Imitation of Berserk

So I found this game in kickstarter and it has a lot of Berserk influence all over it.

Here are some screencaps:

Eclipse faces
5ffrw.png

Guts going berserk
Xqwqr.png

I see some Void love here
aQCF1.png

More Void and faces
0pVLO.png

Fusion between SK and Void
E1MLr.png

I should mention, the creator of the project does mention Berserk as one of the major influences here. Just Ctrl+F "berserk."

Yeah, the influences are very apparent. Maybe we should contact the guy and suggest he contribute some art to Berserk directly. With some of the stuff he's designing I think he would create some killers compositions, models, and what not.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/poots/kingdom-death-monster/posts?page=2

This is also from the same project. (Kingdom Death learn more at Kingdom-Death.com because its cool...no money exchanged hands for this plug :troll: )

Dunno if really imitation, at least inspiration - I ran across this really well made animation, and in my opinion it's definitely Berserk influenced. Also enjoyable on its own.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/616013

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SrCraneo said:
Dunno if really imitation, at least inspiration - I ran across this really well made animation, and in my opinion it's definitely Berserk influenced.

Probably is, yeah. Nicely done too.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
I used to play Nexon's Vindictus game a few years ago. I was curious how it was doing and found this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBJBBSWWHMM

Guts :guts: and Zodd :zodd: confirmed for Vindictus.

Hey Truder, that looks pretty cool, too bad i just can't really enjoy J-MMORPGs, theres always some super cute fluffy races, or ultra fan-service bikini-armor for all the super-hot female chars and what not. It kinda ruins the feeling for me, there i am, the warrior in super heavy armor, slaughtering monsters and... suddenly its fashion week, with some female char showing of the latest collection of miniskirts.

Truder

"I frown at Griffith's nipples" -Aazealh
You are correct! all of that was nonexistent when the game first came out. but it slowly became that and so I left the game. :ganishka:

The combat was solid though!

Not J-Game, but i played WoW for some time when it came out. Ok to be honest, it always had a comical touch and from the beginning there were fluffy gnomes and elves. But i could overlook that, since i looked like that
SetWidth850-Boarguts-The-Impaler-By-Clint-Langley.jpg

but with a ridiculously large sword like the DS. That was before i knew about Berserk, i somehow always had a thing for swords. Anyway, it was nice, they had established a decent fantasy setting in the previous rts games, it had a bit for everyone, comical and serious stuff.
That changed drastically with the addons, when they tried to conquer the asian market. Armor Sets in the addons started to look like SciFi Space-Suits, sparkling and shiny, ridiculous races got added (Furry-Wervolves, uergh!), and the story felt like they were trying to smash everything they had done in their RTS games with a sledge hammer. I remember how the lead designer had to officially apologize to the fans for forgetting part of his own story for warcraft, when designing the first addon, creating multiple plot holes. And today, it's Kung Fu Panda.

Can only explain it with one word: commercialization

But then again, evey MMORPG has the goal of appealing to the broad masses. I don't think there is any online game that would fit to my taste. Well, maybe there will be on in the future. I do have some hopes for Elderscrolls Online.

XX.jpg

Well The Hero from Dra+Koi is similar looking to Guts when he has the armor on and in the ending when one of his eyes is closed it looks way similar to Guts

The_dragon_slayer_drakoi_2803.png

Also here is the armor that will show up as Animated Armor before becoming The Hero's Armor

In Soul Sacrifice Delta, Red Riding Hood is an armored monster with a gigantic sword. For the rest, the inspiration is pretty obvious.

safe_image.php

Deci

Not sure if it's been mentioned already but the mobile game Brave Frontier's character Vargas has a Dragonslayer lookalike. We could probably make a whole thread just for Dragonslayers in games. :serpico:

Unit_ills_full_10011.png

This past Friday I was in Baltimore for Maryland Death Fest, was there just for a day to support a friend whose band was playing. I saw a guy wear what I thought was a Berserk tee from a distance and when I got closer I saw that it was actually for a record label ...

ragnarok_logo.gif

Kompozinaut

Sylph Sword
IncantatioN said:
This past Friday I was in Baltimore for Maryland Death Fest, was there just for a day to support a friend whose band was playing. I saw a guy wear what I thought was a Berserk tee from a distance and when I got closer I saw that it was actually for a record label ...

The color scheme doesn't help the mental association either. All things considered, I wonder if they actually took it from Berserk or not...

I'm also reminded of the Bluetooth symbol, which every time I see it on my phone I immediately think of the brand, though I find it doubtful that Berserk influenced the design.

bluetooth_icon.png

The logo Incantation posted and Walter mentioning runes reminded me that I once saw a pendant that reminded me of the brand when I was at some shop:

http://icelandicjewelry.com/brands/alrun-nordic-jewelry/silver-rune-pendant-heart

The design is quite similar to the logo but, when I read about it in the link above, I found out that the design was based on the runes used to spell the word heart, and I thought it was a bit funny that a design reminiscent of the brand was inspired by the word heart.

Top Bottom