Dark Horse - Berserk Manga information

KazigluBey

Misanthrōpos
Re:Dark Horse Manga info please post here

If comic stories sell Heavy Metal, I don't see why they would censor Berserk.

I would like to believe in the near future Berserk would eventually come out in a larger form, but with so much Manga being much smaller than the average comic (the only thing that makes them worse than western comics in my eyes).

From the top of my head the only thing to come out in a large form that I recall was Akira volumes, can't think of one other Manga that is around that size actually.

Sparnage said:
I would like to believe in the near future Berserk would eventually come out in a larger form, but with so much Manga being much smaller than the average comic (the only thing that makes them worse than western comics in my eyes).

From the top of my head the only thing to come out in a large form that I recall was Akira volumes, can't think of one other Manga that is around that size actually.

Yeah I wish Berserk manga was release in a larger form like about the size Blade of the Immortal is. It makes looking at images much easier and not having to squint your eyes to read the text.

BlackSwordsman

I MUST BREAK YOU!

Sparnage said:

Fist of the North Star.

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
Re: Dark Horse Manga info please post here

Ok, I went to go pick up Vol. 3 today, and surprise! Vol. 4 was out as well.

Vol. 3...omg love it. Fav so far.

Vol. 4...enthralling. Know more of this story thanks to the anime. The show captures a lot of this volume very well.

So well in fact that they need to come out with another Berserk anime series!

Re: Dark Horse Manga info please post here

Just go to your local bookstore, and tell them you want to get Berserk vol # . They'll look it up in the computer, say they dont ahve it aand ask you if you want to order it.

You leave your name and phone number, then they call you when it's in. Thats what i had to do with Vol, when it first came out, but i guess a lot of people asked for it, so they had the other ones in stock, so i didnt have to order it anymore.

It usually takes like a week im guessing for them to get it in. When i ordered mine, i ordered it like a week and a half before it was released so it took like 2 1/2 weeks for me to actually get it.

Why does Dark Horse take so long to release Berserk?

With the way things are going, it'll take forever to even get to the point where it's after the anime. Things are looking hopeles.

Re: Why does Dark Horse take so long to release Berserk?

Tell Me Why said:
With the way things are going, it'll take forever to even get to the point where it's after the anime. Things are looking hopeles.
YOURE RIGHT ITS HOPELESS SO WHY DO THEY EVEN TRY!!!!!!
I DONT EVEN BOTHER BECAUSE IT WILL TAKE TIME AND TIME IS SOMETHING I DONT HAVE!!!!!!!!

lost to me

Its easier to just swing my sword..............
have not gotten Volume 8 yet. but am waiting. patiently. I don't know, the translation in Vol. 7 seemed so different from the styling in the previous Volumes that I think i'd rather just learn Japanese than read something that doesn't really fit into context. or whatever.

maybe im just being too picky about what "I" think it should be saying. but then again, what do I know about all of this.
ones things for sure, with the anime, I experienced several different translations and found that the Korean one was my favorite. I heard the Italian one was supposed to be really great.
blah. :guts:

Franz

It's a dolphin.
I only purchase domestic Berserk manga every Anime Expo, because:
1) have all the volumes on my comp, fully translated (so there's no rush)
2) $5-10 each is way cheaper than forking out 14 bucks.

So, I recently purchased vol 4-7. I remember somebody saying VOLUME 5 was fucked up with Zodd, like they messed up the order of things or cut stuff out...does anybody remember what it is?

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Franz said:
So, I recently purchased vol 4-7. I remember somebody saying VOLUME 5 was fucked up with Zodd, like they messed up the order of things or cut stuff out...does anybody remember what it is?

The worst I've heard is there's apparently a double-printed episode in some copies/editions of volume 5. Nice, huh? :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Walter said:
8 is great but just wait till 9 :guts:

I beleive one of the best things about going through the manga on a book to book basis is that you're never in limbo for long (if ever), each book keeps getting better and better, IMO.

Top Bottom