What would happen if Miura was no more?

OK, I hope no one threatens my life for posing this question...but it occured to me the other day....What if something BAD happens to Miura?....I.E. death, illness, i dont kno something terrible.....i mean the story has bein goin on for WELL over a decade...how old is Miura? Yes we'd all be fuckin threw in upheavel...but ser would someone else take over...and waht if it got lame...Yes i kno its a BIG WHAT IF!    YOUR THOUGHTS....and no I'd go insane replies.....LIKE SER, WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MIURA CROACKED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERIES!?!?!?! :isidro:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Moved your thread to Berserk Miscellaneous since it doesn't directly concern the story.

Proj2501 said:
how old is Miura?

He's 39, there's a thread about it in this section.

Proj2501 said:
but ser would someone else take over...

I don't think that would happen.

Proj2501 said:
WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IF MIURA CROACKED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SERIES!?!?!?! :isidro:

Show some more respect to the man, punk! :miura:

Woland said:
Well, I thought I had heard something about Miura being sick recently :isidro:

Yeah, overworking. He's getting better these days apparently. Anyway, I can't say I like that topic. Call it superstition or anything, but I don't like to speculate about something bad happening to him.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Heh, I vaguely remember an incident a long time ago where someone named Kentarou Miura was killed. Needless to say people were kind of freaked out until it was confirmed to just be someone else with the same name.

If anyone remembers the finer details, feel free to chime in, it was a while back and my memory is not so good. :judo:

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Well, some one, I believe it was Olivier, pointed out that the date was from like 6 months beforehand. So if it was the Berserk author, he would have brought a new meaning to the term ghostwriter.

Muira might have prepared for something like that and perhap ask his most trusted assistant to continue his story or something... I believe he does have some backup plan...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
I believe he does have some backup plan...

And that's based on? As far as his most trusted assistant goes, he just changed his assistants, and none of them could do half of what he does, even just as far as drawing goes.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
kimchan said:
Heh, I vaguely remember an incident a long time ago where someone named Kentarou Miura was killed.  Needless to say people were kind of freaked out until it was confirmed to just be someone else with the same name.

If anyone remembers the finer details, feel free to chime in, it was a while back and my memory is not so good.   :judo:

I remember that, too.  I think it was a story in a Japanese newspaper.  The guy was killed in a car accident.  That was weird, though.

And yeah, what a morbid thread!  :miura:

If Miura is somehow unable to finish (Godhand forbid), what if other talented mangaka contributed? Like, say, CLAMP?

11216712848130oz.jpg

Hmm, maybe not...

S

Sanguinius

Clearly a ferocious Guts but who is that other harbinger of terror? clearly Miura has to be on guard for his position.

GoHF

I'm a llama!
If Miura "died", the japanese fandom alone would summon enough money to freeze him, we'd all go take genetic-engineering courses, the japanese government would invest billions of yens on genetic and neural research and we'd bring him back to life. Over and over and over again, for as long as it took to reach volume #300 ;) Although I think the remaining story might be a little affected by that... just a little :p Anyone wanna lobby to get neural research going faster so we can download his brain somewhere, "just in case"?

Anyway, the previous paragraph just goes to show why Miura doesn't hang out with fans much... we're freaky.

Sparnage said:
If he dies then I suppose we all better part and find a new favourite story to be obsessed geeks for.

Do you really think it would be THAT easy to find a replacement to BERSERK???... :miura:

I don't think so! What makes this manga's success is the story, which means its author! For me... no Miura, no more manga! :judo: (It may be easier for me, since I almost don't read other mangas...)

But I guess instead of speculating what would happen if he died, we had better pray that we never have THIS answer!!!... :guts:

If he can't finish his story, there will be a lot of passionate threads on SK.net on Speculation Nation. :guts:
Hope he is going to be alright.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
If he dies without finishing it, then he dies without finishing it. It would be disappointing, yes, but a great number of artists, composers, and writers left unfinished works behind when they passed. Part of growing up is coming to terms with the idea that we all die eventually, and that we may not get to fulfill all of our dreams and aspirations. That being said, if Miura-sensei paces himself so as to avoid exhaustion and finish the story by the time he's, say, 60, he'll still have a good twenty years to wrap up the story. Since I've forgotten altogether, how long did it take Stephen King to finsh up the Dark Tower Saga?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
Part of growing up is coming to terms with the idea that we all die eventually, and that we may not get to fulfill all of our dreams and aspirations.

Hmm, I'm not sure that lecturing people about death is needed here to be honest. If this thread goes on I think I'll end up threatening Proj2501's life. :void:

Trashcan said:
Since I've forgotten altogether, how long did it take Stephen King to finsh up the Dark Tower Saga?

Around 30 years, since he started working on "The Gunslinger" very early, and long before it was published. King worked on the Dark Tower series very inconsistently though, taking breaks for whole decades and all.

Top Bottom