Favorite Manga cover art

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I was glancing through my manga the other day and just admiring the artwork on the covers and tried to figure out which one was the best. I think my personal favorite is the cover for Vol. 20 where Caska is holding the Hawk of Light in her arms like her child. But which one is yours?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krunkster said:
Why?

13 fsho.
13 is nice, but not exactly subtle. 17 is a great reflection on Guts and Puck, plus its one of the first times Miura merges realism with impressionism.

I wondered what will the cover of volume 26 look like... It gona to be awesome if the last page of chapter 224 is replaced as the cover, with only the armor alone... 8)

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
25 cover was one of the worse, probably because the volume isnt that great storywise...but i have my expectations high on the cover for 26.

NightCrawler said:
25 cover was one of the worse, probably because the volume isnt that great storywise...

vol 24 on the storyline was much worst actually, the cover was alright but the story in that vol talk to much craps about shadow stuff, 25 is at least better with a few fighting scenes :)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
vol 24 on the storyline was much worst actually, the cover was alright but the story in that vol talk to much craps about shadow stuff, 25 is at least better with a few fighting scenes :)
Wow.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
Walter said:
13 is nice, but not exactly subtle. 17 is a great reflection on Guts and Puck, plus its one of the first times Miura merges realism with impressionism.

When you say not subtle, what are you refering to?
Casca's raped naked body? That's pretty much a
huge point to that chapter, and to the rest of the story....
I just really like the backdrop.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
krunkster said:
When you say not subtle, what are you refering to?
Casca's raped naked body? That's pretty much a
huge point to that chapter, and to the rest of the story....
I just really like the backdrop.
The whole cover is just a very dramatic image. It's great. It's epic looking and just plain cool. It's just not subtle =).

Walter said:
The whole cover is just a very dramatic image. It's great. It's epic looking and just plain cool. It's just not subtle =).

Too bad this cover will discourage all parents for allowing their children to read this manga... :-X

Top Bottom