Halo The Movie

ok now I'm sure at least some (or most) of you have heard of them making a movie about Halo, but what i just read is that now Peter Jackson is going to have something to do with it! all i have to say is that now this movie might have a chance to fucking rock!

http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=biggorilla&p=4955829

:guts: :badbone:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Alucalb said:
They should get Bernie Mac to play Sergeant Johnson. :troll:
4_473882.jpg

"You know America, Bernie Mac is going to have to whoop that Covenent ass!"

Walter said:
You mean Bungie? or Jackson's nerdy crew?
Jackson's nerdy crew of course. But, i will not doubt Bungie in anyway though, i mean i don't know about you but i thought Halo was a sick ass game. i don't think it had the greatest storyline out of any videogame i have ever played nevertheless they could pull a pretty decent story out of it

CnC

Ad Oculos
*nevermind to those who read what i wrote earlier*

I say the entire movie should be made Red vs Blue style.

Not to mention I wouldn't doubt the movie being scrapped if Doom bombs

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, there's no way Doom won't blow.  No way in hell (I know it's lame, but pun intended :beast:).
What,you doubt the acting skills of the most electrifying man in sports entertainment? :???:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I have little faith in this movie. What makes my head hurt though is that they decide to make a movie of Halo, which has a VERY shallow plot when they could easily have gone back to their roots and made a Marathon movie (for those who don't know, Marathon was an earlier Bungie game that rocked). For that matter they even could have made one of Abuse (another rockin' Bungie game). Both have deeper storylines than Halo, which may be a great game but only because it's fun and has some good style.

As for the Doom movie, if it wasn't dead from day one, The Rock killed it.

Vaxillus said:
I have little faith in this movie.  What makes my head hurt though is that they decide to make a movie of Halo, which has a VERY shallow plot

There are three very good Halo novels they could use for material: there's the prequel Fall Of Reach by Eric Nylund, William C. Dietz's The Flood, which follows the first game from different viewpoints (the Covenant's perspective is worth the price of admission), and Nylund returns to pen First Strike which bridges the gap between Combat Evolved and Halo 2.

I dont think Halo has the deepest plot in the world but the universe around it and the way the original game's story played out were incredibly well done.

I mean the entire level leading up to the introduction to the Flood was incredible for example. Bungie hadnt let on their existance whatsoever before release and if you werent spoiled it was an awesome level with all the dead Covies and so forth. Yes I evne liked the library level, dont get many run and gun games like that anymore.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Alucalb said:
There are three very good Halo novels they could use for material: there's the prequel Fall Of Reach by Eric Nylund, William C. Dietz's The Flood, which follows the first game from different viewpoints (the Covenant's perspective is worth the price of admission), and Nylund returns to pen First Strike which bridges the gap between Combat Evolved and Halo 2.
Since when was a videogame movie ever based on anything resembling a good story? Whatever plot they decide on, be certain it will have lots of explosions and wacky jeep antics.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I think probably as far as game movies, the game is much better choice. I had alot of fun playing Doom3 but am not that excited about the movie. I'd rather handle sawing up my enemies personally :beast:

Halo I might see just cause I've never played it and I like action movies.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Serpico said:
I'd rather handle sawing up my enemies personally :beast:
Don't worry, judging from the trailer there will be plenty if IN-YO-FACE first person POV shots to make you feel like "you're really there" ! :isidro:

Top Bottom