Damn, expensive, but really cool autograph pic...

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r19470330

tetuzankoh-img450x600-1128093183gut1.jpg

tetuzankoh-img450x600-1128093302gut2.jpg

Of course, what it'd be even cooler if Miura were to sign and draw something for me personally...  :judo:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Of course, what it'd be even cooler if Miura were to sign and draw something for me personally... :judo:

These autographed illustrations were awarded to Young Animal readers in 1997, when the anime came out, there was a quiz and good answers were selected. The guy says 5 people got illustrations like this one in his auction but I've seen an issue of YA saying 10 people would get them, accompanied with the picture shown below. So apparently (assuming it's legit) the drawings varied. There were also autographs from the voice actors of Guts, Casca and Griffith to win.

Signed_art.jpg

I can't say I find it very cool to auction stuff like that, but to each his own I guess... The guy is apparently in a desperate need of money, and quite unhappy about selling it though.

handsome rakshas said:
What! 800-900 bucks for a piece of berserk history? THAT'S CHUMP CHANGE!

Well, I'd rather spend $800 on a cool (i.e. not that one) autographed illustration by Miura than on platinum beherits by AOW, but that's just me. :void:

Aazealh said:
These autographed illustrations were awarded to Young Animal readers in 1997, when the anime came out, there was a quiz and good answers were selected. The guy says 5 people got illustrations like this one in his auction but I've seen an issue of YA saying 10 people would get them, accompanied with the picture shown below. So apparently (assuming it's legit) the drawings varied. There were also autographs from the voice actors of Guts, Casca and Griffith to win.

I can't say I find it very cool to auction stuff like that, but to each his own I guess...

Thanks for the info, Aaz. Indeed, he must be pretty desperate for money right now to be selling it off, or maybe he wasn't even that big of a fan of Berserk in the first place (or maybe just not anymore). It's hard to place monetary value on something like this. I mean, those framed prints of the manga covers are a MUCH better display piece, and those are also autographed, but they don't nearly sell for as high as 100,000 yen. Personally, I rather spend money to get the framed prints. But yah, there is something really cool about having a piece of art directly from Miura himself. I'm such a fanboy!

Or even better, maybe one day I can get Miura to sign the bases of some of my Berserk statues/kits. Hehe, it's time to start stalking! Who wants to let me live in Japan for a few months???

PS, I'm curious if this will actually sell???

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
DirectDK said:
Indeed, he must be pretty desperate for money right now to be selling it off

Yup, I added that in my post after checking it again since he actually says so in his auction. Sucks for him, and the price he's selling it at reflects that he doesn't really want to lose it I think.

DirectDK said:
It's hard to place monetary value on something like this. I mean, those framed prints of the manga covers are a MUCH better display piece, and those are also autographed, but they don't nearly sell for as high as 100,000 yen. Personally, I rather spend money to get the framed prints.

That's very true, and I agree about the primagraphs, but we shouldn't forget that those get 200 prints while illustrations like this one are unique pieces.

DirectDK said:
Or even better, maybe one day I can get Miura to sign the bases of some of my Berserk statues/kits. Hehe, it's time to start stalking! Who wants to let me live in Japan for a few months???

Haha, I wish he would sign my first born or something. :p

DirectDK said:
PS, I'm curious if this will actually sell???

I wonder too, I almost wish it doesn't honestly, I feel for that guy.

That guy is crazy to sell it, if I had something like that I know I never would, unless I depresately needed the money.

wow, i was wondering if anyone would actually bid on it at that insane starting bid... :isidro: :isidro:

i guess these autograph pics are really valuable after all..

Wow, I forgot about this auction completely. The high bid was higher than I thought it would be. Let's hope it doesn't get bent/damaged during shipment! The seller better ship it in a metal, fireproof case or something, hehe.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
suki said:
and... how we know miura drow it?? and sign it??

First, I'd like to say that Yahoo! Japan auctions aren't like eBay, there's a lot less scam going on. Thanks Japan for that.

Now apart from that, it came with a document attesting it was original and legitimate of course.

Top Bottom