Episode 263

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Vetrox said:
Don't you think the water splashes out wierd on page three? Kinda too straight, makes me think of fireworks. Well, not that I've seen alot of two-ton crocodiles ambushing people out of water...

I don't know, it doesn't strike me as being too much. Look at this picture of a tiger for example, water does get splashed quite a bit, now imagine it with much more power from several Pishacha... It's not as big as this in the episode, but you get the idea.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Walter said:
by special request, pages 8 and 9 (the Daka spread) joined:
Oh your good but with my help you could be the best. :SK:

Anyways though, thanks Aaz and Co.

Well I think its a setup.... lets see who is going on board the ship... Gut`s and Co, Roderick, and Magnifico.... I think Roderick is working for either Ganishka or Griffith. Gut`s doesn't trust Roderick one bit and it pretty much made evedint in the near end pages when they introduce themselves to each other.

With daddy Vandimion back in the City and the son on ship.. who`s to say that he wont lead them to some place for an ambush or a waiting force.. not like anyone in the group REALLY knows the direction to Elfhelm.... Just my thought.

Also with Owen I believe it really wont make a difference if Gut`s introduces himself and tells him about what happened in the Eclipse... When there is this much chaos from the attack and if/when Griffith comes and saves everyone, they wont care who he is but will be grateful to the point that they would follow him.

Also Roderick said that he finished his mission... what mission is that? and for certain for who? Tis a mystery!!! :carcus:

I think this is more then ever the place where we will start to see some good plot twists! :void:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I think its a setup.... lets see who is going on board the ship... Gut`s and Co, Roderick, and Magnifico.... I think Roderick is working for either Ganishka or Griffith. Gut`s doesn't trust Roderick one bit and it pretty much made evedint in the near end pages when they introduce themselves to each other.
Hmmmm, Roderick as a double-agent...that would complicate things quite a bit. Like you said, he is the only one who knows of Skellig Island. :SK:

C

cajunman380

HI all im new to the forum. i just want to say that miura is a master at his trade. that said...

did anyone notice the look federico gave as he saw farnese leave with the group, what was that about?

also. the reason its cold is because its winter time. if you recall a few episodes back it was snowing near the vandimion estate and i assume its at or near virtannis. my guess anyways.

Also, why did roderick leave his sword and belt. given the situation wouldnt it make snese to have some sort of weapon at ready. unless hes confident the group hes in can handle it or that hes screwed either way. thoughts?

btw i just love how roderick keeps his cool throughout the entire episode.

SaiyajinNoOuji

cajunman380 said:
HI all im new to the forum. i just want to say that miura is a master at his trade. that said...

did anyone notice the look federico gave as he saw farnese leave with the group, what was that about?

also. the reason its cold is because its winter time. if you recall a few episodes back it was snowing near the vandimion estate and i assume its at or near virtannis. my guess anyways.

Also, why did roderick leave his sword and belt. given the situation wouldnt it make snese to have some sort of weapon at ready. unless hes confident the group hes in can handle it or that hes screwed either way. thoughts?

btw i just love how roderick keeps his cool throughout the entire episode.
Welcome Cajunman380!

yes it would make sense to carry a weapon.. also with him staying cool in this situation just adds more to the suspicion... its true that Gut`s and the band are staying cool as well but that`s because they have been through this before...

I think there are going to be some battles on the high seas! YARRRRRRRR!

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
yes it would make sense to carry a weapon.. also with him staying cool in this situation just adds more to the suspicion... its true that Gut`s and the band are staying cool as well but that`s because they have been through this before...
Yeah, I hadn't noticed before Aaz posted that he left his weapon behind...that is pretty suspicious. He better watch himself, seeing as how Guts isn't a very forgiving kinda guy. :chomp:

Oh, and welcome to the board, cajunman380! :serpico:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Well I think its a setup.... lets see who is going on board the ship... Gut`s and Co, Roderick, and Magnifico.... I think Roderick is working for either Ganishka or Griffith.

Haha, I don't think that's likely honestly, though I've found Roderick suspicious from day one. I'm like Casca, just don't trust him for some reason. :SK: But I don't think he's a double agent or anything, just a really ambitious young noble, not excessively reliable.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
who`s to say that he wont lead them to some place for an ambush or a waiting force.. not like anyone in the group REALLY knows the direction to Elfhelm.... Just my thought.

Well, Puck does. And Magnifico is Roderick's friend, they're always plotting together. Roderick isn't planning to let his marriage be a failure.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also with Owen I believe it really wont make a difference if Gut`s introduces himself and tells him about what happened in the Eclipse... When there is this much chaos from the attack and if/when Griffith comes and saves everyone, they wont care who he is but will be grateful to the point that they would follow him.

