Character theme songs?

Bill

Daydreaming....
For your favorite Berserk characters, what do you think their theme song would be?

Skull Knight - Born to be Wild [Steppenwolf]
Griffith - Hero of the Day [Metallica]
Band of the Hawks - Fade to Black [Metallica]
Guts - One [Metallica]

What are your choices? :)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Can't think of anything really creative for anyone but Slann. Hers would have to be some of the more sketchier songs done by Lords of Acid, like Voodoo U or I sit on Acid. ;)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
How can you list that many Metallica songs in relation to Berserk and not list Unforgiven (Guts & Griffith, Sad But True (Griffith, or Wherever I May Roam (Guts)? ;)

As a matter of fact, as I think I’ve said before, the whole Black Album is like a Berserk soundtrack. And there are numerous songs off their other albums that fit Berserk too (Bleeding Me is perfect for the Black Swordsman).

-Griffith

M

medievald00d

I'd say one last breath from Creed would be a good song for Griffith's ritual. It doesnt really give a horror feeling, but it does have the lyrics to go along with the deaths of the band of the hawk...it gives a bit of a sorrowful feeling...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
THE BEAST said:
yaknow i used to be a huge Metallica fan but in all honesty Lars is just the shitiest drummer

Hey, as long as the drums sound good on the albums...

larsdrums.jpg

Whoops!​

-Griffith

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I think you can match some character with Iced Earth song. Not including My Own Saviour!

Zodd: Iced Earth ~ Violate
Guts: Iced Earth ~ Dracula
Griffith: Iced Earth ~ The coming Curse
Guts and the BEAST: Iced Earth ~ Jeckyl & Hyde

The only other song I can think of is...

Caska: Anal Cunt ~ You're Kid is deformed ;)

Makkuro

El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
THE BEAST said:
yaknow i used to be a huge Metallica fan but in all honesty Lars is just the shitiest drummer

He also looks like a fucking moron, but then, all drummers do. Anyway, while we're on the subject of Metallica, I'd say st. Anger would fit the early Gatsu. You know, in the first story arc, before his character grows its second and third dimensions.

lyrker

What fools these mortals be!
I always thought that VNV Nation's album 'Praise the Fallen' really went well with Berserk. 'Procession' kinda puts me in mind of Griffith particularly and the first part of 'Joy' really says 'Gutts' to me:

Have I no control, is my soul not mine?
Am I not just man, destiny defined?
Never to be ruled nor held to heel
Not heaven or hell just the land between
Am I not man, does my heart not bleed?
No lord, no God, no hate, no pity, no pain, just me
Comprehend and countermand
Synchronous guidance. I choose my way
Never to be ruled nor held to heel
No heaven or hell, just the land between

But I have to say that the song 'Berserker' (a snippet of which can be heard in 'Clerks') is stuck in my mind forever since seeing the outtake where Gutts is singing a line of it to Caska at the river. Hee.

Makkuro said:
I'd say st. Anger would fit the early Gatsu. You know, in the first story arc, before his character grows its second and third dimensions.
yeah i guess he was madley in anger with every one

Bloody Needle

I'm a llama!
Berserk is just all about the Rammstein, particularly "Du Hast" or "Hierate Mich." I mean, really, what could go better with the Black Swordsman arc than howling, throbbing, incomprehensible German heavy metal? [the answer is howling, throbbing, incomprehensible Russian heavy metal.]

Aphex Twin's "Come to Daddy" needs to be featured somewhere. It's so aptly Apostle-ish: visceral, hungry, basically intellect-less. For that matter, it's the perfect song for Wyld.

Pretty much all of "Antichrist Superstar" would fit: the title track is disturbingly fitting for Femto-Griffith, and "Man that you Fear" would be an excellent track to sample for underscoring, or as a leitmotif, of some of the more painful Gatts-as-outcast moments. "Fight Song" has been used as a Gatts theme as in several AMV (meh), as has "Chop Suey"...but somehow I think they're a little too tidy a fit.

