Anime vs Manga - The Official Battle Thread

El_Spico11

The power of death is intoxicating...
Firstly, I'm in no way ridiculing the manga, as I haven't read it (I plan to do so when I get the money), but if it wasn't for the anime, I wouldn't have ever found Berserk. I think the anime is beautiful and fascinating, it has the best developed story I have ever seen out of any other animation. It is an OPINION, I mean who is to say people can't prefer the anime over the manga? I don't prefer one over the other as I haven't read the manga yet, but there is no final statement that says "THE MANGA IS BETTER THAN THE ANIME, END OF STORY." People have their own individual opinions, so why not respect that? Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and that right should be allowed here without any conflict.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
El_Spico11 said:
Firstly, I'm in no way ridiculing the manga, as I haven't read it

Why are you even posting in this thread then?

El_Spico11 said:
there is no final statement that says "THE MANGA IS BETTER THAN THE ANIME, END OF STORY."

There is such a statement actually, by me.

CnC

Ad Oculos
El_Spico11 said:
Firstly, I'm in no way ridiculing the manga, as I haven't read it (I plan to do so when I get the money), but if it wasn't for the anime, I wouldn't have ever found Berserk.

If you thought THAT was good, wait 'till you see the manga.
However keep in mind that the voices aren't as good :schierke:

El_Spico11 said:
but there is no final statement that says "THE MANGA IS BETTER THAN THE ANIME, END OF STORY."

I kindly direct you to the post I wrote right before yours. The anime is based on the manga. Comparing the two as if they're separate entities or different interpretations of another source material is pointless.

El_Spico11 said:
People have their own individual opinions, so why not respect that? Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and that right should be allowed here without any conflict.

That argument has been brought up before, and really didn't need to be re-stated. One's opinion is the argument in the "Anime vs Manga - The Official Battle Thread" (it never was based on facts), since conflict is inherent in this thread title the only way conflict would be furthered would be done by resurfacing this thread.

CnC said:
If you thought THAT was good, wait 'till you see the manga.

Exactly, I very much enjoy the Anime - but it pales in comparison to it's source. CnC also hit the issue at it's core when he stated:
CnC said:
Comparing the two as if they're separate entities or different interpretations of another source material is pointless.

Despite that the anime got me into berserk I gotta say hands down on the manga.  I like Miura's illustrations more then the animated conterparts because of how expressive they are with Miura's line work.(which I find to be much more apealing then mediocre animation) I also agree with what Az said on the character designs.  I felt that some of the character colorings were too monochormatic. i.e. guts' armor when he returned to the hawks. Mirua's illustrations I think are much more unique (especally with his evolution style wise) then the anime which seem more cookie cutter anime designs :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
spikeyhairedcadet said:
Miura's illustrations I think are much more unique (especally with his evolution style wise) then the anime which seem more cookie cutter anime designs :beast:

That's a given honestly. I mean, anybody knowing a minimum about art, and I'm not talking about tastes or opinions or whatever but pure technique, just knows at first glance that Miura's art is infinitely superior to what you can find in the anime. Contesting this would be ridiculous, it's like saying Charles Schulz drew better than Takehiko Inoue. You can like one style better than the other, but that doesn't relativize their respective quality, just your tastes.

Top Bottom