Well, if Guts tells Owen that Griffith shouldn't be trusted, it could make him warier once he'll meet him (with the apostle army and the rest, it could eventually influence his opinion).

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Also Roderick said that he finished his mission... what mission is that? and for certain for who? Tis a mystery!!!

He came to deliver a letter from his sovereign/leader, he wasn't here to fight at all unlike what we originally thought. He even says that since his mission is complete he doesn't have any reason to stay since the people in Vritannis are from a different sect, though inside of the same ecclesiastical authority (sect is like a "branch" or a "division" here, not Scientology). It's actually kind of conflicting with the "captain of the fleet" title Magnifico gave him in episode 252 (which was a bit vague anyway), so I'm not so sure anymore about what his rank exactly is. But apparently he's not leading any troops and never planned to fight the war.

skethee2 said:
Those demon beast with bows reminds me of the Urukais from Lord of the Rings

They're not bows but ancient Indian weapons. We saw the Daka first in episode 232.

cajunman380 said:
HI all im new to the forum.

Hi cajunman, welcome to the board! :serpico:

cajunman380 said:
Also, why did roderick leave his sword and belt.

He just left the belt, the sword was broken during his fight with a tiger in episode 261.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Aazealh said:
He just left the belt, the sword was broken during his fight with a tiger in episode 261.
Oh duh...shows how much I'm paying attention. Anyway, it's not like he could do much damage with it on the way to the ship...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Rhombaad said:
Anyway, it's not like he could do much damage with it on the way to the ship...

Indeed not. Anyway, from what he tells the others the ships he's overseeing are outside of the harbor, so they shouldn't be burning with the rest. The nobles are also planning to leave the ball room and head for the city hall, which is supposedly safer. Interesting to note that the leader of the Holy See (let's call him the Sovereign Pontiff) is near Vritannis, he was supposed to be there but apparently felt bad and couldn't come.

Ahhhhh WHAT'S TO COME?!?!?!
Well...finally o' finally they will all board the ship and leave....(u think Magnifico will stay with them?)
The city will be trashed and Griffith and Co. will prob come and save the day(can't wait to see Zodd again)...altho remembering Sonja's premonition...i think the city has no chance...
In the future I see at least one sea battle....the Kushan ship comes to mind....and maybe those pirates will make an appearance again....just for kicks.....
Ahhhh i can't wait to see what new famaliars are to come.....OOOO SHARKS....with arms....and uhhh YEA!!!
Hahahaha things are gettin crazy again!!! BERSERK BABY!!! :chomp: :guts:

Proj2501 said:
Well...finally o' finally they will all board the ship and leave....(u think Magnifico will stay with them?)
I'd say there's a strong chance of that happening. He can't very well be left watching them leave the doomed city he'd be stuck in if he did.
Proj2501 said:
The city will be trashed and Griffith and Co. will prob come and save the day(can't wait to see Zodd again)...altho remembering Sonja's premonition...i think the city has no chance...
It's pretty much doomed; only question is who survives when the sun comes up and how that happens IMO. I expect/hope Griffith will come in and mop up, but who knows what he thinks of Sonia's prediction (I assume he knows it). At least Irvine's with him.
Proj2501 said:
In the future I see at least one sea battle....the Kushan ship comes to mind.
I hope that happens too. :guts: Roderick said his ship was a warship and cannons are on Daiba's ship, so I hope Miura flexes his artistic muscles further with a seaside battle. Don't know if Roderick's got a crew waiting for him there, so it might not exactly be a fair navel battle for Guts and company.

A note on episode 263: Roderick is really really attached to Farnese; a woman he didn't know existed a few days ago. Probably all the excitement that comes from being around her. And still planning on marrying her someday. :schierke:

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Jhot obs said:
I'd say there's a strong chance of that happening. He can't very well be left watching them leave the doomed city he'd be stuck in if he did.It's pretty much doomed; only question is who survives when the sun comes up and how that happens IMO. I expect/hope Griffith will come in and mop up, but who knows what he thinks of Sonia's prediction (I assume he knows it). At least Irvine's with him.I hope that happens too.  :guts: Roderick said his ship was a warship and cannons are on Daiba's ship, so I hope Miura flexes his artistic muscles further with a seaside battle. Don't know if Roderick's got a crew waiting for him there, so it might not exactly be a fair navel battle for Guts and company.
Yeah, there's no doubt that Griff knows what's coming. The fact that Daiba is also on a warship is very promising for a sea battle, and I agree with you that it'll definitely be somethin' to see, what with Miura's artistic skills improving by the episode. :miura: = THE MAN!

Jhot obs said:
A note on episode 263: Roderick is really really attached to Farnese; a woman he didn't know existed a few days ago. Probably all the excitement that comes from being around her. And still planning on marrying her someday.  :schierke:
Seriously. He's an interesting guy. Gotta wonder what's going on in his mind during all this uproar.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Proj2501 said:
(u think Magnifico will stay with them?)

