Casca modelkit finished - IMAGE HEAVY

Hello ya'all!

My latest project, Atelier Sai's 1/6 scale Casca.
Many thanks to Derek (DirectDK) here at the forum who's been a great inspiration through out the build.

Here's what she looks like after 2½ months of work *<-click for WIP thread*.

gallery_1921_101_32482.jpg

gallery_1921_101_224155.jpg

gallery_1921_101_293446.jpg

gallery_1921_101_625485.jpg

gallery_1921_101_67776.jpg

gallery_1921_101_550703.jpg

gallery_1921_101_76468.jpg

gallery_1921_101_571519.jpg

gallery_1921_101_423427.jpg

gallery_1921_101_515089.jpg

gallery_1921_101_277159.jpg

gallery_1921_101_546472.jpg

gallery_1921_101_231438.jpg

gallery_1921_101_110187.jpg

WOW! Wonderful! I really like it! :guts:

EDIT: and now that I've been to the WIP thread link you posted, and seen the original "statue", I'm even more impressed!!!... Congratulations!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hello there Joa, welcome. :serpico:

DirectDK had made a thread about your work in progress actually, it's located here.

Anyway, seeing the completed work, I'm at a loss of words. It's just magnificent, and it has certainly nothing to do with the original mediocre kit. The global refinement as well as the carefully added details (Puck, helmet) are just too much goodness. Even the plate with her name and the Hawks' blazon looks better than anything Art of War has ever made.

Simply awesome, congratulations. :SK:

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Hi Joa,

I've been admiring your WIP over on HobbyFanatics. (I lurk) It turned out awesome! The helmet is particularly amazing, especially at the tiny scale you sculpted it.

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow, great work. I'm glad this is shot on a lighter background. Now we can see all the detail that was put into this.

So far the best casca representation out there, IMO.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Hi Joa, welcome to the boards :serpico:. I, too, like many others here, have been following not only your work-in-progress of Casca but also of Victoria from Hellsing. I must say I think the Casca is incredible, especially after looking at what it originally was supposed to look like. You truly are very talented. I can't wait to see what you do next :guts:.

Why did you not just post your creation in the "creation" topic ?
Anyway, it's a really good piece.

Some crits (I'm crual) :
-Casca and Puck faces are well...not exactely corresponding to the manga's model. (sure it's from ohters figures but...)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grorum said:

Because it's a model kit and it goes in the Merchandise section. Besides, he didn't create the original kit but customized and refined it. A lot.

Grorum said:
Casca and Puck faces are well...not exactely corresponding to the manga's model.

There isn't a single statue or figure that represents Casca's facial features exactly like they are in the manga, though.

Nonsense, it IS his creation.

For the faces, I said : why do not make them, like the helmet. Skill's limitation ?
It's always a probleme with figures, even with AOW ones, IMO.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
OH....MY....GOD!
that is absolutely amazing! The base on that statue is the most detailed and awesome thing I have ever seen! This is even better than Art of War!
And Casca herself looks amazing! I want to change my vote from the "who's sexiest" poll from Slann to Casca! Joa! YOU ARE GIFTED!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grorum said:
nonsense, it IS his creation.

Nonsense what? This thread is where it should be, no use playing on words.

handsome rakshas said:
I want to change my vote from the "who's sexiest" poll from Slann to Casca!

XD Hahaha, so you finally got to your senses? :carcus:

I'm not playing on word.
It's about art, a fully modified sculpture is a totally new creation, like this, it's not a modification it is a new thing, a creation.
This is art, not some add - on based on another figure or anything like that.
He just created a new figure of berserk.

Art is not only about creating, it is also a large idea of modification and adaptation of what already exists. No philosophy or point of view, just a fact.

thanks for this great Casca Joa, sure I'll model yours in 3D !

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grorum said:
It's about art, a fully modified sculpture is a totally new creation, like this, it's not a modification it is a new thing, a creation.

Like I said, playing on words, and your conception of art is twisted here, too. It's obviously not just the average model kit with some exotic painting, Joa did a wonderful job, but that's not the question. Model kits are merchandise, regardless of them being art or not and of the degree of customization they've been through. People search this section for model kits, there really should be no problem about it. Please just stop the off topic.

