Episode 262

avi said:
Why have the guard surrounded  Guts and Co.?

I guess, since the Guards just arrived, they must have thought that Guts' band was the Trouble Makers... Until Vandimion tells them they aren't! :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Some Guy said:
Does anyone think that Ganishka might join the battle if the need were to arise?

Well, he's supposed to physically be in Wyndham, but I guess Daiba might call upon his power through the mist if needed. We've seen that he can materialize himself already.

Anyway, there are some good moments in this episode. :guts:

Casca-pricked.gif

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Metal Soldier said:
Quick question, was there mention of a date for the colored art book on the ad page for Vol. 29?

It's part of this Young Animal issue.

Aazealh said:
Special news to our YA subscribers: next issue (n°18) will have a coupon allowing the customers to apply for a special Puck & Ivalera Xmas figures set. There will also be a mini-artbook available (Collected Paintings of Berserk: II?).

:SK:

Aaz rulez in SK net...

Haha... one of the most responsible admins :badbone:

Thanks a lot man...

Guts is going to fight Ganishka for real... Did he mention that Ganishka is apostle king or something?

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Now, THIS was a bit unexpected o_O. I wondered if something wouldn't happen now when the beasts was dead, as happened at the beach, but I did not expect Ganishka himself to appear. So the group now knows what the threath is earlöier than I expected. But I wonder - does this mean that Ganishka himself oversees the invasion, or did he just "deattach" a part of himself into those tigers that now were speaking to them...?

Anyway, the emperor promise more horrors to come in any event.. o_O.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Dark Wanderer said:
Now, THIS was a bit unexpected o_O. I wondered if something wouldn't happen now when the beasts was dead, as happened at the beach, but I did not expect Ganishka himself to appear. So the group now knows what the threath is earlöier than I expected. But I wonder - does this mean that Ganishka himself oversees the invasion, or did he just "deattach" a part of himself into those tigers that now were speaking to them...?

Anyway, the emperor promise more horrors to come in any event.. o_O.

The extent of Ganishka's powers isn't truly known. Yes, he can transform into a fog spectre, and it seems a part of him "inhabits" the familiars. But whether or not it was his transformed state or rather a remote manifestation at the ball isn't too clear. I would likely believe it to be the latter, though.

Thank you Aazaelh for putting up episode 262; we'd be lost without you. :void:

Another fantastic episode; The Emperor of Terror himself showing up at the ball in not one, but two 2-page spreads. :isidro:

Mrs. Vandimion is seeing how much Farnese has improved thanks to Guts and crew. Mr. Vandimion is also getting the picture; thanking them for saving their asses and everyone giving them a round of applause on page 6.  :serpico: Nothing from Owen, Roderick or Farnese's other brothers, but we get Guts getting pissed at Ganishka instead.  :zodd:
Aazealh said:
Anyway, there are some good moments in this episode. :guts:

Casca-pricked.gif
I'll say; Isidro's nose growing after the applause and page 10 with Everella and Puck doing another impersonation that I can't figure out. :puck:

And the cover for volume 29 is slick. Great way to compare how far Guts changed from then to now. :guts:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
Did he mention that Ganishka is apostle king or something?

Read what I said Smith... Guts knows about it.

Dark Wanderer said:
I wonder - does this mean that Ganishka himself oversees the invasion, or did he just "deattach" a part of himself into those tigers that now were speaking to them...?

I think Ganishka just invests all of his casters with a part of his "fog" (a part of himself?), and that's how he bestows them with magic powers and the ability to control familiars, supervise the creation of Daka, etc. Same thing for the familiars, except they are the subject of mutations. This process isn't unlike the way some apostles create pseudo-apostles (Count and Zondark for example). By combining his powers as an apostle and a magic user, Ganishka manages to do some pretty interesting things. He probably also has the ability to communicate with his subordinates by telepathy, like Schierke with the group (instead of hair, he uses the fog).

jackson_hurley said:
berserk II ?! for what dvd perhaps?! haha could be fun though :carcus:

A mini artbook called Collected Paintings of Berserk: II. Following the I and preceding the III (3 in total). I regroups illustrations done by Miura for the Berserk TCG.

