"Japan" released in the USA

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
While stumbling through cyberspace yesterday I came across this little tid-bit.

Link to amazon.com

Not sure if anybody here had mentioned that it was coming out yet. Although I could have sworn I heard about this almost a year ago. At any rate more Kentaro Miura goodness for me!!! ;D

scroto

Mmm....You don't say?
Ah-ha!  ::)

I knew I had seen it here first. (now I sound like a news caster)

Cool Beans. Lets hope it actually makes it's release date then.

August should be a good month

While the topic is brought up does anyone know if the King of wolves is any good or not? From a brief synopsis I read it sounded like a concept that could go either way in my mind.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
While the topic is brought up does anyone know if the King of wolves is any good or not?

Aazealh said:
About Oh-roh and Oh-roh den, they're honestly not that good, you can read them to see how Miura's art and characters compare to Berserk, but the story itself isn't really interesting.

If anything, I would recommend Oh-roh over Oh-roh den. Puella made a thread before about this, you can look for it if you want more infos.

Here's an older thread about it.

Kentaro Miura's "Japan"

Walter,Aazealh i remember seeing something about this manga a while back i just couldn't find the topic (sorry guys)  :void:. its more of Kentaro Miura's work except now its in English. it was just released in English from DarkHorse on 8/24/05 its called "Japan"

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=10-701

so I'm about to pick it up today. ill let you guys know how it is. (probably not even close to Berserk, but hey Miura had a hand in it. so i have to give it a try) i have never heard of the other persons name who is on the cover "Buronson" if anyone has heard of any of his other work let me know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I merged this thread with an older one on the same topic.

About Japan in itself, Buronson did the scenario, Miura the art (like on Oh-Roh and Oh-Roh Den). It's not exceptional, but it's not too bad either (post-apocalyptic world, Buronson's speciality). It can be interesting to compare the art to Berserk art (I like the part where they're sent to the future, some of the fights, the costumes, and the scenery in some panels). The character design will appear familiar to any Berserk fan of course.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Re: Kentaro Miura's "Japan"

DarthVenom said:
i have never heard of the other persons name who is on the cover "Buronson" if anyone has heard of any of his other work let me know.

:isidro:
Never heard of Buronson?
Ken (not kentaro,because of Aazealh I have to be specific) would be uber pissed!
He is THE MAN behind fist of the north star!

Tell me how Japan is Darth Venom! I can't pick it up until later this week.

jackson_hurley

even the horses are cut in half!
at first when i bought king of wolves, i thought berserk was about to be finished soon because i thought miura was starting a new serie with buronson. thx god i was wrong.

sorry about not replying sooner

Aazealh said:
I merged this thread with an older one on the same topic.

About Japan in itself, Buronson did the scenario, Miura the art (like on Oh-Roh and Oh-Roh Den). It's not exceptional, but it's not too bad either (post-apocalyptic world, Buronson's speciality). It can be interesting to compare the art to Berserk art (I like the part where they're sent to the future, some of the fights, the costumes, and the scenery in some panels). The character design will appear familiar to any Berserk fan of course.
i see exactly what you mean. i have read that a lot of people compare Guts to Yashima eventhough i do see the similarities i really think he looks like a perfect mixture of Zodd and guts.
handsome rakshas said:
:isidro:
Never heard of Buronson?
Ken (not kentaro,because of Aazealh I have to be specific) would be uber pissed!
He is THE MAN behind fist of the north star!

Tell me how Japan is Darth Venom! I can't pick it up until later this week.
i cant believe i didn't pick up on that. i love fist of the north star. this story is sort of like Fist of the North Star (post apocalyptic settings) and the art of course is great because of Miura. i don't know about the Japanese version but in the DarkHorse version (English) on the last page )like all of the other DarkHorse Berserk books) they give you a list of all of the Berserk books that they have published. i have to say its a pretty damn cool manga.  :guts:

Top Bottom