Episode 262

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Dark Wanderer said:
Well, if the kushans are coming mainly from the sea, then that's where the battle will be fiercest. And I don't think it'll be easy to slip out by boat under the current conditions; at best, a ship trying to slip away now will be under heavy pressure...
True, but the ships are not the only way to escape from the city : You could leave also by land on your own feet, and Guts with some assistance by Schierke and friends should be able to open himself a way among the Kushans troops ( the Holy See Alliance Troops will be too busy to save their lives to be a hindrance- anyway, they too can get a taste of the Kushans medicine if they should be too troublesome)

Now that I think about it: Azan?

Hi guys. I'm new here.

About this episode, I really like the way Farnese's father said. I think he care about Farnese, Gut, and others, probably, because they save him and these nobles. This is just my opinion (which I could be totally wrong). I think he (i.e., Farnese's father) know that this is really a magic (or some unexplainable supernatural thing) but he try to make people consider it as an illusion for the sake of Gut & co. including his own daughter (not all of nobles believe but he is quite powerful to make people agree on this idea). If it is true, Gut and co. might get some good support from the Vandimion family later in the story.

I'm excited to know what is going to happen next. I just hope that Gut and co. will be safe. This means that Gut should not get into the beast mode.

^While your reasons are plausible, (and in the end, he doesn't dismiss the other noble's words), he has never really cared for his daugher, which was made quite apparent only a couple episodes ago. He could be saying these things partly out of fear OF his daughter, and her new 'family' as well.

And as far as help goes, they only have monetary and political support, neither which seems to be the main concern for the group in the upcoming episodes. And neither does any of that prevent him from going into beast mode :chomp:.

Loved the scene where Ganishka appears. Let's see Vandimion explain that!

yota821 said:
And neither does any of that prevent him from going into beast mode :chomp:.

Beast mode? What is this, Transformers?

"Autohawks wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Ganishkacons!"

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
yota821 said:
He could be saying these things partly out of fear OF his daughter, and her new 'family' as well.

I think he's genuinely thankful though. And while he indeed never cared for his daughter, I don't think he's totally devoid of emotions toward her. Now like you said, the family's reputation goes first.

Smith said:
But u miss out that part that Guts may NOT want to join

Such subtlety Smith, I'm impressed. Only "persuade" implies that he would accept.

Thanks for the episode AAZ!!!!!!!!!! I barely have time to read it anymore, and everybody always posts my thoughts before I get on here. Oh well, more Berserk for everyone!!!!! :troll:

- C :zodd:

About this episode, I really like the way Farnese's father said. I think he care about Farnese, Gut, and others, probably, because they save him and these nobles. This is just my opinion (which I could be totally wrong). I think he (i.e., Farnese's father) know that this is really a magic (or some unexplainable supernatural thing) but he try to make people consider it as an illusion for the sake of Gut & co. including his own daughter (not all of nobles believe but he is quite powerful to make people agree on this idea). If it is true, Gut and co. might get some good support from the Vandimion family later in the story.
Perhaps he does care, or he's just acting, but I think he's manipulative. Even Guts sees his sharp tounge & mentions his 'toughness'.

Aazealh said:
I think he's genuinely thankful though. And while he indeed never cared for his daughter, I don't think he's totally devoid of emotions toward her. Now like you said, the family's reputation goes first.
Yeah, you might be right. I think it might be, as you said, he is just genuinely thankful and it is probably true that it is only about the family's reputation.

Also, Thanks for the episode, Aazealh. BTW, I'm Thai (but working in US now). I usually buy the Thai translation of Berserk from the Thai Bookstore here (in US). However, the latest translation is on vol. 26 and it will take a while to reach vol. 29. Waiting for the Thai translation is a hard+long process but I always buy it when it is out.

Aazealh said:
Such subtlety Smith, I'm impressed. Only "persuade" implies that he would accept.

Hmm... so i should say Tempt or Prompt?

Anyway back to the topic, will Guts be forced to fight Ganishka or his minions for the next upcoming episodes? Since there is a high chance that his ship will be burned

roberto999

Smith said:
Hmm... so i should say Tempt or Prompt?

Anyway back to the topic, will Guts be forced to fight Ganishka or his minions for the next upcoming episodes? Since there is a high chance that his ship will be burned
Ehu Smith...what is Guts doing just now? Anyway Guts is useless to Ganishka like an ally. He(Good old Ganny) has already an army,his own plans and maybe an ace or two up his sleeve about whom we know nothing about.He decisively doesn't need one more sword, and beside that he has a too big ego to ally himself with someone : slaves and minions: yes, allies: no

Smith said:

I just want to suggest some of my opinion/analysis what is going to happen in the next few episodes. Hopefully, you don't mind my following long writing. :serpico:

To predict what could happen next, I suggest that we need to consider 4 possible main players in the war right now. This includes Kushan army, Vandimion and other nobles, Guts & Co., and Griffith. Now let consider the intention & possible action of each group.

