PS2 Berserk game online petition

Im sure your all aware that there are currently NO plans to release this game stateside. Im sure it will eventually happen though, but when is the question. I think we should show Sammy that there is a serious USA/europe fan base surrounding this upcomming ps2 titile.

go here : http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=37167&topic=16538972

and sign the message. You can email sammy of course but I doubt this will have much effect. I think sending them one link with masses of comments is a better idea instead of emai bombing poor old sammys.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: PS2 Berserk game

So emailing Sammy won't do much but making a thread on a message board with people giving away their nicknames and saying that they'd probably buy the game if it was released in the USA will make a difference? ::)

Posting a link to sammy with a thead containing messages from fans of berserk who want to see the game go state side makes more sense than email bombing sammys email adress with a few hundred emails. You just got to face it that its more logical. If the thread stays small then it will have no effect obviously, but if the thread becomes large enough sammy will take notice.

just post in the thread and stop making arguments.

nir085

Horse and Armor

CreepZ said:
Posting a link to sammy with a thead containing messages from fans of berserk who want to see the game go state side makes more sense than email bombing sammys email adress with a few hundred emails. You just got to face it that its more logical.
How is it more logical to create another petition that will probably go down the drain just like all of those second season petitions? At least most of those petitions were on petitiononline.com, a site devoted to petitions, obviously, not a videogame guide site. Sammy could probably care less what a specific sect of BERSERK messageboard fans want brought to the western hemisphere.

You also have to consider the numbers. Anyone who takes the time to register a screename on gamefaqs.com probably fits the sect of online BERSERK geeks, but unfortunately, big companies care much more about the masses than a couple of zealots. It would be much more convenient for most people to just e-mail Sammy instead of posting in a thread they may never even see, unless you clutter their e-mails with the link to that thread. Speaking of cluttering, while you concern yourself so much about anti-cluttering ethics, aren't you being a proponent of cluttering gamefaqs.com's board? At least e-mails get deleted after they're read.

E-mailing Sammy wouldn't get them to actually read the contents of each message...but so what? As long as you give the e-mail an appropriate title (e.g. "give me BERSERK PS2 in u.s. plz"), they'll have to take notice. It's not like they really need to read the contents of the e-mails anyways, after all, they'd all be the same ones: "I wil DEFINITELY!! buy BERSERKPS2, please release it".

So promoting absolute Sammy fanfare via e-mails would be the better alternative.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

CreepZ said:
just post in the thread and stop making arguments.

So filling Sammy's e-mails with "I want the Berserk PS2 game.", everyday for the next 3 to 5 months is some how less effective then one guy e-mailing someone a petition?

Edit: This guy has managment material: http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=3604.0

LoL I dont have any management material. But who cares? The last thing I want to do is manage something, I just want to play the Berserk ps2 game in english sometime next year.

At the end of the day emailing sammy is not realistic.

why?

A:How many people will actually be botherd enough to email them?

B:second of all who says people will email everyday for 5 months?

C:Email bombing a software developers house demanding something never does anything except piss off the employee who manages the email database.

Im not saying a thread is going to change jack shit. But Gamefaq is probably the easiest forum you will find to register for. Maybe its not the best idea in the world and maybe I dont have any management skills but all I know is that at least Ive actually done something half productive, instead of link/quoting something someone has said in a previous thread.

With the time you spent moaning about how its not a good idea you could of just posted one simple post on gamefaq and just let it to see how it would work. Hell it might not change anything but then again maybe someone at sammy will take note if the thread gets large enough, who knows.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

CreepZ said:
LoL I dont have any management material. But who cares? The last thing I want to do is manage something, I just want to play the Berserk ps2 game in english sometime next year.

First off you're full of shit. I was saying the guy in the link had management material not you.

At the end of the day emailing sammy is not realistic.

why?

Because typing is just that hard.

The same people that spend their time signing up for accounts at gamefaqs to sign a petition could spend less time typing an e-mail.

So filling Sammy's e-mails with "I want the Berserk PS2 game.", everyday for the next 3 to 5 months is some how less effective then one guy e-mailing someone a petition?

I don't know, I think you need to learn to read.

C:Email bombing a software developers house demanding something never does anything except piss off the employee who manages the email database.

IT DOES?! :eek:
Maybe you can present some of your horse shit findings.

Im not saying a thread is going to change jack shit. But Gamefaq is probably the easiest forum you will find to register for. Maybe its not the best idea in the world and maybe I dont have any management skills but all I know is that at least Ive actually done something half productive, instead of link/quoting something someone has said in a previous thread.

Why waist time makeing an account and posting in a thread, when you could have sent one e-mail? I also never said you had managment skills, the other guy who's thread I linked I said had skills.

