AOW Metallic Statue: Zodd

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Yeah I was shocked when I saw the new Femto statue. Even though it was a direct pull from a cover as far as originality, at least it wasnt wood XD

Well, I found that new Femto to be pretty neat, I was agreeably surprised. Now if they could make more items like that instead of recycling old products...

Aazealh said:
Well, I found that new Femto to be pretty neat, I was agreeably surprised. Now if they could make more items like that instead of recycling old products...

Yeah definitely. I was sitting on the fence when they announced it, but as soon as I saw it, I ordered it. I hope in the future they make some apostles actually...albiet they will probably be insanely expensive. Speaking of which they really need to start accepting CCs or at least paypal or something. Paying 60 bux everytime you want a statue just for buying the damn thing is ridiculous.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
grendelrt said:
Speaking of which they really need to start accepting CCs or at least paypal or something. Paying 60 bux everytime you want a statue just for buying the damn thing is ridiculous.

They accepted Japanese credit cards for a while actually (if I remember well), but they don't take them anymore apparently. And they just never trusted International CC payments... I agree that it sucks.

So I'm thinking about the metal Zodd

So yeah the more I thought about the Brass Zodd over the weekend the more I want him. I'm just trying to justify it. I make pretty good money and the purchase won't affect my lifestyle at all. At the same time though it is just alot to spend on one thing.

If I get it and decide I'm a complete idiot do you guys think I'll be able to make a reasonable amount of my money back on ebay? I don't know of any other hard core Berserk collectors on this board or that I talk to privately that are picking this up.

conan

Until next time...
Re: So I'm thinking about the metal Zodd

too expensive IMO...thought is is brass so it's a "major collector's only" type of thing.

I'd say you'd have a hard time selling it in USA or on Ebay USA if you did buy it...

No one wants to drop a grand+ on a "used" or even "like new" statue...and I can't imagine what shipping for that would be.

See if Yamato USA is gonna import like 1 of these...and then buy it from them for cheaper than the retail 150000 yen...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: So I'm thinking about the metal Zodd

Merged your thread to the old one Maiku.

Maiku said:
If I get it and decide I'm a complete idiot do you guys think I'll be able to make a reasonable amount of my money back on ebay? I don't know of any other hard core Berserk collectors on this board or that I talk to privately that are picking this up.

Well, first don't forget that the orders are taken until September 9, that you'll have to pay in advance, and that only then it'll be made. What does that mean? Given the price, only people that truly want it will buy it. I don't see some guys buying 5 to resell them later on, or at least not a lot of them, that'd be quite an investment for something that isn't guarranteed to sell well (and I doubt AOW to publically announce how many people ordered it).

So in my opinion, which only engages myself, those who let the occasion pass may have a hard time finding it later on. I think it will become rare, difficult to buy and not necessarily easy to sell, as the people really wanting it will have bought it originally. I see a high resell value over time, but that's only if AOW doesn't release anything else in between, and remember that the Japanese part of the site calls it "ver1". It doesn't prove anything, but you know that they aren't discarding the possibility of making another set.

conan said:
I'd say you'd have a hard time selling it in USA or on Ebay USA if you did buy it...

I also think so. It's Yahoo Japan auctions or nothing for items like this one.

conan said:
See if Yamato USA is gonna import like 1 of these...and then buy it from them for cheaper than the retail 150000 yen...

Since they're made exclusively on customer demand, I don't think there will be exports.

I dunno, if it was a new scupt, it would justify it partially, but I wouldn't buy it.

It probably costs them at most $150 to make (because they have the cast already, so most of the research and development is already done) and they are majorly overcharging for it.

EndLeSS8 said:
I dunno, if it was a new scupt, it would justify it partially, but I wouldn't buy it.

It probably costs them at most $150 to make (because they have the cast already, so most of the research and development is already done) and they are majorly overcharging for it.

100% untrue. The plaster mold that can be used for resin definetly can't be used for brass. I'm going to ask someone about this today. They do save some money not having to resculpt it.

Another point of reference could be the bronze Gandalf that Sideshow put out. Bronze is more expensive than brass but still that was $6,500.........now I still think this is a bit over priced but I'd definetly say it costs them more than $150 a unit.

Well, the majority of the initial costs is the scupt itself, not the mould (due to logic reasons) and generally speaking, the sculpt is already done.

As for brass, I have no real clue, so I assume you are correct. Brass is an alloy of copper and nickel correct? (I forgot, I learned it in high school) Both of those 2 metals are generally readily availiable. I guess the expensive part is if the statue can be made at the AOW place, because I don't know if they have a metal refinery place at the normal polystone/resin workshop.

EndLeSS8 said:
Well, the majority of the initial costs is the scupt itself, not the mould (due to logic reasons) and generally speaking, the sculpt is already done.