Well, like I said, he's pretty much said he would, so yes.

Jhot obs said:
I expect/hope Griffith will come in and mop up, but who knows what he thinks of Sonia's prediction (I assume he knows it).

Actually, nothing really shows us that he knows about Sonia's premonition for Vritannis in the manga, so it's hard to say.

Jhot obs said:
Roderick said his ship was a warship and cannons are on Daiba's ship, so I hope Miura flexes his artistic muscles further with a seaside battle. Don't know if Roderick's got a crew waiting for him there, so it might not exactly be a fair navel battle for Guts and company.

I think we'll get to see one or more maritime battles, now whether it'll be with Daiba or not... Daiba's leading the attack on Vritannis after all, he can't do that and go after fugitives at the same time, so I think it's compromised, at least for the time being. About Roderick's crew, since they're not in the port, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

Jhot obs said:
Roderick is really really attached to Farnese; a woman he didn't know existed a few days ago. Probably all the excitement that comes from being around her. And still planning on marrying her someday.

I think he's mostly just not abandoned his plan to marry her yet, like he tells Magnifico. He's a cunning guy, and while I don't say he doesn't feel anything for her at all, he also has a lot to gain from that marriage.

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie, and it is a long time since i read the previous episodes of berserk... and I have no print of Owen in my memory.
Is there a personn kind enough to remind me who is Owen ?

Thanks

SaiyajinNoOuji

flabiel said:
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie, and it is a long time since i read the previous episodes of berserk... and I have no print of Owen in my memory.
Is there a personn kind enough to remind me who is Owen ?

Thanks
Hiya and welcome to the board Flabiel! Owen was one of the nobles from back in the Golden age of the hawks who liked them and Griffith and wished them well. From the looks of it he has quite a bit more responsibility with the remains of the Midland country.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Owen is most commonly associated with Raban, his friend. Back when Griffith caught the eye of the king, and subsequently rose in stature and rank, he was received mostly with disdain by the nobility. It was Owen and Raban (also of the nobility) who were the exceptions and saw Griffith for his potential. As of late they've been helpless witnesses to the downfall of Midland

EDIT: yea, pretty much what siaya said. Also, welcome to the boards!

Also, heres the link to the encyclopedia:
http://skullknight.net/encyclopedia/index.html

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Hi flabiel, welcome to the board. :SK:

To remind yourself of the "old" characters in Berserk, you can check the character section of the Berserk Enclycopedia.

Owen is a noble that supported Griffith during the Golden Age, or at least wasn't outright against him. He and Raban (another noble) are close friends, and they're pretty much the only nobles that gave Griffith his chance and recognised him for what he was at the time.

EDIT: Bah, you guys reply too fast. :void:

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p
Whoohoo! Thanks for the new epiosde! ^_^.

Hmm, just like I suspected, the kushans apparently did bring some Daka with them, not only Pishacha. But daamn! I wanna know what Guts will reply to Owen... And now it seems like Puck as gotten someone new to tease XD. It used to be Farnese, now it's her brother.

Hmm. If the city's truly doomed... Then do you think this is the last we'll see of Farne-chan's mother and father...?

A little unexpected that Magnifico would follow them, but I suppose some natural cowardice plays a part here - he doesn't seem to be too fond at being in the "hot spot" XD. Besides, I suppose that anyone who has seen Guts in action will try to stay close to him in a battle... Like most others, I'm a bit surprised that Roderick's offer came this fast... o_O. But I suppsoe he has his reasons... ^_-

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Dark Wanderer said:
Hmm. If the city's truly doomed... Then do you think this is the last we'll see of Farne-chan's mother and father...?

The townpeople don't seem to panic that much though, they're on the roofs like if they were looking at fireworks. I guess they need some time to understand the situation. Anyway, about the Vandimions, I don't think they'll meet their end here, Federico in particular seemed quite resourceful. No certitude of course, but I feel that his character could prove to be very interesting in later story developments.

Dark Wanderer said:
A little unexpected that Magnifico would follow them, but I suppose some natural cowardice plays a part here - he doesn't seem to be too fond at being in the "hot spot" XD.

Yeah, and he's got to escape his father's wrath. :void:

Dark Wanderer said:
I'm a bit surprised that Roderick's offer came this fast... o_O. But I suppsoe he has his reasons... ^_-

Well again, he's not planning to let his and Magnifico's plan go to waste, so he doesn't have a lot of choices if he still wants to marry Farnese. Letting her go now would probably mean never seeing her again.

thanks Aazealh for the episode

that's a surprise that events occurred so fast. Anyway, I didn't wait that Owen questions Guts so early about the band of the hawk.

Top Bottom