Episode 263

omg! need.. translation.. cant.. understand.. scribles.. lol
someone! anyone! translate this eps pleaaaaasseee!
i wanna know what Guts says to Owen! :judo:

CnC

Ad Oculos
fuxberg said:
omg! need.. translation.. cant.. understand.. scribles.. lol
someone! anyone! translate this eps pleaaaaasseee!
i wanna know what Guts says to Owen! :judo:

As of right now, nothing! Zing!!!

Thanks again Aazealh.  :serpico:

Casca's look at Roderick was beautiful, as with how Roderick broke the ice between him and Guts. Farnese's last look at her dad before she left was a very touching moment for her. Sad to see her go without saying goobye.

Looking forward next 2 weeks from now to see Guts' answer :guts:.

Thanks for the scans, nice episode :)
Mannnn, and the rest of the group isn't paying attention when Owen ask Guts about him!!

Miura is killing me >_<

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Subarashii~~... thanks, Aaz! You rock -- igneous style :void:

The episode was worth the wait overall. I'm excited about Owen asking cornering Guts and asking a question about his past.. knowing Guts, he'll either not answer or avoid it with something like "In a past life". It seemed more significant to me, because I bought volume 29 and read the part where Isidro is rabbiting on about how cool the Taichou of the Hawks Raiders was -- while Guts was present and not speaking out... it think someone already said "Shivers down the Spine" :badbone:

The prospects for the next few episodes has me very excited. I cannot wait to see how the escape will develop or to see how much of a slaughter we'll have on our hands in Vritannis.

Miura had me on tenter-hooks once again :miura:

Thanks for the episode!

Btw, it seems Guts-fish has gained to form a relationship with some really influential people.
Perhaps Griffith's tale or fable will have to face complications it wasn't made to.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Anyway, Guts butchering Daka sure would be nice. :guts:
Let the slaughtering of the fodder begin!!!! :chomp:

xechnao said:
Perhaps Griffith's tale or fable will have to face complications it wasn't made to.
Yeah, with some influential nobles and military men on Guts' side, Griffith may find a little more resistance than he was expecting.  I think though, in the end, it probably won't matter since Griffith will still have Causality on his side. :griff:

I thought about it some more today and now I'm really starting to get a sneaking suspicion that Magnifico may eventually be the one to use the Behelit...total speculation at this point, though. :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Yeah, with some influential nobles and military men on Guts' side

Don't be too quick saying they're on Guts' side against Griffith though, nothing is done for now. But yeah, I sort of always expected Federico Vandimion not to become a mere puppet in Griffith's hands. At the moment it doesn't mean much though, we'll have to wait for more development.

Looking over this episode again, I'm still blown away by the detail in the Kushan forces. Especially the Daka; back in volume 27, they looked great, but the 2-page spread of them as they're marching from the port (from an unseen Kushan ship I assume) as ships are burning is truly an eerie sight.

Especially right after crocodiles simultaneously take out a group of people and that other 2-page spread of demon tigers chowing down on the local denizens. :beast:

Images like these are proof quality takes time.

Anyway, with the group (with Roderick and Magnifico) leaving the ball, I wonder what's going to happen to the Vandimions and how Roderick will handle seeing Kushan forces assaulting the port they're off to.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
Images like these are proof quality takes time.

Yeah it's true they're gorgeous. You know what I like? Roderick removing his sword belt and leaving it at the ball. Now that's detail. Schierke & Isidro high fiving was great, too. Not to mention Puck starting on persecuting Magnifico. :guts:

But yeah, I sort of always expected Federico Vandimion not to become a mere puppet in Griffith's hands. At the moment it doesn't mean much though, we'll have to wait for more development.

Yeah but those who were his puppets in the past didn't realize that they were dancing to his tune.

Aazealh said:
Yeah it's true they're gorgeous. You know what I like? Roderick removing his sword belt and leaving it at the ball. Now that's detail. Schierke & Isidro high fiving was great, too.
Good eye, Aaz. :void: I didn't see that; where does Roderick leave it in the episode? Great seeing Miura finds a way to squeeze in insignificant, but entertaining, detail into the story. My favorite little details are the funny looks Casca gives to people. Case in point: the "Bui..." face she made as Roderick was talking to Farnese. :casca:
Aazealh said:
Not to mention Puck starting on persecuting Magnifico. :guts:
Do you know what Puck meant with "Nice to meet you, Manihiko-san?" Looked kind of funny, especially with Magnifico's trademark "WTF" look.  :serpico:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Not to mention Puck starting on persecuting Magnifico. :guts:
Oh man, the promise of comedy to come is too great! :guts: I wonder if, in the future, Magnifico will keep trying to convince himself the Puck and Evarella are illusions. :beast:

Thanks for the episode, Aaz! 'Twas awesome.

