Who is the most unecessary character in the manga?

aelka

*gasp* you know how hot I am? *no.*
I know who you all favor, and this is truly a very wicked manga (by far my favorite tie with Mugan no Jyuunin), but let's face it: there are a lot of bullshit in these 21 volumes that came out. Most are cool. but one person I really think is totally unecessary: ISIDRO. Yes. He had been in the manga for quite a few chapters now, and all he ever did was get a boner jokes, did monkey shows when Muira can't think of how to further plots in time, and follow Gatts around...so he saved Caska in those odd situations, but he seems too much of a filler, so to make the gaps which would lead the odds of Gatts losing ANYTHING to zip zero.....something that can easily be replaced/disgarded totally. I really don't see much point in his existence in the manga....well he does have a reason, but it's too long.

wunwong

NOw...To gEt mY hANds uNstUcK.....
Re: Who is the most unecessary character in the ma

I don't know....I think guys like jill's dad, Adon, and more than a few random people in the story shouldn't even get dialogue. Isidiro might just play a few important parts in the future... Besides, he's fairly funny in a few scenes...comic relief like puck really...

CnC

Ad Oculos

People like isidro and Jills dad and Adon help push the story along.
As great as it is, just constantly hearing about Gattsu, Griffith, Caska, Gattsu, Griffith, Caska. gets repetitive.

So in summary. I like them all. And if we hate a character, or find him/her annoying, well that just makes the story more dynamic.

White_Hawk

The Only True Free Spirit / Dark Horse Rider

I'd say that big guy with a sword is the most unneccessary character. I mean, I was readin this manga about apostles, and there's this guy with a huge sword that keeps on killing them. And almost all of the plot is centered around him, I mean, DuuuuHHH...couldn't this Berserk guy put more sense in it? And what's his surename. Surely Berserk isn't a japanese name...and why give the comic book such a strange name liek kentaroumiura? What does it mean?... :p

No seriously,
does Kentaro Miura mean anything? I ve heard it stands for something like "no name" or something...

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

I like all the characters, because they make the world come alive. As was stated above, if it only was about those characters we loved, who the hell would piss us off?

All these bit players show us the true uniqueness of Gatts/Casca/Griffith and the effect they have upon the world around them, they are the mirror that is used to reflect the extraordinary goings on, to make us realise that most things out there still remains oblivious to apostles, godhand and destinies, busy with ordinary lives, ordinary worries. Not everyone needs any grand reason to be there, not any more than all the beautiful scenery and haunting landscapes that Miura draws.

And for that... I can take a few "Ba... bakemon da!" comments ;)

Isidro doesn't really advance the plot that much now, but he's funny and that's more than can be said of, oh say, almost every single character in the manga. I retract that last statement. Silats cracks me up. He's all going around like a ninja and I just know he really, really, really wants to be one. And it will all eventually blow up when in battle he shouts out, 'Heroes in a half shell! Turtle Power!'

aelka

'Heroes in a half shell! Turtle Power!'

Totally unrelated, you don't know how funny it was to play the Ninja Turtle original again on the first Nintendo series machine again yesterday with my friends...

They slop you a bunch of text: "New York is destroyed! Manhatten project started!" and just for these unexplained two lines, the two turtles just starts fighting these queer masked men to death in 16 colours. It's pretty hilarious.

Woops I meant "colours." By the way, that would only be ironic if that was the correct way to spell it in the first place. O.K. I'm throwing this thread way off topic, so I'll shut up now.............. :-X

aelka

I am not a brit, I am a Canadian. Fine, I'll spell it in the american way without the U. COLORs. Happy. ;D

Fishbomb

Bah! Everyone knows the correct spelling is: Färg.

Much cooler... got two little dots :p

P

paradiselost

...however, in my opinion Isidro is very important like character, and the one is less important is for sure Adon!!!!

8)

Adon is the least important I wanted someone to kill him from the begining I saw him!

P

paradiselost

...I think exactly like you, Mad...

Adon dead!!!

;D

Fishbomb

I like Adon!

It was his purpose to be one annoying bitch, and wow did he succeed. I especially love him in the anime version.... ;D

P

paradiselost

...well, I explain to you, Fishbomb...

...I like Adon, he is sympathic, but he is the one more unusefull characther of Berserk, that's th point...

::)

aelka

;D now that you people mentioned it, I agree that Adon is pretty pointless to the whole plot advancement. I don't remember much of his existence actually.

He's funny though, although he just never seems to die off....It'd be funny if in chapter 26 or something he comes back in a shrimp armour with his split open mouth sewn back together by some blackmarket surgeon......Imagine how bloody annoyed the readers would be. :p

floydboy

Is There anybody out there?

I was thinking about metioning Adon earlier, but he makes me laugh so much. In my thinking Adon=Dufus. Lots of good his 500 years of tactics did. Way to go Caska!

Still, I believe it would be incredibly hard to imagine Berserk without the little people here and there. Though it may have thrown of the story just a little, it wouldn't be the same.

P

paradiselost

...well, it's true that in Berserk each character is very important, both the small ones, then the big ones...

8)

C

Cheshire

Re: Adon

A few notes about Adon and how "necessary" he is:
A friend of mine with no prior experience with anime inexplicably (:)) fell in love with the berserk anime series when I dragged her to a showing at our college anime club. Once finals set in and she needed some stress relief, she demanded the few fansubs I have. Which I did, as the tapes had just been gathering dust on my shelves.
I eventually ended up watching episode 15 (or something) with her. Whichever one with the battle scene between that-time-of-the-month Caska and he-man-adonis Adon. During that particular scene on the cliff dug her hands into her chair and didn't say anything until the taped ended. After that she completely ignored my bitching and fastforwarded through any scene with Adon in it, despite my bitching about "OH FUCKING COCK NO! THAT SCENE IS SOOOO IMPORTANT TO THE STORY!" and so on.
sooo.....uh,
Adon is worthwhile/necessary just because he makes you cringe or in my friend's case, ruin the arm rests of an old couch. I really enjoy his cameos, simply because I don't enjoy them.  His voice is terrific too!
Now all the series needs is a Godhand Adon Zombie chainsaw death bloodbath resurrection.....

P

paradiselost

...ehheheh...your theory is a relly interesting one...

;D

aelka

Well, fine.......you can claim Adon's meaning in life.

P

paradiselost

...maybe we could try to live like Adon do...

;D

aelka

???

We can start torturing our friends with the 100 years of suffering tricks...and brag about it?

Top Bottom