Episode 262

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Good stuff Aaz! the 14th huh? 2 days before my B-day... im getting old... 24 this year..   :judo:
It's not the number d00d, it's the milage that counts :void:
I smell a Miura-Break approaching.

This Cover is very alike Volume 7's one! No?

4592135806.gif

Vol29.jpg

But it's a nice Cover! :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Nomad said:
I smell a Miura-Break approaching.

October 14, like I said. So yeah, a break (combined with a 3 weeks delay for YA's publication).

asmer said:
This Cover is very alike Volume 7's one! No?

Yes, the pose is similar.

xechnao said:
And most importantly, the port in flames ;-)

Yup, I thought it was mist at first, but looking again it's the port burning (it says so anyway). Preemptive attack from the Kushans. :troll:

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Thanks a ton for the episode!

Yeah... that's the important thing about the ship at the end... it's on fire! ^_^;

Also, Guts makes one big misunderstanding here, he thinks Ganishka is one of Griffith's flunkies. Oops! Ah well, an apostle is an apostle, right Guts?

Aazealh said:
Yup, I thought it was mist at first, but looking again it's the port burning (it says so anyway). Preemptive attack from the Kushans. :troll:

Damn! I didn't notice that at first, too! So if the port is burning, so are the boats!!! :isidro:

Looks like the trip to Elfhelm is gonna be delayed, once again... And Guts may have to deal with the Kushans finally, that's not a good news!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Graywords said:
Also, Guts makes one big misunderstanding here, he thinks Ganishka is one of Griffith's flunkies.

Yeah, he just wonders about it though, he's got no certainty. He also seems pretty annoyed at the fact that an apostle could be a king/emperor.

asmer said:
Looks like the trip to Elfhelm is gonna be delayed, once again... And Guts may have to deal with the Kushans finally, that's not a good news!

Well, it wasn't hard to guess he would fight some Kushans, and like I told xbigvmanx earlier in the thread, he's actually dealt with some of them already (tiger familiars). But now that he learned Griffith might be involved his perspective will be different, that's for sure. As for the trip to Elfhelm... I wonder. I've speculated once that Miura could do something crazy like have them unable to take the sea and forced to flee to another place, but it's not something I'd like to see. A fight during the night and escaping at dawn with the Neo Hawks arriving still sounds good to me ("to challege or to protect..."). Wait and see. :SK:

Graywords said:
Also, Guts makes one big misunderstanding here, he thinks Ganishka is one of Griffith's flunkies.  Oops!  Ah well, an apostle is an apostle, right Guts?

If Ganishka let Guts know that he was in war with Griffith, what would be Guts' stance then?
He could even come together with the emperor of terror.
I think it's better for Guts that he misunderstands, at least for now, regarding his place in the story.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
xechnao said:
He could even come together with the emperor of terror.

Nah, look at his face when he thinks "shito" (apostle) on page 15... I don't think he would ally himself to any of them, even to thwart Griffith.

Anyway, to come back on the oncoming conflict in Vritannis, let's not forget that Guts' condition won't necessarily allow him to do as he pleases. Be it the Beast or his wounds or both.

Aazealh said:
Nah, look at his face when he thinks "shito" (apostle) on page 15... I don't think he would ally himself to any of them, even to thwart Griffith.

Well, he didn't want to fight Zodd for one when he saw Griffith at the hill of swords (he was kinda disturbed he interfered), so you never know what sort of reactions Ganishka and Guts could combine amongst them.
Allies perhaps not, but not enemies either.

xechnao said:
Ganishka and Guts could combine amongst them.
Allies perhaps not, but not enemies either.

Well, considering the high self-esteem Ganishka seems to have, why would he seek the help of a mere Human?!... He pretends to defy "Fate", to fight "God", do you really think he needs Guts' help? I don't... For what I understand, Ganishka sees himself as unbeatable.