Kushan : Obviously, their intention is destroying the city and people especially all nobles. Let assume Kushan army is huge. They should surround the city by now on both land and sea. To make sure that all people in city cannot escape easily, they have to destroy all tools that can be used by the people in the city to flee. Therefore, burning ships shown in the last page of this current episode is quite logical.

Vandimion and other nobles : Well, they have to fight this war whether they like it or not. Their only choice may be either fight to protect the city & people inside or fight for fleeing from the city. From what they saw from Kushan familliars, it is quite reasonble to assume that they feel that Kushan army are strong+scary. Probably, with some suggests from Guts & Schierke (since they might trust their knowledge through the familliar incident especially Farnese's father), I like to think that they will decide to fight for fleeing from the city. Then, next question is fleeing through the land or the sea. To me, it is hard to choose between these 2 choices. Also, they might not escape as one unit (either in organized way or chaos way). Nobles might escape using different route from major soldiers or common people in the city (or probably most people beside nobles may all die in the next few episodes). However, my gut feeling say that, if Miura want to put some focus on Roderick, they will escape through sea. Or, if Griffith will interfere the war, they might escape through the land (since Sonja gave a vision that city will totally be destroyed, then, I think people will flee from the city, i.e., Griffith will not save the day for the people "in the city" but he might help people during their escape from the attack).

Guts & Co. : In my opinion, Gut want to leave this city as soon as possible. Yeah, he hate apostle but he have his lessons before. I believe, he will put his priority to protect Casca. However, Guts & Co. will be tied to the Vandimion by Farnese's feeling and ship. Ship is a possible tool for the noble to escape from the city. Vandimion is also Farnese's concern. Also, Roderick might not want to depart from Farnese too soon (therefore, he will not give a ship to Guts & Co. too easily). I believe Guts & Co. will stick with Vandimion for a while until they all (or whoever survive) escape & safe or they are all dead. This means that Guts has to fight in this war whether he like it or not. However, I see Guts' fight more like for protecting his 'family' and Vandimion. I don't think Guts will lead the army against Kushan. If Miura eventually want Gut to go to the sea, I believe Guts & Co. & Vandimion will escape from the city through the sea using the Roderick ship.

Griffith : It is quite obvious that he and his army are not far from the city since Sonja can visit the city by herself. Since he is a Godhand, he should know what is going to happen to this city. Ganishka is no stupid and he should know that Griffith might be close to where his war is...but he still declare the war and will attack city soon (actually he already start his attack). I don't know what these 2 guys think. Ganishka might be confident that he can take care Griffith's army or he might think Griffith will not interfere his attack. However, if Griffith want to join this war, I think he will try to save the nobles...again this is kinda strange since, if he want to help, he should not allow the familliars to attack the nobles before. I don't think he can predict that Guts will help these nobles. If there is no Guts, most of nobles will be dead by now. Therefore, without any confident only based on some reasoning, I think Griffith will not join this war.

In conclusion, based on what I suggest above, I suggest what might happen next in the following. Kushan will start their attack soon and plan to kill everyone in the city. This means they don't want anyone in the city live or leave. Vandimion (+nobles) and Guts&Co. will stick together in order to escape from the city, probably, by ship to show some Roderick's goody. Guts will fight to protect this group. Moreover, I think all magic users in Guts' 'family' might not be very active (or they might help in unobvious way) if other nobles are around. However, if only Vandimion is only nobles with the family, all magic users will be very active to help Gut fight (for example, Serpico will use more wind element rather than only rely on his sword skill). Of course, I think Miura will let them escape from the city and be safe (might not be everyone in Vandimion). Then, after they are safe, Guts & Co. will leave for their own journey. As I said before, probably, Griffith might not show up in this war (epecially to show up in front of nobles).

