What kind of work out routine does one need to look like Guts?

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
No, you need massive amounts of weightlifting and a genetic predisposition towards building muscle mass.

And lots of aerobic excercise to keep the fat off.

T

T.portal-G.

Guts is about 6ft 3inch and im about 5ft 9inch. I wiegh 145 pounds Guts probably weighs 230-260. Right now i kinda got a six pack and i got some arm muscle. I use to wieght lift like crazy when i play football for my high school. But i stop because i herd that it would stunt my growth and i didn't want to look stuby looking with big muscles. I would like to definatly have Guts type of body. But how do i start now? What body part should i work on first? And what part of Guts is his strong point and does he have a weak point?

Just check out Joe DeFranco's Westside for Skinny Bastards program: http://www.defrancostraining.com/articles/archive/articles_westside.htm

This guy trains athelets but also writes a lot of articles and the results are pretty damn amazing at times. He's got guys who can bench 600 pounds. You might not be as ripped as guts but god damn you'll be strong and big.

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
T.portal-G. said:
Is 1000 situps and 1000 push ups enough?

Can you do that many o_O?

But in short that isnt what you want to do. I've seen a man who did 1000 pushups every morning and he wasn't really that big. He only looked about 140 lbs. It's kind of like lifting 100lbs 1000 times, which isnt really that much weight. That kind of exersize is more like something common among monks and stuff, which are tough but not big.

To increase muscle mass you want to step the weight up after you can easily do about 15 reps at a given weight. The situps are probably a good idea still, but after you break 100 pushups or so they are extremely easy and its time to move to a weight bench if you want your upper body size to increase more.

T

T.portal-G.

If everyone carried around a Dragon Slayer there would be no need for Jenny Craig!  If i were to train with a large sword and battle intensely would i be ripped like Guts?  Man Guts is just to ripped. :guts: I would think it take years to be as ripped as he. But Guts just gets a growth spere after becoming the Leader of the Hawks Raiders and is covered in muscles.  I wish it was that easy.  :judo:

T.portal-G. said:
Guts is about 6ft 3inch and im about 5ft 9inch. I wiegh 145 pounds Guts probably weighs 230-260.  Right now i kinda got a six pack and i got some arm muscle. I use to wieght lift like crazy when i play football for my high school.  But i stop because i herd that it would stunt my growth and i didn't want to look stuby looking with big muscles.  I would like to definatly have Guts type of body.  But how do i start now? What body part should i work on first? And what part of Guts is his strong point and does he have a weak point?

No.

Please try and stunt your growth cause you'd be the first to definately do it. I think the only way to stunt your growth is if you constantly weight lift, but do it so much that your body doesn't get a chance to rest. (which reverses your work out anyway, because one of the most important parts of weightlifting is resting, and any bodybuilder will tell you that)

And never work on a body part first (and forget about the others) unless it falls behind the rest of your body, but even in that case, you should work out everything else too but concentrate on that body part at the beginning of your exercise. it's called the priority principal.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
I can't remember who it was that I seen a picture of here that was really buff. I think it was Saiyan. I remember saying to myself "that guy could break me in half". He didn't look like guts more like zodd in human form but a way more handsome face. :carcus:

CnC

Ad Oculos
handsome rakshas said:
I can't remember who it was that I seen a picture of here that was really buff. I think it was Saiyan. I remember saying to myself "that guy could break me in half". He didn't look like guts more like zodd in human form but a way more handsome face. :carcus:

hear that, saiyajinnoouji? you have an admirer.

handsome rakshas said:

That was Mal or Mel or something. Try looking back a few pages for his "Workout Advice" thread.

Venus

if only...
  I'm with Bob, poke yourself in the eye but then you have to stop making stupid threads, this way you have more time to visit your local gym.  Don't forget to send pictures BTW.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Venus said:
I'm with Bob, poke yourself in the eye but then you have to stop making stupid threads, this way you have more time to visit your local gym. Don't forget to send pictures BTW.

cutting off your left arm could help too. At least with the typing ability

T

T.portal-G.

I'm with Bob, poke yourself in the eye but then you have to stop making stupid threads, this way you have more time to visit your local gym.  Don't forget to send pictures BTW.
Sorry if you feel that my questions are stupid but i went to the gym last night.  My friend is starting me up with his strict workout routine.  Im working out now to start playing football so i guess i just wanted advice not criticism on how to work out. I guess that sometimes i get carried away with making threads even though i only made three.  Ill try to be more considerate about what i ask from now on. 

Guts cheats though. Instead of sleeping he fights all night.

So here is the plan guys we get us some PCP each night to fend off sleep and get us ready to fight.

At 6'1" 220 I already look like guts. :guts:

Guts is not big, in my mind. He's got power for his mass. Just look at the strongest guys in the world, they are big ! We can't see their abs tho.. If ou want too look like him, I think you should get some weight (muscles not fat) and then change a little bit our training.. like less weight and more repetition, it will burn the "fat" around the muscles. Find the right weight to lift about 20 repetitions. I bet you already know what are the effects on the body when you change the number of repetitions (and change the weight.. you've got to be able to lift !)

Every Guts single muscles are developed.. it's amazing. It's a manga, not true.

(Sorry for the english.. it's been a while..)

Mo

The Warrior
Guts is too small my friend; think ZODD...muahahahahahahaha  :zodd:

Buy yourself a 60lb. sword and swing it up and down a thousand times throughout the day. :guts:

Top Bottom