I don't know man. I've worked at companies that make toys and stautes. I've seen invoices in person for these things. For resin yes the sculpt is the most expensive part. For PVCs and action figures the mold is typically WAY fucking more expensive. It isn't even close. Like I said I don't know about brass I'm going to look into it but your blanket statement is incorrect.

EDIT: Okay I just talked to a production buddy of mine from the toy company I used to work for. He said they may be doing something called an investmest cast with sand if the production run is low. Expensive because it is time consuming. He said they may be able to use a steel tool like I thought but he has no experience with it in mass production so he didn't know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
In any case, considering AOW's recent products and actions, I think it's safe to assume that they're not bleeding themselves to have this produced... They're probably getting a good margin.

just wondering if anyone owns one or has seen pics from someone that did order one. this seems like one of those items that just disappeared. wonder if aow decided not to make any because of a less than anticipated response to the preorder :schierke:

EnderZero said:
just wondering if anyone owns one or has seen pics from someone that did order one.  this seems like one of those items that just disappeared. wonder if aow decided not to make any because of a less than anticipated response to the preorder  :schierke:
Seeing as there was no reply to this, I am assuming nobody here bought this statue. As I am fairly new to the world of Berserk statues I missed out on it, but would love to have bought one as I think its an awesome piece of work. It would be great to see some more pics of one.

Hi Everyone !

I'm new on this Forum, coming from France, and definitely a big berserk fan ^^

I got the opportunity to get the Metallic Zodd for (ouch :SK:) 147 000yen + 23500y S&H !
its a huge price I know but I think that opportunity will not come back so I am wondering if I got to take this opportunity or buy resin instead since I only got the armored berserk exclusive II with green beherit.

Anybody know how much metallic Zodd have been produced?
gettin metallic zodd or get 2 or 3 resin with Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 2 (bloody?) :/

Thank you for your answer and sorry for my english :(

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and welcome, Beherit (well, looks like the automatic correction of the board doesn't like the spelling of your name).

beherit said:
Anybody know how much metallic Zodd have been produced?

We can't know how many were made because AOW only produced enough to meet the orders they had got. They do this sometimes, like for the White Watch (as opposed to the black version which had a fixed number made) or the Beherit ZIPPO. They opened orders, a certain number of people ordered (probably not a lot), and then they manufactured that exact number. So unless the last person to have ordered one can tell us what his order number was we can't know for sure.

I'd personally estimate it as under 50, and I'm pretty sure it's under 100 (but keep in mind I'm not basing myself on anything concrete, this is only an assumption).

beherit said:
gettin metallic zodd or get 2 or 3 resin with Zodd Version II Statue Exclusive 2 (bloody?) :/

It really depends on how much money you have and how you want to spend it. The Brass Zodd is clearly a very rare piece and it'll only become rarer as time goes by. Since it's made of Brass it's also pretty unique, but past that its sculpt is the same as the original Zodd resin statue AOW produced years ago. If money isn't a problem for you and if you're interested in the "collection" aspect of things (i.e. rarity is one of the most important thing to you) then I'd recommend you to buy it and wait to get other statues, otherwise you might consider getting other more varied things instead. In the end it's your choice.

Behelith said:

Welcome to the forum :guts:

Go for the metallic zodd! That's what I would do if I had the money! :zodd:

Aazealh said:
Hi and welcome, Beherit (well, looks like the automatic correction of the board doesn't like the spelling of your name).

in Fact, I have seen a (wrong?)translation for Beherit to Behelith and I have to admit that I prefer the second one ^^

Thank you for your information, I think that I'll buy the brass one because this is a unique opportunity !

Will post pics in 1 or 2weeks ;)

Thanks again !

Behelith said:
Thank you for your information, I think that I'll buy the brass one because this is a unique opportunity !

Will post pics in 1 or 2weeks ;)

Thanks again !

Wow, the brass Zodd. That's one statue I don't think I'll ever have. I would LOVE to see pictures of it when you get it. In fact, I haven't seen any pictures of it at all (except for AOW's). So remember to post! And welcome to the forum =)

ok here is some pics from the seller. I have erase someelements from the pics until the transactions is not 100% completed

DSCF6957.JPG

DSCF6958.JPG

DSCF6959.JPG

DSCF6960.JPG

DSCF6962.JPG

Enjoy !

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Behelith said:
in Fact, I have seen a (wrong?)translation for Beherit to beherit and I have to admit that I prefer the second one ^^

Yeah, must have been a wrong translation, the correct spelling is simply "beherit." :serpico:

Behelith said:

Congratulations then! =)

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
So thats the "Grand Wooden Box" or whatever. What a buzzkill, I was expecting the box to a little more elaborate with maybe a design engraved into or something along those lines. Thanks for the pics, these are the first I've seen since AOW's. Welcome to the forums, I look forward to talking to you in the future. Since we're both statue collectors we should get along just fine.

Top Bottom