Favorite Manga cover art

My number one favorite cover is definitely 17. I dont know anything about art so i wouldn't know the technique or anything, but it just looks different from the other covers. Its almost like Gatts just sat on a stool in real life and let Miura illustrate his profile or something.

Second favorite cover is 26. Volumes 23, 24, and 25 all had magic elements in them what with the wizards and elfs, and i thought it was very cool that 26 just had Gatts in the heat of battle. It brought it back to basics and what Berserk is all about, Gatts kicking some ass!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
TheBeast43105 said:
Second favorite cover is 26. Volumes 23, 24, and 25 all had magic elements in them what with the wizards and elfs, and i thought it was very cool that 26 just had Guts in the heat of battle.

Not to pick on what you're saying or anything, but volume 23 just features Guts, Casca, the Beast and the Neo Hawks in the background, and 24 is a simple shot of Guts' group (Guts, Casca, Farnese, Serpico, Isidro, Puck). I'm not sure these covers fit your definition. As for the cover of volume 24 having an elf on it, 17 also does.

Raziel

"Each man is haunted until his humanity awakens."
In no particular order I'd have to go with 12, 13, 28, 17, and 18.

Stream

Inousha
#12 - my ultimate fave.

#18 - beautiful, great composition, and as someone said here, sign of things to come

#22 - soo struck me to see Griffith and Guts standing in the same picture again..

#20 and #21 are very very beautiful

#7 and #8 - don't know why, but it's like they have something... some atmosphere... maybe it's because I relate them to the end of the good days. Casca on #7 is so adorable; Griffith looks great on the #8.

#13 - intense. :judo: and great artwork, and I also love the composition

#29 - classic Guts... but, the way he looks straight at the reader does the trick. Just look at his pupil.

Pesmerga

This is going to be one hell of a party
my favorites :

13 because it's represent one of the greatest part of Berserk. :void:
23 because there is on the cover all the problems of guts :griff: :zodd: :casca: :beast:
27 because guts with this armor his MISTER CHARISMA and the stance is Awesome :guts:

My favorites:

Volume 18 because it captures perfectly the intensity of the battles and rivalries in the series as Guts fights Zodd with only Puck behind him as an ally. Meanwhile Griffith looms in the background, unreachable at the moment.

Volume 24 because it's the first volume since the Band of the Hawk arc that we've seen Guts with real companions, and I love how this is emphasized with Guts being placed behind everyone else. Also, the colors are gorgeous.

Top Bottom