With the time you spent moaning about how its not a good idea you could of just posted one simple post on gamefaq and just let it to see how it would work. Hell it might not change anything but then again maybe someone at sammy will take note if the thread gets large enough, who knows.

Why would the person working at Sammy, stop answering e-mails to take a look at a thread on gamefaqs? It's just a waist of time, specialy when you can just write them e-mails, saying clearly what you want in the subject.

So lets take a look back at what I've said.
1: Your full of shit.
2: You for some reason lack the ability to form an e-mail.
3: You think people like spending more time making an account then posting in a thread.
4: You can't read.
5: You have the urge to pull shit out of your ass.
6: You like waisitng time.
7: You think people that work at Sammy want to look at some stupid thread you made and have linked in an e-mail.

nir085

Horse and Armor

CreepZ said:
We all do. That doesn't mean that method of yours will accomplish anything.

A greater number of people than those who will register on that subpar BERSERK board, I'm sure.

Who says the equivalent will be done on that thread?

Piss them off, yeah, but at least they'll get pissed off while knowing that fans in this side of the globe are rabid enough to keep sending them e-mails. That would be a greater sign of interest in the game than a useless gamefaqs.com thread.

Im not saying a thread is going to change jack shit. But Gamefaq is probably the easiest forum you will find to register for.
It's not about forum registering.

Ever heard of the Rurouni Kenshin Jinchuu Arc petition? Sure it's not a game and a more far-fetched cry for help than this game in english, but it's still a plea to Japan, a plea that had 9000-something signatures over multiple years and still became ignored. How many signatures do you think you're going to get on that thread of yours? Remember that people aren't exactly going to search for a BERSERK ps2 petition that is located on gamefaqs.com. This thread I'm posting on itself may get buried within the next couple of days.

Maybe its not the best idea in the world and maybe I dont have any management skills but all I know is that at least Ive actually done something half productive, instead of link/quoting something someone has said in a previous thread.
It's not that productive, because like Sparnage said in that thread "who can take any ideas from that fucking Gamefaq forum seriously?".

With the time you spent moaning about how its not a good idea you could of just posted one simple post on gamefaq and just let it to see how it would work.
It's not worth that short window of time.

Hell it might not change anything but then again maybe someone at sammy will take note if the thread gets large enough, who knows.
That's the point - it won't get large enough. That is, not large enough to evoke Sammy's interest.

Hmm well Berserk ps2 is not comparable to most other jap titles. I mean the odds are high that the game are going to the USA. Im just trying to tilt it even more in our favour.

And as for Vampire hunter bob, great name by the way. Sorry if I misunderstood your quote. I guess I just didnt understand how posting a link to sammys email adress is great management, thats why I took it as you was trying to be humourous by quoting my post there. Its a easy mistake to make dude, no need to blow your top. If you feel like anger is boiling up inside of you because of something as trivial as this then go out there my son, get some sex. You will feel better about yourself.

Anyway Ill state again why I made the thread. Because its a friendly way to make sammy aware that there are fans interested in seeing this game goto the usa. Email bombing is not right, and online petitions should be left to people petitioning about something half serious. Thats why I made the thread, Im not trying to become some kind of manager for you guys. I just didnt feel like being an ass and emailing sammy over something like this.

The "e-mail bomb" subject was sort of a joke -- the idea isn't for people to e-mail more than once each (in most cases), as far as I know.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

CreepZ said:
I guess I just didnt understand how posting a link to sammys email adress is great management, thats why I took it as you was trying to be humourous by quoting my post there.

I checked out the link I posted and it lead to the person who started the thread, not your post. :p

Its a easy mistake to make dude, no need to blow your top. If you feel like anger is boiling up inside of you because of something as trivial as this then go out there my son, get some sex. You will feel better about yourself.

Who says I'm blowing my top off? Maybe you should do the world a favor and chop off mister winky. ;)

All jokes aside, your still full of horse shit. Why would me having sex make anything better? Maybe if I was really horny it would, but not right now.

Anyway Ill state again why I made the thread. Because its a friendly way to make sammy aware that there are fans interested in seeing this game goto the usa.

If their intrested they could send well thought out e-mails so Sammy would know that they want the game sent to the states. Not by linking a thread, lets just say your thread on game faqs has about 14 pages. Why would the person who is sapose to be checking e-mails [Keep in mind this person is being paid to answer questions], going to go off and read all 14 pages? That's my point, they more then likly won't.

Email bombing is not right, and online petitions should be left to people petitioning about something half serious. Thats why I made the thread, Im not trying to become some kind of manager for you guys.

I'm glad you made a good point.

