isn't just a physical manifestation or a scar, it's supernatural, and never really cicatrize. It bleeds near evil creatures, and Guts can feel astral beings with it, even witches. It's a curse, and an extremely powerful one from what Flora told Guts. Even with her knowledge as an old and powerful magic user, they couldn't do more than just temporarily lessen its effects.

Moreover, the Brand also marks one's soul, and dooms it to join Hell (the Vortex of Souls). Remember the corpses in the Tower of Rebirth (when Guts and co went to save Griffith)? Their skulls were branded, not just the skin but the bone itself. So hacking at Casca's breast probably wouldn't do much.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
Aazealh said:
So hacking at Casca's breast probably wouldn't do much.
While your argument has merit, I'm afraid I can't see eye-to-eye with you on this part.

Just a thought, in that picture in the manga (too lazy to find it) where Guts is having a nightmare where he loses it and rapes Casca as the Beast, does he bite her breast with the mark on it?
:casca: :chomp:

Aazealh said:
The Brand isn't just a physical manifestation or a scar, it's supernatural, and never really cicatrize. It bleeds near evil creatures, and Guts can feel astral beings with it, even witches. It's a curse, and an extremely powerful one from what Flora told Guts. Even with her knowledge as an old and powerful magic user, they couldn't do more than just temporarily lessen its effects.

Moreover, the Brand also marks one's soul, and dooms it to join Hell (the Vortex of Souls). Remember the corpses in the Tower of Rebirth (when Guts and co went to save Griffith)? Their skulls were branded, not just the skin but the bone itself. So hacking at Casca's breast probably wouldn't do much.

Alright well lets say for aguments sake that it was on the arm he cut off, would that remove the curse of the brand or would it still have an affect on his soul?

The Tricksta

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
The brand marks you as sacrifice, dice it however you want.

If Guts was branded on his arm, then cut it off, could he claim he was never sacrificed? That the consequences of the brand don't still apply?

:guts: "Damned Brain Clown!! Back!"
:void: "... Sacrifice..."
:guts: "I'm no sacrifice! Prove it!"
:void: "Your fear... your hate... belong to us!"
:guts: "Hah! Prove it!" *holds up bloody stump*
:void: "BLAST!"

PS: Could this have anything to do with why you're not allowed to remove mattress tags? :???:

Walter said:
The brand marks you as sacrifice, dice it however you want.

If Guts was branded on his arm, then cut it off, could he claim he was never sacrificed? That the consequences of the brand don't still apply?

:guts: "Damned Brain Clown!! Back!"
:void: "... Sacrifice..."
:guts: "I'm no sacrifice! Prove it!"
:void: "Your fear... your hate... belong to us!"
:guts: "Hah! Prove it!" *holds up bloody stump*
:void: "BLAST!"

Well hello mr comedian, lol, never really thought of it that way :isidro:

The Tricksta

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Triggormortis said:
in that picture in the manga (too lazy to find it) where Guts is having a nightmare where he loses it and rapes Casca as the Beast, does he bite her breast with the mark on it?

Nope, it's the other one (right breast).

tricksta_666_wa said:
Alright well lets say for aguments sake that it was on the arm he cut off, would that remove the curse of the brand or would it still have an affect on his soul?

Yes, it would still have an effect... For all we know, the physical manifestation of the Brand could even reform itself on the stump.

Yup, once your branded thats it, everything that is "you" apparently belongs to Godhand/demons or whatever, and just by how they received it(Void conjures it up in his palm and such) should give you a clue thats it more than just a simple mark on the skin.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Me Why said:
I miss seeing the old Guts that used to be haunted by spirits every night.

If it was always the same thing it would get boring guys. The story has to progress for it to remain original and interesting.

Top Bottom