MODIFIED Berserk Armor PVC statue...

conan

Until next time...
Ok, I finished it up last nigth against the will of my wife, who went to bed alone...again...

Anyhow...here he is in all his glory - had to modify quite a bit as you can tell and, as previously stated, the knees didn't quite turn out as good as I had hoped...(I'd do it a bit different if I did it again)...

I'll let the pics speak for me...

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3B%3A93%3C239ot1lsi

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3254%3E4%3B7%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3B%3A%3B84%3B%3C23nu0mrj

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3B%3A93%3C244ot1lsi

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3B%3A93%3C%3B3%3Bot1lsi

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3254%3E4%3B7%3E4%3A%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3232%3B%3A%3B84%3B339nu0mrj

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp46%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3B%3A93%3C%3B54ot1lsi

344%3A37%3B523232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2345%3D5%3A8%3D59%3B%3DXROQDF%3E2323%3A%3B%3A93%3C249ot1lsi

So...what do you think?

JCH

*********PREVIOUS POST***************

Ok...I received my statue today and I'm extremely disappointed in this statue.  I won't be reviewing it for Figures.com as previously expected unless I receive another from Yamato USA.  The figure needs some serious work...

So I've decided to take it upon myself to change the way everyone sees this guy. 
I've systematically disassembled the statue and will begin the great "remodeling" tomorrow when I cut his legs up and reglue and repose him to reflect the resin statue.

I figure...hell...it really doesn't look that great hunched over like that...so I might as well f'ck up a $70.oo statue... :D

I'll try to post pics of my reassembly "in progress" as well as a few when I'm finished...

For those who spent over $70.oo on this piece, I'm sorry.  AOW, IMO, has gone from making some great pieces to charging WAY TOO MUCH for something that shouldn't cost more than $35.oo...like the Black Swordsman Battle Damaged PVC, which is available on Ebay right now for less than $30.oo shipped...

That is still one of my favorite figures/ statues...

ORIGINAL MESSAGE

found out that the Art of War Berserker Armor PVC Statue that was supposed to come stateside via Yamato USA in November and December is coming this month...

I just received my shipping notice from WWW.TISINC99.COM, which is where I ordered mine from and, though I have no idea how they got theres so early, I know, for those that want this for a much more reasonable price, this is the best I've found online...

I pre-ordered this two months ago for only $74.oo shipped, which is almost $50.oo less than some people are spending on this same statue shipped from Japan or China!!

Direct link to statue:
http://store.yahoo.com/tisinc99/ber489550.html

Though it still says pre-order (ETA: 11-30-05), like I said above - I just got my shipping notice today - so I'm not sure if they got a few super early or what...

Just thought I'd let folks know...

Full review on Figures.com as soon as I get it... :D :D

R

-rob-

Re: Why spend $100 on BERSERKER PVC STATUE when you can get it HERE for less!

Yeah I showed this place to Aazealh a few days ago... They don't rip you off for shipping either. I ordered Wyald Silat and Ishidro, shipping only came out to 19$ :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

At last, I might finally be able to afford another statue :serpico:

conan

Until next time...

I've ordered from them before too, and they pack well, ship well (USPS or UPS) and they have great service. I actually called and spoke w/ the guy when the price of the PVC went down (yeah...DOWN! Went from $67.oo to $62.oo...wow...)

Anyhow...great place to get Berserk stuff IMO...

I've bought from them before.

Man they did a good job on those Wyald pics. What do you think Derek?

R

-rob-

Maiku said:
Man they did a good job on those Wyald pics.  What do you think Derek?

Haha!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

I'm at work and wasn't able to look at the site (and I took your word for the prices). I think I'm gonna be ordering the Isidro resin statue within the next few days. From the looks of things the statues are quite a bit cheaper than ordering from AOW (mainly because of AOW's gargantuan shipping prices. Who can blame 'em though? If I could get more money outta people by charging ridiculous prices I know many would pay, I'd do it...but then again I'm kind of an asshole :troll:)

Maiku said:
Man they did a good job on those Wyald pics. What do you think Derek?

LOL, those scoundrels! I like how they cut out my logo from the pictures too. I've always thought about putting the logos smack in the middle of the picture but I didn't want the logo to cover up the actual figures. Ah well, that's pretty cool that the guys over at the store found my site somehow =P... I guess.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
LOL, those scoundrels! I like how they cut out my logo from the pictures too.

