Episode 262

Aazealh said:
I thought about a pincer attack back then, with Daiba and his casters controlling familliars and attacking stealthily from the sea, and a regular army inland that would deliver the coup de grace later on. However, it's possible that the terrestrial army also possesses magic users, like you said (besides, cats don't like water :troll:).
Looking over the episode again, the pincer attack is what's probably going on. Daiba's vessel had cannons mounted on it that can cause a shitload of damage at port/to ships; making it easier for Kushan familiars to paint the town red. Meanwhile, the land general's (Ganishka himself?) sending forces from inland to attack simultaneously, preventing escape or retaliation time from the docks. Hope Azan found another place to sleep by now. :)

With Ganishka showing himself to the nobles (and no doubt debunking Mr. Vandimion's attempt to say what just happened were just hallucinations), it shows how important this (failed) mission was for the emperor himself to come down there and yell at everyone. And I'm sure now he knows of Guts' presence there if Daiba didn't give him the word already. What he'll do with that information, I don't know, but I'd like to think it involves Guts going apeshit on a hella of lot of Kushans for a sea worthy ship. :chomp:

xbigvmanx

Gutz is a Bad azz
dwarfkicker said:
Hundred bucks says Guts will enter Beast mode at some point during the war.  Any takers?

I don't know why were anxious to see Gutz go into beast mode. Personally I care too much about his character not too unless he doesn't have a choice. Come on going to beast mode takes too much of him as it is. Especially he's trying not to become this being of evil on a permanant basis. Now if him going to beast mode doesn't do any more harm then it already is especially around his friends, I am cool with it.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dwarfkicker said:
Hundred bucks says Guts will enter Beast mode at some point during the war. Any takers?
Oooh that's a dangerous bet there, Evil Knievel. You like to live dangerously don't ya? :guts: If Griff shows up, we can almost guarantee it will happen. Great episode. Ganishka rocks. The invasion proper will very likely begin next episode, and we only have to wait a full month to get to the juicy stuff! :miura:

Still waiting to see the Kushan Ground Forces General myself...

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Walter said:
Still waiting to see the Kushan Ground Forces General myself...
Yeah, I doubt it's Ganishka so it's definitely someone we haven't seen.  Wonder how he's getting high on his Ganishka fog...:void:

Thanks for the ep, Aazealh,

Quick question when Schierke said "I felt an enormous evil force. That is the same apparition that ambushed the old mansion." after Gansihka apprears does she mean when the house in the forest ambushed by Griff's army :zodd:?? Would hardly call it a mansion more like a wooden shack ;D

October 14th... Bah Humbug. Oh well I can study peacefully.

MaN said:
Thanks for the ep, Aazealh,

Quick question when Schierke said "I felt an enormous evil force. That is the same apparition that ambushed the old mansion." after Gansihka apprears does she mean when the house in the  forest ambushed by Griff's army :zodd:?? Would hardly call it a mansion more like a wooden shack  ;D

October 14th... Bah Humbug. Oh well I can study peacefully.

I think she was talking about that lonely house at the beach, where they found shelter.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
I think Ganishka just invests all of his casters with a part of his "fog" (a part of himself?), and that's how he bestows them with magic powers and the ability to control familiars, supervise the creation of Daka, etc. Same thing for the familiars, except they are the subject of mutations. This process isn't unlike the way some apostles create pseudo-apostles (Count and Zondark for example). By combining his powers as an apostle and a magic user, Ganishka manages to do some pretty interesting things. He probably also has the ability to communicate with his subordinates by telepathy, like Schierke with the group (instead of hair, he uses the fog).

Yes, it certainly seems like it's true that he can do some pretty interesting things by combining magic and his powers as an apostle. It really is unlike anyting we've seen before, at least.. o_O. Through we have yet to see him comminucate with telepathy, but I suppose it would be stupid to assume he couldn't do such a simple thing with all that he's already capable to do.