Jhot obs said:
Everella and Puck doing another impersonation that I can't figure out. :puck:

Well, they're cheering up their band and manifesting because Vandimion said the magic phenomenons were just illusions (that includes them).

I dont know if anyone mentioend this in the thread yet but we've seen Ganishka, or at least the fog like image of him, appear before out of the dead. Back at the shack on the shore when Serpico took out the kushan's who were controlling the alligator's, we saw a smoke escape from their lopped off head's through their mouth's, noses and so forth that looked like Ganishka.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
HawaiianStallion said:
I dont know if anyone mentioend this in the thread yet but we've seen Ganishka, or at least the fog like image of him, appear before out of the dead.

Yes, they had fog inside of them. Daiba also smokes that same fog. As CnC put it, a part of Ganishka seems to "inhabit" them.

Anyway, I think it's funny to notice that a lot of people expected Ganishka to appear on the beach after the fight with the crocodiles, but that nobody had seen it coming this time. :void:

Ganishka is scary as always... but was his form summoned from the fog in that room or was the fog Ganishka all along? back in Wyndam i thought he was made out of fire but maybe he was made out of fog all along?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Wah wah wah said:
still feeling the same about Guts and co.'s departure date? :guts:

Hehe yeah, for now nothing compromises their departure that we hadn't thought of already (the Kushan attack was even highly expected). We just have to wait for Guts' reaction to the events and his stance about it all. Of course, nothing says Miura won't make the whole thing evolve in a totally different way, but that's hard to foresee. ^^;

A.C said:
was his form summoned from the fog in that room or was the fog Ganishka all along?

I think he just decided to appear and formed himself out of the fog. Apparently he can control it at will.

A.C said:
back in Wyndam i thought he was made out of fire but maybe he was made out of fog all along?

Yep, that was fog. The same fog that covered the whole city.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Thanks Aaz, as always, for the episode! :badbone:

Aazealh said:
Yeah, he just wonders about it though, he's got no certainty. He also seems pretty annoyed at the fact that an apostle could be a king/emperor.
Seeing as how Griffith's ultimate goal is to become a King in the physical realm, I would imagine Guts would be pretty pissed to learn that (although not a God Hand) an Apostle had risen to such a high status.  That and he hates Apostles like no other...it may have been Griffith that sacrificed the old Band of the Hawk, but it was the Apostles who ripped them apart and ate 'em. :chomp:

GoHF

I'm a llama!
dwarfkicker said:
Are the boats on fire at the end of the episode?
at least one seems to be.

As for ganishka's getting his essence in his servants, it is not unlike what the baron did on volume 2, except fog differs from flesh in quite a few aspects. Quite possibly, either the whole fog is ganishka's essence or it is a conduit for it. We'll just have to see how godly Miura wants to make Ganishka and just how much of Ganishka's power comes from him being an apostle and how much comes from other sources (if any, ofc).

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
GoHF said:
at least one seems to be.

As for ganishka's getting his essence in his servants, it is not unlike what the baron did on volume 2, except fog differs from flesh in quite a few aspects. Quite possibly, either the whole fog is ganishka's essence or it is a conduit for it. We'll just have to see how godly Miura wants to make Ganishka and just how much of Ganishka's power comes from him being an apostle and how much comes from other sources (if any, ofc).
My theory on this is that, as Aazealh and many others have already stated, the source of the fog that everyone seems to be using (or smoking :badbone:) is a part of the essence that makes up Ganishka. I think that Ganishka is the source of all the Kushan's "magic." They're utilizing Apostles for making the Daka, as we've seen, but the knowledge of how to pervert the already perverted power of the Apostles probably came from Ganishka (he is afterall, in his own opinion, the most powerful Apostle).

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
I think that Ganishka is the source of all the Kushan's "magic." They're utilizing Apostles for making the Daka, as we've seen, but the knowledge of how to pervert the already perverted power of the Apostles probably came from Ganishka

Yeah, I don't think there's a lot of doubt about this actually. I consider all their supernatural resources to be coming from him, directly or indirectly.

Interesting anecdote from Young Animal: Mitsuhisa Kuji, a former assistant of Miura, is making his début in YA Arasi (recently created magazine with a monthly publication).

Top Bottom