You mailed them about it?

Aazealh said:
You mailed them about it?

Nope, didn't mail them about it yet. I guess I should, but really I don't mind TOO much. If it helps Berserk collectors see what the statue before buying, eh, whatever. Although it would have been nice of them to ask first. Hell maybe I should email them...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
Nope, didn't mail them about it yet. I guess I should, but really I don't mind TOO much. If it helps Berserk collectors see what the statue before buying, eh, whatever. Although it would have been nice of them to ask first. Hell maybe I should email them...

Yeah, seriously. AOW's site has pictures too, why taking them from you? And why removing the logo? They could at least ask you, and that deserves a mail pointing it out IMHO. At least they're not hotlinking to your own files though. :beast:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

indeed, that place is awesome. I just got my wyald statue from them and the shipping was fast. The price is awesome too! I love those guys!

conan

Until next time...

DirectDK -

I would definetly email them about using your pics. I realize it's cool to know YOU took them, but they would have had to pay a pro to take pics like that, which would have cost them big dollars...

I once had an online retailer use some of the pics I took for a review, and I emailed them about it and the knew what they had done. It's ILLEGAL to use any photos w/o permission of the artist - even if it is of something made by someone else (like an AOW statue).

Anyhow...the company I emailed that used my pics wanted so badly to use them, instead of taking them down and using others that were "press pics," they just sent me a free $200.oo figure instead and I called it even...

Might want to try that...maybe you could get a free statue or figure or something out of it...

It IS illegal after all...

JCH

One thing to consider is the fact that the pics they are showing are of the regular version. Not the bloody version they are selling.

conan

Until next time...

Here is a link to TISINC99.com's ebay auctions of the Berserker Armor PVC -
BIN for $79.oo, which is $5.oo more than ordering from their site, but this is FOR SURE IN HAND and ready to ship...which means mine IS on it's way to me...YAY!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5999562408

R

-rob-

conan said:
Here is a link to TISINC99.com's ebay auctions of the Berserker Armor PVC -
BIN for $79.oo, which is $5.oo more than ordering from their site, but this is FOR SURE IN HAND and ready to ship...which means mine IS on it's way to me...YAY!! :D

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5999562408

Damn I had to pay 89$ for mine. =\

Whatever though it's a beautiful statue bro mine came today.

conan

Until next time...

didn't you pay $89.oo plus $20.oo S&H for a total of $109.oo?

Sorry..didn't mean to remind you...just wanted to emphasize how great a deal this is compared to overseas internet sellers...

The guy selling the PVC for $89.oo still has his on Ebay too...and you'd have to be a dumb ass to buy it from him now that TISINC has theirs up for less shipped than he has JUST the statue...

Rob - I hope it's as good as you say cuz I don't like spending this much on a figure/ statue UNLESS it's good...

R

-rob-

Yeah shipping was 20$ you're right.

Tisinc is without a doubt the best deal going right now, I just got my Wyald statue and Ishidro action figure today. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler

Just placed the order for my Berserker PVC statue...I'll probably be getting the Isidro resin statue next, followed by the Winged-Zodd Flying PVC statue...but these will be purchased at a later date. I probably shouldn't have spent the money anyway, but oh well. :beast:

conan

Until next time...

glad I could help you all find this place...great deals....

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

conan said:
glad I could help you all find this place...great deals....

You know, most people knew about it already, like -rob- or Maiku who explicitely stated it in their replies...

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー

I ordered an Isidro statue from here a while back as well as the MaKen Guts and I was thinking of getting the Wyald sometime later if they still have it. Funds are kind of tight after pre-ordering Guts/Slan. :judo: Maybe even a Silat to add to the collection. These guys are also on Ebay as well if anyone works that way.

Conan, Aaz, and Maiku,

Well you convinced me, haha, I emailed them. Some sort of compensation would be nice. They have a lot of non-Berserk stuff I want. :serpico: But I doubt they will offer anything :puck:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

DirectDK said:
I doubt they will offer anything :puck:

Yeah, don't expect too much... Apologies would already be nice, for a start.

conan

Until next time...

If they don't give you anything for compensation, you are entitled to email them and inform them that using your photos is infrindgement of copywrite laws and subject to legal action...

That'll get 'em listening...

Good luck-

Top Bottom