Grorum said:
Art is not only about creating, it is also a large idea of modification and adaptation of what already exists. No philosophy or point of view, just a fact.

Excuse me, but I'm the one giving facts here, you're just rambling. :schierke: In any case, great work again Joa, I wish you'd do another Berserk kit. :guts:

So it's nonsense for me to stay around.
I remember now why I quit your french forum.
Anyway, this is art, I learned that from professionnal artists and I teach this to students..but well. Nonsense to teach you that, neither.

Thanks for the nice words, folks! =)

And I'll try and reply as fair as posible to Grorum's comments:

Grorum said:
-Casca and Puck faces are well...not exactely corresponding to the manga's model. (sure it's from ohters figures but...)

I am new here and didn't know where to post about this modelkit so I placed it in the miscellaneous section. It was then moved here by admin.

[quote author=Grorum]Nonsense, it IS his creation.
For the faces, I said : why do not make them, like the helmet. Skill's limitation ?[/quote]

Hehe.. I too concider it very much my creation based on the extensive work/alterations I put to her.

Well, first off here's what the kit looked like before i did anything to it:

gallery_1921_27_24628.jpg

gallery_1921_27_602485.jpg

Believe me, I too find that the face sculpt in the original kit suxx bigtime.
So, I resculpted the face using this reference sheet:

gallery_1921_27_116307.jpg

To achieve this:

gallery_1921_27_14347.jpg

In my mind, this is how Casca looks.
Others like the AOW figure (which I cannot understand.. ^^´) and I respect that.
Skills limitation? No, defenetly not.

As for Puck, here's how I made him:

gallery_1921_27_114889.jpg

He's small and I wanted to make him look really, really annoyed about having been disturbed by having armor thrown at his tree, thus he's squinting. :puck:

gallery_1921_27_252586.jpg

Again, thanks for all the praise.
Having these reactions here of all places really means something special to me.
I hope to get my hands on the sitting Judeau resin kit (my fiancée's fav character) and make a nice display for him as well.
I'll make sure to post pics here then...

Laters! =)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Grorum said:
So it's nonsense for me to stay around.
I remember now why I quit your french forum.

That wasn't my forum, and you were banned by the administrator... :schierke: Whatever though... It's all up to you.

Grorum said:
Anyway, this is art, I learned that from professionnal artists and I teach this to students..but well. Nonsense to teach you that, neither.

Haha, yeah, teaching me, uh? Never short of arrogance, are we. You're still not getting my point anyway, why insist about where a thread should be? I mean, you can't just drop it? And I didn't say that Joa's kit wasn't art or anything like that... Whatever, let's just stop spoiling this thread with off topic crap.

Joa said:
I am new here and didn't know where to post about this modelkit so I placed it in the miscellaneous section. It was then moved here by admin.

Don't worry, there's no problem. :serpico:

Joa said:
I hope to get my hands on the sitting Judeau resin kit (my fiancée's fav character) and make a nice display for him as well.

The one by Dotou no Tonosama? That'd be great, I can't wait to see it. :guts:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Seriously, back to the model kit discussion :miura:. I think the changes made to the face of the figure make it look a lot better than the original kit. No face is going to look exactly like the manga, but this is damn near close enough for me. Besides, with the amount of resculpting and adding stuff (not to mention getting rid of that hole on the ass which you can't even tell was there now) I think you worked on it long enough. :guts:

Now when do I get mine? :beast:

Halloo Joa!

Glad to see you aboard Skullknight.net! :serpico:

Needless to say, the work you did on this kit is truly oustanding, and went way beyond the call of duty! People on hobbyfanatics.com loved it there, and now the crazy Berserk fanatics here also love it =). You've come to the right place!

PS Mind if I post your final pictures on my site? :guts:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
Late with posting. . . But I am absolutely speechless. I'd buy that in a heartbeat for a price heftier than any ol' Art of War statue. Amazing job again! Glad to see you come over to the Skullknight boards. { I'm a lurker on hobbyfanatics and new to those boards myself }

Top Bottom