So, from the looks of things, I'd say that the city's now surronded and the time to escape is long gone now. Will Guts & Company nonetheless try to escape... Or will they enter the battle, fightning alongside Farne-chan's family...? At least Schierke should be able to use her magic powers to neutralize some of the tricks Ganishka or whoever will be in charge of the assault may resort to. And Guts himself should be able to inspire some good morale into the troops, slaying Dakas and all manner of familiars all around him XD.

Through for the record, I really wonder whenever Guts & Company has come to Ganishka's attention yet...? He doesn't adress them directly from what I can tell, nor seem to pay any special attention to them, thorugh he knows that something slew his precious familiars. But such a feat should be possible for even normal humans; like the trolls, the familiars are powerful, but not apostles. So chances are that he has not yet really noticed them, but if he won't in the coming battle, then I can't imagine WHAT would bring them to his attention :rolleyes:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Meanwhile, the land general's (Ganishka himself?)

I doubt that, Daiba wouldn't have called Ganishka just a general, and he wouldn't have been the one giving him the go to make his army progress.

Jhot obs said:
it shows how important this (failed) mission was for the emperor himself to come down there and yell at everyone.

It also shows that he's really full of himself. :void:

dwarfkicker said:
Hundred bucks says Guts will enter Beast mode at some point during the war.

Beast mode, eh? I bet he'll go SSJ2. :schierke: Anyway, seriously speaking, letting the Beast in control could have really grave consequences this time... Vritannis is a port, and on the beach the sea totally prevented Schierke from reaching Guts. There's no Moonlight Child to save the day if he turns on his companions this time, and for Guts to entrust himself to the armor there would need to be more than just soldiers running in the streets... So in short if it does happen, it will have important repercussions on the story IMHO, as opposed to him just struggling without losing control of himself. A comatose Guts being brought to Elfhelm in extremis by his friends? :isidro:

Jhot obs said:
And I'm sure now he knows of Guts' presence there if Daiba didn't give him the word already.

He didn't seem to care much about him actually... So I wonder if they'll take special measures or just ignore him. That's still the second time Guts annihilates a squad of familiars.

MaN said:
does she mean when the house in the forest ambushed by Griff's army

Yeah, she means that one, and it was definitely a mansion, I know I wouldn't mind living in there. :badbone:

xechnao said:
I think she was talking about that lonely house at the beach, where they found shelter.

Nope, she talks about Flora's mansion specifically. Besides, the cabin at the beach wasn't really a mansion... Schierke's line refers to the fact that Ganishka is an apostle, like those that attacked the mansion.

Dark Wanderer said:
So, from the looks of things, I'd say that the city's now surronded and the time to escape is long gone now.

Well, Guts and the group planned to get a ship anyway, and Vritannis is surrounded by the Holy See Alliance's troops. It really all depends whether they'll be able to find a vessel or not. Coincidentally (or not), I think that the seashore will be the most dangerous place to be at.

Dark Wanderer said:
Will Guts & Company nonetheless try to escape... Or will they enter the battle, fightning alongside Farne-chan's family...?

I don't think the Vandimion family will take part in the fights. They're not in the military or anything so...

Dark Wanderer said:
And Guts himself should be able to inspire some good morale into the troops, slaying Dakas and all manner of familiars all around him XD.

Actually, I'm wondering if we'll see some Daka or not. Their creation as well as handling until they mature seems to be a hassle, doubly so for a mobile army during a campaign.

Dark Wanderer said:
So chances are that he has not yet really noticed them, but if he won't in the coming battle, then I can't imagine WHAT would bring them to his attention

I think it's all about the recurrence. Happens once, twice, three times, five... Then it'll become more than just a minor annoyance. Though I'd say it's already more than that, considering that without Guts and co the leaders of the Holy See Alliance would be dead by now. And Federico did piss Ganishka off. :void:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I predict Gut's getting Ganishka's attention by 2 ways.. one he see's some sort of relationship between him (Gut's) and Griffith or Gut's kills the field general

Edited for teh spelling!

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I predict Gut's getting Ganishka's attention by 2 ways.. one he see's some sort of relationship between him (Gut's) and Griffith or Gut's kills the field general

Edited for teh spelling!

