Imitation of Berserk

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Henry Spencer said:
So who's the culprit? (The artist?)
And i cannot find the manga anywhere on the net, does it go by another name other than "Devil Hunt"?

Someone (you) didn't read the whole thread before posting. :azan:

Aazealh said:
I also noticed that nobody gave the link to the Todono Hunters site yet, which focuses on pointing out what Seiuchiroh Todono, the author of Daemon Hunters (Akuma Kari), ripped off of other works (mostly Berserk).

If you care to know, in Japanese the author's name is 戸土野正内郎 and the original title of the work is 悪魔狩り.

thesyndrome said:
I accept Soul Calibur as more of a homage than a rip off (sigfried even has an outfit resembling Griffith's armour... I can't find a pic, but apparently it was in a soul calibur artbook or something), and the new Zodd-like character just proves it even more.
Here's his armour.Total rip-off, especially the helmet.
eb1d868091a7324d172402b7fcaf5076.jpg

And some Rock artwork with Zodd's head as a helmet.
234b5e51668986c9b0cc1426e16ab7a7.jpg

Daijyashin

Berserk is Divine and Human
From Garnet Chronicles on PSP (Crimson gem saga in US):

crimsongemsaga200906150.jpg

Playing this RPG, my attention was captured by something vaguely familiar... :azan:

Apologies if this was posted before but I see a slight resemblance between Akuma from SF and Zodd's human form. Let's also consider the fact both of them wander the world searching for a worthy adversary (well, Zodd used to, anyway :p).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Doc said:
Apologies if this was posted before but I see a slight resemblance between Akuma from SF and Zodd's human form. Let's also consider the fact both of them wander the world searching for a worthy adversary (well, Zodd used to, anyway :p).

It has been. And before anyone asks, Zodd predates Gouki/Akuma.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2009/10/800x600_RAY_OP01C_BR02.jpg

From a new game for Wii: Arc Rise Fantasia.

Dar_Klink

Last Guardian when? - CyberKlink 20XX before dying
Doc said:
But of course. Quite a few of the SF cast are derived from older manga, notably Hokuto no Ken.
Don't forget JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. :slan:
Guile is the most obvious one , but there's also Rose= Lisa Lisa and Juri= Jolyne
Anyway, not the topic of this thread so... :void:
Walter said:
http://cache-04.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2009/10/800x600_RAY_OP01C_BR02.jpg

From a new game for Wii: Arc Rise Fantasia.
Haha, everyone loves the Dragon Slayer. :guts:

Although it's more of a polearm, Sagara Sanosuke's weapon looks like it was influenced by the DS. I think so because many polearms in fantasy settings have really elaborate designs but this one is plain, straightforward and oversized

sanocard10264388.jpg

samurai40295928.jpg

zanbatou9118351.jpg

X

Xem

Doc said:
Koyu from Suikoden 2 reminds me of Isidro.

hx3vyr.gif

Honestly the funny thing is with the spikey brown hair and one eye closed it reminds me more of Guts. :guts:

Aside from that, it seems pretty generic young punk kid to me.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Extremely likely just a coincidence buuuuuuut:

Classico_berserker.png

Icon of the Berserker in Dragon Age: Origins :beast:

More info: http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Berserker

Oburi

All praise Grail
Hmm, interesting. This is a little curious too, "The first berserkers were dwarves but eventually, dwarves taught these skills to others".

HeavyWeather

Heavy Rainfall Activated
Doc said:
Yeah, I'm not saying they're long lost twins or anything. It was just my first reaction.

How you know you're Berserktarded... :guts:

Though I never really imagined the massive sword thing was really attributed to any one series, and more of a DUDE IT NEEDS TO BE HUGE kind of thing that I imagine would sprout in a lot of creative minds.

Th3Branded0ne

I'll be back.
I was playing some Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection on my PSP, and found I had enough money to customize some characters and I found this. I think the second picture is just a hint towards skully. :badbone:

dscn1249a.jpg

dscn1258.jpg

Top Bottom