God Hands=Elemental kings?

It is a subject I want speculate on because there is maybe some links between the God hand members and the 4 lords of the world quoted by Schierke in Volume 25.

The 4 lords are associated to the cardinal point and represent the 4 elements

Slann-fire: we saw her in Vol 18, appearing in fire and called by the pagan the "fire goddess". Additionally her behaviour is quite passionate, for me fire is her element. in Volume 25, the "lord of south, dignifed indeed, the radiant of the everlasting flame" (sorry from hawks'scan, I don't speak Japanese and they are only up to Vol 9 in my mother tongue), looks like more a woman (not really a man) with a sword.

Conrad-earth: he actually appear from the ground in vol 12 (like slann), and he seems to be associated with turtle (shape of his armor, cloth), which can be sea or earth animal. However, as Ubik look likes a octopus and his moving in the air like in water, I would logically associate Conrad with earth. On top of that, we saw his face made of rats appearing from the ground in vol 17. As he seems quiet and always "close to the ground" (we didn't see him flying like the other member of the GH for the moment). Schierke 's "Lord of the north, rejoice be all over the sovereign over all living beings on earth", looks like a fat guy (like Conrad) and "sovereign over all livings being on earth", as he control rat, seems quite close to him.

Ubik- water: As I said above, he looks like an octopus, move in the air as fluently as in the water. He seems to manipulate the flow of memory of the people (Griffith, the snail count),. However, in volume 25 : "lord of the west, the name trembled even the spirit of water that played under the waves", looks like a thin woman, not a small octopus with glasses. So for him, this theory does not work really well.

Femto/Griffith-air: The fact that Griffith is called the white hawk, leader of the bank of hawk is a first point. Then when he became GH, he obviously took the shape of a falcon. we did not see the appearance of the "Lord of the east, the soul is like the gentle breeze coming from the mountain. the golden robe is like the shining sun". The sentence of Schierke makes me think about the reborn griffith view as a god (in fact he is one) who take care of the people (in apparence) in the new hawk's camp.

Void-void?: As there are 5 GH and 4 elemental kings, it is sure it is not going to mark. However, in some religion-mythology stuff like in thibetan mandala, the classical elements (fire, earth, water, air) represent the cardinal point and there is always a fifth one in the centre (void/ether/love (Luc besson's view)) which is the most important, and it can be applied to Void. he is in fact the assume leader of GH and his name can directly link to its element.

I don't want to defend a theory here, I just want to point out some things I found similar concerning this 2 big aspects of the speculation of Berserk. I probably misunderstood some of the meanings of Schierke 's words (I know that Hawk's translations are noit accurate) beacause anglish is not my mother tongue and I am not used to this kind of vocabulary an sentence (quite oldschool).

I want to know your ideas and thinking about that.

I don't believe the God Hand relate to any one element, such as fire, water, etc.. It seems as though they represent some form of negative (evil) aura or emotion, and they appear wherever it is most prominent.

Slann would probably correspond to lust, desire, and vanity, since she appeared in the whole heretic orgy thing.

Conrad didn't appear out of the ground, but formed himself through rats. I believe he represents disease, decay, and plagues.

Ubik......I'm going with deceit, mockerey, and greed, but who the hell really knows?

Femto is basically hate, but then again, he didn't have much time to assert a certain 'aura' before regaining his old form.

Void.....hmmm, maybe just that, void, as in loneliness? He's the most enigmatic, so it's anyone's guess.

This is all just useless speculation though, and I doubt miura-sensei wants us to water down or simplify such extraordinary beings (even the four elemental gods).

Although i do feel that yota is alil more on target with the idea of godshand, it still makes me wonder how they fit into the whole elemental stuff if at all.
I guess its easiest to say that they are part of a different sphere or world and thus are outside the realm of what is natural in the physical world, but it seems interesting that they make appearances in the aforementioned events. This all sortof goes back to the idea of "calling godhand" which still seems kinda fuzzy to me.

Top Bottom