And there are some things that just require classical. "Dance of the Knights" from Prokoviev's Romeo and Juliet is perfect for Skully, and Modest Mussoursky's Night on Bald Mountain has a combination of horror and dark whimsy that would make a great theme for the Beherit stones. Stravinsky's Rite of Spring has obvious interties with the pagan orgy in the Mozgus arc, but would also cross into the Eclipse and some of the other wild, violent group scenes. Boito's Mephistofele and Gounod's Faust are both operas about soul-selling and other things infernal, as is the Witches' Chorus in Verdi's Macbeth. There are also some more screechy, eery modernist compositions, like Crumb's Night of the Electric Insects (sooo perfect for the Lost Children Arc) and the Waits/Burroughs collaboration musical The Black Rider (which can be throw in just about anywhere).

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Griffith has a theme song. I mean, a REAL theme song. It fits so well, you'd almost think it was written for Berserk.

Download "Behind Blue Eyes", by The Who. You will understand.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....
hehe check my website link their orchestra bits between songs give out a scary atmosfere perfect for the apostles such as (damned in any language, the mordant liquor of tears) especially this last one try downloading it and read the eclipse chapters will listening to it

Bill

Daydreaming....
Graywords said:
Griffith has a theme song. I mean, a REAL theme song. It fits so well, you'd almost think it was written for Berserk.

Download "Behind Blue Eyes", by The Who. You will understand.

Brilliant..... 8)

thedarkhawk

grrrrrrrrrrr
I dunnno why but whenever i see the first eclispe i think of toxicity by system of a down i dunnno it just goes with it! :-\

LauraOrganaSolo

<Charlotte-Hime>

The trashcan-Lars pic that followed almost had me in tears. Everything I've heard off of Saint Anger so far makes me want to kick my radio. *chuckles*

Bits and pieces of Sitches by Orgy remind me of Griffith, especially the chorus. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with more when I'm more coherant tomorrow.

I think that the best group is Rhapsody to find theme songs for berserk :
When Guts is in one of his killing rage.. i think of those songs
Rain of a thousand flames
or maybe
Queen of the dark horizon
This is a Symphonic Metal group.. when i need some violent music to prime up my mind.. i'm listening some Rhapsody's music, there's also "Trolls in the dark" (instrumental) that is good to prime up.

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert
Certainly have a lot of time on your hands, don't you night wolf? Your avatar is the best I have ever seen, by the way. 8)

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Bill said:
For your favorite Berserk characters, what do you think their theme song would be?

Skull Knight - Born to be Wild [Steppenwolf]
Griffith - Hero of the Day [Metallica]
Band of the Hawks - Fade to Black [Metallica]
Guts - One [Metallica]

What are your choices? :)

But why Berserk has that to be related with musics of heavy metal? For me, the style of Enya and composers as Basil Poledius (Conan), would define the universe of berserk better! :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Nadiaska said:
But why Berserk has that to be related with musics of heavy metal? For me, the style of Enya and composers as Basil Poledius (Conan), would define the universe of berserk better! :)
Three words, 100-man-slayer. Three more: Hill of Swords. Go ahead, play Enya to those. Metallica is underrated for their composition. Just because it's loud doesn't mean it's shit.

Nadiaska

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Walter said:
Three words, 100-man-slayer. Three more: Hill of Swords. Go ahead, play Enya to those. Metallica is underrated for their composition. Just because it's loud doesn't mean it's shit.

I like of the Enya and for that I noticed you is much fan of metalica! Each one likes the one that to want and metallica already was a great band of rock! If you like, all good ! But it would be good if you respected the opinion of the others! :(

incognitoX

you fail me
Skullknight - the rebel alliance theme from star wars (for some reason with the scene when he bursts into the eclipse I can imagine the beginning of it playing in the background)

Young Guts - "st. anger" Metallica
Guts (presently) - "Bitter and then some" by Converge
Griffith: "Fault and Fracture" By Converge

the lyrics to "Fault and Fracture" specifically hold a Griffith esque sense to them..like it were a song he wrote about Guts:

"You were the most beautiful as the damage and the trauma
Pounding hard with battered wings of destiny
You were my last great war
You were my heaven ablaze
Riddled with faults and fractures
And I spent the last of days burning my oldest of bridges
And I spent my last of nights killing the best of friends
In the company of thieves, liars, beggars and whores
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come. "

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Walter said:
2 words. Guts theme. Just focus on Guts monologue during the 100 man fight. ;D

Top Bottom