Sven Viking said:
The "e-mail bomb" subject was sort of a joke -- the idea isn't for people to e-mail more than once each (in most cases), as far as I know.

That's more what I and just about everyone else, had in mind.

Sven Viking said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. One email from each person would at least get their attention. Even if Sammy doesn't read all of the emails (which I'm sure they won't) they will at least get the idea that we care enough to take the time write it out. There is nothing wrong with a petition, I just don't think it's as personal as an email or letter.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

Im sure Sammy is considering bringing it to the US, so letting them know that people want it would just kinda help them make their decision.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

You're sure they're considering bring it to the US? Well, why would a company consider bringing a product over if they didn't think people wanted it?

All they have to do is go ask how well the Berserk DVDs sold.

Xevlen

I know much but care little. - Drizzt

One reason it is difficult for some games like this to get stateside is distribution. Japan is an easy & cheap country to publish & distribute a game in. Japanese hate to dick with it stateside because of how spread out we are. Damn its hard posting on a pda.

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

Majin Tenshi said:
You're sure they're considering bring it to the US? Well, why would a company consider bringing a product over if they didn't think people wanted it?

All they have to do is go ask how well the Berserk DVDs sold.

Alright well then they'll be stupid fucks if they dont bring it over.

Well maybe it wasnt a good idea. I suppose the new videos did hype me up a bit and I took things a bit far with the thread thing. Its not a realistic idea making a thread like that and expecting it to change anything, but then again nothing would get done in this world if we all thought realisticly all the time. And by the way vampire hunter bob you can quote me as much as you like and try to prove your case but I still think your a bit of a twat. No one with half a brain in their head flames on forums or over the internet - its a act of cowardice. If you had more sense you would of found a better way to put your point across.

Generic Form Letter:

Dear Sammy Studios Inc,

I am an avid Berserk fan and I became very excited when I learned about the new Berserk game, Berserk: Millenium Falcon being released in Japan! Berserk already has a great following here in the United States and it is only growing larger as more people are exposed to the DVDs and the Manga. I've told all of my friends about Berserk and they all love it as well! Even people who don't know Berserk well looked excited after seeing the game trailers. Please consider bringing Berserk: Millenium Falcon to the United States so I can experience what it is like to live the manga and hook everyone I know on the game!

Regards,
X

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Denial said:
Generic Form Letter:

Dear Sammy Studios Inc,

I am an avid Berserk fan and I became very excited when I learned about the new Berserk game, Berserk: Millenium Falcon being released in Japan! Berserk already has a great following here in the United States and it is only growing larger as more people are exposed to the DVDs and the Manga. I've told all of my friends about Berserk and they all love it as well! Even people who don't know Berserk well looked excited after seeing the game trailers. Please consider bringing Berserk: Millenium Falcon to the United States so I can experience what it is like to live the manga and hook everyone I know on the game!

Regards,
X

Keep it up! Dark Horse comics fixed their summerys on berserk when fans set out their demands, and Sammy Studios will do the same damn thing!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

CreepZ said:
And by the way vampire hunter bob you can quote me as much as you like and try to prove your case but I still think your a bit of a twat. No one with half a brain in their head flames on forums or over the internet - its a act of cowardice. If you had more sense you would of found a better way to put your point across.

Isn't that funny he contradicted him self. ;D

DemonX said:
Keep it up! Dark Horse comics fixed their summerys on berserk when fans set out their demands, and Sammy Studios will do the same damn thing!

The only reason it worked with Darkhorse is because it was a small thing that took little or no effort to change a blatent mistake they made. This is a fair bit bigger which is why I am not confident on the idea in the slightest.

That aside can anyone picture the idea where a bunch of semi illiterate tards from Gamefags would actually be the ones who are responsible for the game to be distributed over here with English subtitles? How could they possibly be the ones to think up a brilliant idea of bringing a multi million dollar product over here? Have you read the forum before?

DarkDragoon

Kuro no mahoutsukai

Sparnage said:
That aside can anyone picture the idea where a bunch of semi illiterate tards from Gamefags would actually be the ones who are responsible for the game to be distributed over here with English subtitles?

I honestly doubt they'd bring it over here without dubing it.

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

Sparnage said:
The only reason it worked with Darkhorse is because it was a small thing that took little or no effort to change a blatent mistake they made. This is a fair bit bigger which is why I am not confident on the idea in the slightest.

Have faith my son. With enough complaints and fan bombs im sure they would do it.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

If the DC game made good sales even before the Anime reached in the US (and made a big impact I may add). What makes us think that Sammy would not bring the new game to the US at this point in time?.

I am quite confident the game will come to the US. just a matter of time

Top Bottom