Speaking of details, it must be cold outside, because, in the last two pages especially, everytime someone speaks they breathe out steam/water vapour/whatever you call it. At first I thought Guts was smoking something in the last panel, but then I realised he was just breathing. Then I looked back and realised everyone was doing it.

Either that or Ganishka mist coincidentally floats passed their mouths every time they speak.

Rhombaad said:
Oh man, the promise of comedy to come is too great! :guts:  I wonder if, in the future, Magnifico will keep trying to convince himself the Puck and Evarella are illusions. :beast:
Now that would be funny. :serpico:

On a more serious note, with Magnifico and Roderick heading with the group to the port, anyone else thinking they're going to be part of the story past Vritannis? Roderick's going to be supplying the warship (should it be intact when they get to the port) to Skellig, but what of Magnifico? He's got some internal problems I have no problem seeing Miura handle and unless he's offed (no more funny faces if it happens :judo:) or someone saves him (perhaps Azan's chance for a re-entrance), I can't see him leaving the group at the port.
krumm47 said:
Speaking of details, it must be cold outside, because, in the last two pages especially, everytime someone speaks they breathe out steam/water vapour/whatever you call it. At first I thought Guts was smoking something in the last panel, but then I realised he was just breathing. Then I looked back and realised everyone was doing it.

Either that or Ganishka mist coincidentally floats passed their mouths every time they speak.
I'd say it's a combination of Ganishka's mist and a very cold night for Vritannis.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Jhot obs said:
where does Roderick leave it in the episode?

Bottom right panel of page 15, top right panel of page 16.

Jhot obs said:
My favorite little details are the funny looks Casca gives to people.

Haha yeah, I like that too.

Jhot obs said:
Do you know what Puck meant with "Nice to meet you, Manihiko-san?"

Hiko is for males like hime is for females, an honorific way to beautifully describe a man. Notice the heart in Puck's sentence, that's why Magnifico freaked out.

Rhombaad said:
I wonder if, in the future, Magnifico will keep trying to convince himself the Puck and Evarella are illusions.

I think he'll most likely just be the constant victim of their teasing and mischievousness. :void:

Jhot obs said:
anyone else thinking they're going to be part of the story past Vritannis? Roderick's going to be supplying the warship (should it be intact when they get to the port) to Skellig, but what of Magnifico?

Yeah, Roderick is going to be leading them on the sea, and Magnifico will apparently join them too, although he doesn't seem too happy about it (sort of the "less bad" choice, since staying in Vritannis...). That's why he's heading out with them, he's obviously not planning to just wave them good bye as they sail away. :SK:

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
Thanks Aaz! Great episode. First off, Casca's face on the middle panel on page 13 is priceless.
Second, the Daka spread is gorgeously illustrated. Third, only two more weeks till the next episode.
AND FINALLY, I still think those kitty cats are cute.

D

darkbane

***tips his hat to Aaz in great respect***

Great episode. Looks like Guts is about to get involved in something bothersome again. His party will find out about him, probably, and things are gonna spiral down from there :S I hope there's no way for Owen to influence Guts to stay for the good of Midland, or something. There shouldn't, but then why have this encounter? (except possibly to tie up loose ends or introduce Guts to his own crew properly, I dunno)

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
Hiko is for males like hime is for females, an honorific way to beautifully describe a man. Notice the heart in Puck's sentence, that's why Magnifico freaked out.
That's fantastic!   :puck: > Magnifico

darkbane said:
I hope there's no way for Owen to influence Guts to stay for the good of Midland, or something. There shouldn't, but then why have this encounter? (except possibly to tie up loose ends or introduce Guts to his own crew properly, I dunno)
I don't think he's going to try to influence Guts to stay and fight for the armies being amassed by the Holy See, but if for some reason he does, there's no way Guts will do it right now.  His one goal at the moment is to heal Casca.  They're going to Elfhelm one way or another and I don't think anyone/anything is going to stop him.

Vetrox

Bring it you mumin!
Nice ep, well worth the wait. Thanks Aazealh!

At last Owen says hello! :serpico:

Don't you think the water splashes out wierd on page three? Kinda too straight, makes me think of fireworks. Well, not that I've seen alot of two-ton crocodiles ambushing people out of water...

Top Bottom