That give me an idea that Ganishka might persuade him to join his army against the hawk or something :SK:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Smith said:
That give me an idea that Ganishka might persuade him to join his army against the hawk or something :SK:

Yeah, no need for friends when you fight along with Daka and Pishacha. And if he gets wounded they'll try to devour him! Fantastic! :schierke: The best part though is that if Ganishka won against Griffith, it would still be an apostle ruling the world, something I'm sure Guts is looking forward to.

Aazealh said:
Yeah, no need for friends when you fight along with Daka and Pishacha. And if he gets wounded they'll try to devour him! Fantastic! :schierke: The best part though is that if Ganishka won against Griffith, it would still be an apostle ruling the world, something I'm sure Guts is looking forward to.

No one is free from 'The Aaz's sarcasm' :guts:  hehe

Guts might want to get even with Griffith soooo bad that he would agree to an unholy alliance. I agree with you, however, in the end result that it will not happen but not on the basis of what guts think but more because I think Ganishka is crazy mad and power hungry. Making alliances would damage his pride of being all powerful. I don't think we have been given any reason to believe that he has any weakness uptil now anyway.

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Aazealh said:
Well, Guts and the group planned to get a ship anyway, and Vritannis is surrounded by the Holy See Alliance's troops. It really all depends whether they'll be able to find a vessel or not. Coincidentally (or not), I think that the seashore will be the most dangerous place to be at.

Well, if the kushans are coming mainly from the sea, then that's where the battle will be fiercest. And I don't think it'll be easy to slip out by boat under the current conditions; at best, a ship trying to slip away now will be under heavy pressure...

I don't think the Vandimion family will take part in the fights. They're not in the military or anything so...

Yes, I know; I didn't mean it like that either :p. I more meant if they'd fight on their side, so to speak.

Actually, I'm wondering if we'll see some Daka or not. Their creation as well as handling until they mature seems to be a hassle, doubly so for a mobile army during a campaign.

Well, a small company of them might not be completely unlikely...

I think it's all about the recurrence. Happens once, twice, three times, five... Then it'll become more than just a minor annoyance. Though I'd say it's already more than that, considering that without Guts and co the leaders of the Holy See Alliance would be dead by now. And Federico did piss Ganishka off. :void:

XD. We can only wait and see whenever Ganiskha will play any attention to them or not. Perhaps he won't before Guts has slayed about half of his army.. :D

(By Smith) That give me an idea that Ganishka might persuade him to join his army against the hawk or something :SK:

Unlikely IMHO. It's not too farfetched to think that Ganishka MAY ask Guts at some point about joining him, but Guts accepting? Not unless Ganishka had something that would allow him to have a certain hold over Guts. But this situation is IMHO a bit unlikely to occur...

CnC

Ad Oculos
Theres not much doubt that Guts wouldn't aid an apostle willingly, in fact it would be natural to assume that they're all in league in Griffith. While I feel Ganishka's existence aids Griffith ascend to the throne by destroying the old kingdoms or unintentionally allying them to Griffith, Guts must seem like a useless "pebble" on that path to Ganishka. :SK:

However pebbles can trip you up sometimes :carcus:

If Ganishka WAS to bother himself with Guts, it would be interesting (to me at least) if he used him rather than ally himself with him. If Guts was tricked or was working to Ganishka's benefit unintentionally that would prove to be an interesting turn of events. Perhaps using Casca or putting her life on the line to make Guts go after Griffith. That, at the very least, would make the "beast" dilemma have another facet of interest.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
MaN said:
Guts might want to get even with Griffith soooo bad that he would agree to an unholy alliance.

Well, not even getting on that level, Smith said that Ganishka would recruit Guts in his army, so it inspired me this nice scenery of Guts defending Wyndham amongst his Daka comrades. :troll: Otherwise I'm not sure "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" can apply to this case, even if more subtle than the way Smith put it. It just doesn't seem like Guts' style to me. See my reply to CnC bellow.

Dark Wanderer said:
Well, if the kushans are coming mainly from the sea, then that's where the battle will be fiercest.

