What's your favorite non-apostle monster that Guts fought?

My favorite was that Kelpie in volume 25. I liked the design, his attacks, and the fact that it wasn't your usual Berserk monster. There need be more Kelpies, damnit!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Changed the thread title a bit, since there's already a thread about apostles. My non-apostle favorite monster would be... Schnoz. :SK:

Now, one that Guts actually fought... I think I'd say the Makara. The first shot we saw of it at the end of episode 240 really impressed me. Cool design, cool background, even if quickly disposed of. And I also liked the Kelpie.

I would say the demon child. Now, sure he didn't fight him physically (there was that one part where Guts actually swung his sword at him though...), but it was always such a psychological confrontation and emotional battle between the two, that I consider the demon child one of the fiercest opponents Guts ever fought. :beast:

Apostles and monsters can break his bones, but the demon child will always cut through to inner being of Guts.

If the child doesn't count, then trolls :troll: will be my next choice. They're soooooo cute!!! :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
there was that one part where Guts actually swung his sword at him though...

He also tried to crush him with his foot, right after the child was born. Now that's paternal love. :troll: I'm not sure I like to call him a monster though. :judo:

Well, I've only read volume one of the manga, and been looking through this site, so what Ive seen so far Id say..hmmmm this is a hard desicion since theres been so many, I'd have to say either the trolls,tigers, or giant crocs.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
fuxberg said:
No.. No they werent apostles :carcus:

Hahah, good one. I'd count them in the apostle family though, even if they indeed weren't real apostles (they were "quasi-apostles" or "pseudo-apostles", hard to translate). But yeah, they were pretty cool enemies.

Another monster I would like to add are the people executed and tied onto the wheels (in volume 18). The antics by Isidro and Puck made them all the more memorable. :puck: :isidro:

zombies7bt.jpg

Rollin', rollin~
Rollin', rollin'~
[whip cracks] Yah! :troll:

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
yota821 said:
Another monster I would like to add are the people executed and tied onto the wheels (in volume 18).  The antics by Isidro and Puck made them all the more memorable. :puck: :isidro:
Yeah, fogot about those guys. I thought the idea for those guys was really original. And original = sweetness (most of the time.)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
Zondark and Roshinus guards that used to be Knights.

Like for Mozgus and his disciples, they were "quasi-apostles", so I'd still categorize them with apostles and not just as different monsters.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Alucalb said:
At least call them Apostle-spawn or minions or daemons (from DH's translation for vol. 2). "Quasi-Apostle" just sounds so undignified. :serpico:

That's still the closer to the original that I found (although "pseudo-apostle" is probably more fitting), so I think I'll stick with it. And I don't find "minion" nor "spawn" to be dignifying. As for "daemon", it's just not correct.

Well, okay, I mean psuedo/quasi-Apostle just doesn't have that ring to it. :p

Anyway, I pick the Makara for another of my favourite monsters.

Top Bottom