AOW Metallic Statue: Zodd

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
I found another interesting addition on the art of war webstie today...

NEW ITEM: Metallic Statue: Zodd (Advance Order)
ART OF WAR will accept advanced order from 26 August to 9 September (Japan time: 18:00 pm)
Please feel free to contact us for queries.
*Details of the item*
Size: 31.5 cm (H) x 32 cm (W) x 35 cm (D)
Weight: 8.6 kg
Grand Wooden Exclusive Box: 8.2 kg
Total Weight: 16.8 kg

Kinda interesting, no pics though, but I really want to see what it will look like.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Pretty cool, it's labelled "version 1" in Japanese though, which means that there will probably be another version that'll come later on. It's the apostle form with wings version, in case some people wonder. It's probably based on the first Zodd statue they released, but interestingly, the dimensions don't match with what Art of War themselves say on their site (the first Zodd with wings statue is said to be H:35cm x W:35cm).

Then there's the weight. A 16.8 kg (37.04 lbs) package delivered by EMS? Ouch, expect around $200 of shipping fee for a delivery to the USA/Europe.

This really intrigues me, but... I FEAR the price tag... if a resin Zoddo of those dimensions retails for almost $400, what could this Metallic one be retailed at???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Stiler said:
it would seem a metallic one would be cheaper to make (not having to specifically paint parts in detail, etc).

Knowing AOW, I don't expect this to play a role in the price tag they'll give the product, unfortunately.

Aazealh said:
Made of metal, hence the weight.

This thing will probably cost a fortune then. See for resin you they can use a plaster mold which won't work for metal. I assume they are going to have to cut a steel mold which is SUPER expensive to make.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
This thing will probably cost a fortune then. See for resin you they can use a plaster mold which won't work for metal. I assume they are going to have to cut a steel mold which is SUPER expensive to make.

Yeah, and from what I got, they'll have the statues made AFTER the pre-orders, meaning they're waiting to see how many people want them before producing...

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Aazealh said:
Yeah, and from what I got, they'll have the statues made AFTER the pre-orders, meaning they're waiting to see how many people want them before producing...

Does that mean that those who order won't see exactly what they're getting before they get it??? I dunno, but I'd kinda want to see what I'm ordering beforehand, just in case I end up not liking it. I wonder how many people are going to order in the first place, and be willing to pay for it.

SMZKAH said:
Does that mean that those who order won't see exactly what they're getting before they get it??? I dunno, but I'd kinda want to see what I'm ordering beforehand, just in case I end up not liking it. I wonder how many people are going to order in the first place, and be willing to pay for it.

We'll get to see pictures and such.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SMZKAH said:
Does that mean that those who order won't see exactly what they're getting before they get it??? I dunno, but I'd kinda want to see what I'm ordering beforehand, just in case I end up not liking it.

Don't worry, they always make a prototype and so like Maiku said, we'll have pictures of it on the 26.

You all know you can't "paint" something to be metallic, it doesn't have to be actual "metal."

This is how many statues do for things that should be metal'ish looking. Using chrome and such sometimes gets the job done.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
EndLeSS8 said:
It's out, and it costs about $1500.

yea, it's so shocking I don't even need to insert a smiley.
Good God! :isidro: That absolutely makes it an item I will not be buying anytime soon (if ever).

Yes, 150,000 yen is a bit too much.

I must admit though, it looks pretty awesome.

PH1125021480.JPG

Not $1,500 yen awesome, but still damn awesome. If it weren't the exact same sculpt as the first Zoddo w/ Wings statue, then a very little part of me just might be tempted... but since it is the same sculpt, and I have the resin version, I'm not gonna pay $1500 for another one!

Though, the bloody version of the resin Winged Zoddo can often sell around 150,000 yen on YJ Auctions, so I'm sure there are some people out there that WILL be buying this.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not surprised, it's what I expected. I wondered if they'd try to beat the watch as far as ridiculously expensive items go, and they did.

Stiler said:
1,500 yen is only like 14 usd...

It's ¥150,000, which makes it $1,363, hence the $1,500 comments... And I already mentioned what it would cost in terms of shipping fee. Anyway they have a special policy for this item:

1. Customers are suggested to confirm the image carefully before placing order.The item is exhibited in our Ginza shop. You are welcome to visit our shop any time.

2. Services of replacment, exchange or return of payment are not applicable due to advance orders.

3. Payment is required to settle on or before 24 October, 2005 (applicable to overseas users).

4. Shipping is not applicable to part of countries & regions (overseas orders).

I'm heading to their Ginza shop to check it out, who's coming with me? :guts: Like I said in a previous post, they're not making them yet, people will have to pay before the items are produced, which makes me believe that it will become very rare very quickly... You guys have 2 weeks to decide. I'm a bit upset at their ways though, they don't precise which metal the statue is made of in the English section, which is actually missing a lot of details, as usual...

So to those interested, it's made of Brass (an alloy of copper and zinc). And it's actually more bothering to order for Japanese people than for us (they have to pay in two times, mail some papers, etc).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
redria said:
Is it just me, or does it look kinda plastic in that picture?

You can see it's made of brass pretty easily I think, if you pay it a closer look. It's true that this single picture isn't much for a statue sold ¥150,000 though.

Aazealh said:
You can see it's made of brass pretty easily I think, if you pay it a closer look. It's true that this single picture isn't much for a statue sold ¥150,000 though.

More pictures would influence my decision of course. Maybe it's better that they don't have them and I save my money.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
It looks great, but it's so expensive.  $1500 is pretty ridiculous.  At The Franklin Mint they didn't charge that much for bronze sculptures of a similar size.  And those were some of the quality items they actually produced.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheSkyTraveller said:
$1500 is pretty ridiculous. At The Franklin Mint they didn't charge that much for bronze sculptures of a similar size. And those were some of the quality items they actually produced.

Yeah, that's AOW for you... These days they seem to be more interested in making money than in producing quality stuff. Even putting aside the price, they just reused that old Zodd model instead of making a new one, that's what's they've been doing for a while now, wooden versions, now metal ones... Where's the originality?

Aazealh said:
Yeah, that's AOW for you... These days they seem to be more interested in making money than in producing quality stuff. Even putting aside the price, they just reused that old Zodd model instead of making a new one, that's what's they've been doing for a while now, wooden versions, now metal ones... Where's the originality?

Yeah I was shocked when I saw the new Femto statue. Even though it was a direct pull from a cover as far as originality, at least it wasnt wood XD

Top Bottom