We don't know yet how many will come from the land and how many from the sea (assuming it's a pincer attack), but in any case, Daiba seems to be all about familiars and nasty tricks, so I'd expect trouble over there. I'm not sure the battle will be especially fierce in the port though. Since it's already burning, I imagine the Kushan troops will move on rapidly to burn all the town and leave only a guarding force to protect the leaders (another Makara?). And since the troops of the Holy See Alliance have settled outside the city, in the fields and on the hills nearby, I think the real battle could be fought toward the land and not at the seashore.

Vritannis_armies.jpg

That's assuming a lot though, so many things could happen and give the events another turn that I'd rather not rely too much on what we currently know.

Dark Wanderer said:
Perhaps he won't before Guts has slayed about half of his army.. :D

He'd be rather stupid then. :guts: Seriously, I think he'll do something about it at some point, possibly if/when Guts & co attempt to reach the port or help the nobles again. After all, Ganishka had knowledge of everything happening in Wyndham through the fog, so the Kushans could be well aware of them and able to ambush them at some point (Daiba didn't know what happened to the squad of casters/familiars that died on the beach though).

CnC said:
Guts must seem like a useless "pebble" on that path to Ganishka.

Indeed, and the more Ganishka will persist against him, the worse it'll be. I don't believe normal troops or even familiars can stop Guts' group at the moment. Maybe we'll get to see Schierke fighting Daiba in a magic battle? (shameless speculation :chomp:)

CnC said:
it would be interesting (to me at least) if he used him rather than ally himself with him. If Guts was tricked or was working to Ganishka's benefit unintentionally that would prove to be an interesting turn of events.

That's what I was about to reply actually. Not necessarily Ganishka coercing Guts into doing what he wants, but more like one of them working in favor of the other unintentionally.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
This is from episode 243 :

Daiba: But I'm worried about a sense of power...The power that annihilated the Harashiada group's wrath...############
Daiba: There shouldn't be anyone strong enough to be able to defeat Pishacha from the underworld on this land...########

Something surely is already worrying good old Daiba and "got his attention". However he did "sense" a unknown power so the thing that worried him was something more that Guts attempt to transform the croc men in purses and belt: Was it the power of Schierke or the power of the child (It seems unlikely that it was the power of the armor but it could be)?

And while we don't know what Griffith will do (surely if Sonja was able to foretell the attack he knows about it too and he is near-but he seems to be enjoying cakes more that fighting at present :p ) we also don't know if the child will not be somewhat involved (He is near too - even if he has vanished mysteriously he cannot have been able to go too far away)

Aazealh said:

That's a huge camp over there. One thing for sure, its supply line from the sea is being destroyed right now.
If Kushan land forces really control everything they have come across, that camp will certainly have problems on maintenance provisions.
And by this point of view, it certainly is an advantage for Kushans to use magical beasts.
How many days could they resist the Kushans?
Most propably their "nightmare" will come to its conclusion in less than a week.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
roberto999 said:
This is from episode 243

What you quoted isn't correct, the real translation was on page 2 of the 243 thread thanks to all the people that posted trash in it. Here's the real line:

Saiki said:
Daiba - But one thing that bothers me....the sense from one of the Harashada's has ended (Harashada = casters)

Daiba - There shouldn't be anyone on this land able to defeat the Pishacha's that I received from the emperor....

I just split the thread so now there can't be any confusion, Saiki's translation is the first post.

Anyway as you can see, Daiba was just puzzled at the death of his troops, he didn't sense any special power.

roberto999 said:
we also don't know if the child will not be somewhat involved (He is near too - even if he has vanished mysteriously he cannot have been able to go too far away)

While it's true that we don't know whether he'll be involved or not, or what his goals are, I have a feeling that he won't appear in public in the middle of a battle if it's not absolutely needed. I think he appeared on the beach only to meet Casca and Guts (personal belief), and that he won't get involved with other people if he can avoid it. We don't even know if he's still around or not. Anyway, interesting speculation.

xechnao said:
Most propably their "nightmare" will come to its conclusion in less than a week.

I don't think they'll last even a week, actually. (EDIT: Nothing close to a week, more like overnight, to precise my thought to xechnao)

Top Bottom