As for Guts, he hates the Apostles, it seems really unrealistic to me to think he could join forces with one of them!?...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
HOLY SHIT COCK I just had a revelation! its probably been obvious to some of you but when the other witch (The name escapes me right now) said that the city would be destroyed, she never specified on WHO would do it.. well if Ganishka and crew are here... what better place to show Griffith is on the "Good" guys team by driving him out... hell he may even give Gut's and the rest a boat to get to their destination to look the part as chivilerous... just my thought.

asmer said:
Well, considering the high self-esteem Ganishka seems to have, why would he seek the help of a mere Human?!... He pretends to defy "Fate", to fight "God", do you really think he needs Guts' help? I don't... For what I understand, Ganishka sees himself as unbeatable.

As for Guts, he hates the Apostles, it seems really unrealistic to me to think he could join forces with one of them!?...

Guts hates the Godhand, takes revenge on the apostles that ate his friends and dispatches those that stand or come against his path, at least this is what has happened in the story so far.
But, as I said, I didn't necessarily imply they would join forces.
I am just saying that the pieces on the storyboard hold a bit firmer this way (ie Guts not knowing).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
the other witch (The name escapes me right now)

Her name is Sonja (or Sonya/Sonia) and she's not a witch. :chomp:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
she never specified on WHO would do it.. well if Ganishka and crew are here... what better place to show Griffith is on the "Good" guys team by driving him out...

So, who do you think would do it? The Hawks? The Kushans? In any case, it has already been speculated on. :badbone: And as far as things are going, I think it's clear that the Kushan army will destroy Vritannis. It's on fire already. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Her name is Sonja (or Sonya/Sonia) and she's not a witch. :chomp:

So, who do you think would do it? The Hawks? The Kushans? In any case, it has already been speculated on. :badbone: And as far as things are going, I think it's clear that the Kushan army will destroy Vritannis. It's on fire already. :carcus:
Thank you for the reminder kind sir! Although my ultimate point is that this event would be good publicity for Griffith on why everyone should be under his flag... he can keep them "safe" from such attacks

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Although my ultimate point is that this event would be good publicity for Griffith on why everyone should be under his flag... he can keep them "safe" from such attacks

Yeah, that's what Ganishka's existence is all about IMHO. Anyway, the nobles seem to still be wondering about Guts, one says he looks like a mercenary.

CnC

Ad Oculos
thanks aaz,
That cover looks friggin' awesome.
'
*now to read the episode!

that spread of ganishka's face is friggin' sweet! I didn't think fog could have so much detail.

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Thanks for the episode Aazealh.

Hmm.. Is Vandimion blaming the Guts party for the appearance of the tigers ?

xbigvmanx said:
Kind of funny that you mentioned it. Especially how from the first book how Guts has changed over the years. I kind of like it how characters actually develop not like American comicbooks where it's just rehashed or recycled. Superman still has the same costume or Archie is still in high school.

Yeah absolutely. The Guts we see now is different from the arrogant, rash egoist he once was ... not by that much, but he has grown in his social abilities and strategies, that's for sure.

O___________O
Already out?? I wasn't expecting it until midnight (on my country) at least.
Either way, thanks for the scans ^_^

Nice episode, I wanted to see Owen stepping forward and recognizing Guts :( , I guess I will have to wait. And well, never crossed my mind that they would burn the ships!!! I want to see Caska cured!, once again I will have to wait............

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Leeuwer said:
Hmm.. Is Vandimion blaming the Guts party for the appearance of the tigers ?

No, like I said, he thanked them for handling the tigers.

Nox said:
And well, never crossed my mind that they would burn the ships!!

Well, that's a logical course of action for them, but there are so many ships in Vritannis, not even counting Eath's float and all, that I think Guts & co should be able to get one regardless (although nothing is sure at this point).

S

Some Guy

Thanks for the episode

Does anyone think that Ganishka might join the battle if the need were to arise?

Top Bottom