Just my opinion/analysis. This could be totally wrong and I hope that you don't complain me to put a lot of writing here.

roberto999

element_user said:
Griffith : However, if Griffith want to join this war, I think he will try to save the nobles...again this is kinda strange since, if he want to help, he should not allow the familiars to attack the nobles before. I don't think he can predict that Guts will help these nobles. If there is no Guts, most of nobles will be dead by now. Therefore, without any confident only based on some reasoning, I think Griffith will not join this war.
Aside the fact that the familiars were Ganishka familiars and Griffith obviously can not know everything that Ganishka has in mind, ( if it was otherwise Ganishka would be a complete fool to defy Griffith) the killing of the nobles would play in Griffith favor leaving a vacuum in power... but if Ganishka should destroy completely the alliance then he could concentrate entirely on Griffith and I don't know if that would be an advantage for Griffith

roberto999 said:
Aside the fact that the familiars were Ganishka familiars and Griffith obviously can not know everything that Ganishka has in mind, ( if it was otherwise Ganishka would be a complete fool to defy Griffith) the killing of the nobles would play in Griffith favor leaving a vacuum in power... but if Ganishka should destroy completely the alliance then he could concentrate entirely on Griffith and I don't know if that would be an advantage for Griffith

What you said is probably true. However, since Sonja know that this city will be under attack soon. I suppose Griffith should know about it too although there is a possibility that Sonjo don't tell Griffith (or she will tell him very late) and Griffith doesn't see it coming. Let assume that Griffith know about this attack (if he doesn't know, then he will not join this war so it is out of question).

Griffith is a good strategist and he did use assassination + suprise attack before. Griffith should be aware about this type of surprise attack to the nobles. It is possible that Ganishka can do something that Griffith cannot foresee. But, if Griffith cares about the nobles' lifes, he should send someone to guard/protect or at least keep their eyes on these nobles...which Miura didn't show anything on this...yet (this might be the case). That is why I said I don't know what in Griffith's mind. Nevertheless, I don't think he cares much about these nobles' lifes (assuming that he is aware of this attack). Maybe, he might think that Ganishka is very strong right now. Therefore, he just wait (since he doesn't care much about lifes in the city) for the right timing for the surprise attack to Ganishka and be the real winner of the war.

However, if Sonja's vision is true, the city will be totally destroyed. Vandimion and Guts & Co. will leave the city (likely by ship as my guess in the previous post). However, if they meet Griffith's army, this will create a climax event that is beyond my current vision. Hopefully not the fight between Gut and Griffith's apostle(s), it is just too much for the health of these nobles' mind. :serpico:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Elemental_user,

Nice analysis but what you stated was for the most part kinda obvious. We already knew that Griffith's army was near since Sonja and Mule were there. We also knew that the Vandimion family had acces to the ship's since Farnese had already told the group before hand that they would get a ship. Also about the nobles fleeing... well kinda obvious as well since they are not fighters/soldiers (for the most part).

Although I am curious to see who the "field" general is.... and if all or only a few of Griffith's Lt's show up... I hope one of them is Grunbeld... want to see a rematch between him (Grunbeld) and Gut's. Seeing how they are more then likely at 100% of their fighting power!!111shiftone! Seriously though, Gut's looks a whole lot better then before and I think he could give Grunbeld a run for his money in his non-apostile form!

Another thing I am wondering is if good ol Daddy Vandimion would maybe die in this little mad dash and maybe someone else take over? I'm thinking maybe not since he is such an important figure right now and they are just now building on him, but you never know in the world of berserk! :chomp:

I don't think Guts is nearly at 100% fighting capability. He just fought the tigers to gauge how much he has recovered, so I think he wants to avoid another such encounter if possible.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Hrm... yea you're right... Well then, it will be interesting to see how they avoid the fighting.... granted its kinda a give in that they will get in a few fights. Im pretty sure if that they are towing most of the Vandimion family that they are going to be kinda a big target and will be subject to many assaults.

Griffith helping out and ultimately winning the battle will do wonders for him in his path to his own kingdom. He won't pass this opportunity up because the Nobility is one group that will help him become king.

Opie

The Sex Icon
Or you could look at it from the point of view that Griffith would let most of them die off as to make his seizure of power go more smoothly. Get rid of all the political heavy weights and men that command alot of loyalty and such and he would be the only one in power right off the get go.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Opie said:
Or you could look at it from the point of view that Griffith would let most of them die off as to make his seizure of power go more smoothly. Get rid of all the political heavy weights and men that command alot of loyalty and such and he would be the only one in power right off the get go.
This scenario seemed likely early on in the Vritannis arc, but became certain, for me, when Owen elaborated on how discombobulated the nobles in Vritannis are.

yota821 said:
I don't think Guts is nearly at 100% fighting capability.  He just fought the tigers to gauge how much he has recovered, so I think he wants to avoid another such encounter if possible.

guts is never avoiding a fight due to his condition, there is one time and it was in the first book... remember he escape with that little freak when he's fighting the gards.

if he's to meet any apostles, there is no doubt he will challenge him at full speed.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Guts97 said:
guts is never avoiding a fight due to his condition

He fled and tried to avoid the H.I.C.K.s due to his condition after his fight with Rochine, though he was ultimately captured. At that time, he only fought back when he had no other choice.

Top Bottom