Episode 263

finally,

great episode~~ kinda suprise roderick will offer to help them. i was thinking Vandimion will offer them the ship if they help him to clear those nasty monsters. (a typical rpg storyline :serpico:)

didnt even realise that is Owen at the end until i checked this board. Guts hasnt been recognized as a formal Hawk Soldier for quite awhile already...

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Yeah! Thank you for the so waited episode !
The occurance of Owen, kinda prepared with that discussion in Vritannis about mercenaries and hawks, is sweetthing happening. I hope the character of Owen can be developed a bit and not ebb next ep!
Anyway, as for the ship story, i am under the feeling i'm the only one not surprised at all by the teaming with Roderick and all. Causality makes it so simply : Guts wants a boat, Rod has a boat and wants Farnese, who fallows Guts. Lil unescapable circle!^^
Wait and see... :beast:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
kubricka said:
i was thinking Vandimion will offer them the ship if they help him to clear those nasty monsters.

Remember what Magnifico had told Farnese in the gardens though, Federico Vandimion himself couldn't get a ship if he wanted because they're all requisitioned for the war. Roderick is the only one that could provide them one "legally", thanks to his status in the military (though his rank isn't as clear as it first seemed).

*Gyom* said:
i am under the feeling i'm the only one not surprised at all by the teaming with Roderick and all.

Actually I think most people were expecting or at least considering it, it was the most likely out of all the possible scenarios (stealing another ship, using the ship Farnese' mother came with, etc), especially since they need a captain (and a crew). But it's true that it came fast while the last few episodes didn't hint at it, I think that's why people are surprised. Roderick also previously seemed to have some authority and implication in Vritannis (with the document allowing Guts & co to take any ship) while in the end he was only passing by and doesn't appear to have ties with anybody except Magnifico.

puella

Berserk forever
Smith said:
Btw do u guys think Guts will tell him honestly his identity to Owen or he will just come up with some excuses like "who is this person or u got the wrong guy?"
I also wonder about that much. I don't think Guts will just reply "yes" or "no" from what I've read of the manga. Then what? :puck:

I just guess something could interrupt them at that moment. I even thought Owen might recognize Casca, too. :isidro:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I'd love it if serpico or the like overheard. Them realizing they're in the presence of the hundred man slayer (+a couple extra numbers for history's sake :guts:)would prove entertaining. But I suppose its set up so that it's unlikely.

Noid

fuusshhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhhhhhHHHH
I want to see Isidro's face when he realizes that Guts was the Hawk Raider Commander...:isidro: if it happens in the next episode. Also, there will be a moment which Guts will have to explain his past to the others...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Noid said:
Also, there will be a moment which Guts will have to explain his past to the others...
The most obvious catalyst for this, to me, is when the band encounters the Band. It'd be a good opportunity for Guts to explain his relationship to Griffith. Farnese saw a bit of it in ep 175...

poodeta said:
but dag nabbit no Azan again
He'll show up again; Miura/Idea brought him to Vritannis to play a role. What that role is, is completely unknown at the moment.  :???: The group's moving on foot to the port after Farnese's done changing clothes, so I'd like to imagine they'd run into Azan maybe duking it out with a daka (or losing to a group of them), but we'll see.
Noid said:
I want to see Isidro's face when he realizes that Guts was the Hawk Raider Commander...:isidro:
I suspect it would look like that emoticon.

Though I wonder what Owen wants of Guts; he doesn't know about Guts' fallout with Griffith, so I think it's likely he'll ask about Griffith and what happened with the Band of the Hawk. After Guts responds to his first question, of course.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Owen and Raban always acted outside the nobility (or consensus) when Griffith first came on to the scene. Wouldn't it be a wonderful contradiction if they once again became the exceptions and didn't trust the new Griffith (or at least weren't just more blind sheep). Guts has the opportunity to make that happen :guts:

:miura: : CnC, stop reading my plot notebook!

CnC said:
I'd love it if serpico or the like overheard. Them realizing they're in the presence of the hundred man slayer (+a couple extra numbers for history's sake :guts:)would prove entertaining. But I suppose its set up so that it's unlikely.

It wouldnt be much of a surprise either... Given his extraordinary strength and skills...

Who knows if the entire episode 264 is about Owen and Guts conversation... and Guts explaining the whole event to Owen... And probably even the entire group if they overheard his conversation...

Serp, Isidro and Scherike expression would be priceless though haha...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Noid said:
I want to see Isidro's face when he realizes that Guts was the Hawk Raider Commander...:isidro: if it happens in the next episode. Also, there will be a moment which Guts will have to explain his past to the others...
I had mentioned this in another thread on the emotional impact on him if/when he finds out about Gut's past... I think it would shake him up quite a bit. Not only is he working Gut's The Black Swordsman but also Gut's the former Raid commander for the Band of the Hawk! Its like double penetration! :isidro:

BiQ_

" ... "
Smith said:
Who knows if the entire episode 264 is about Owen and Guts conversation... and Guts explaining the whole event to Owen... And probably even the entire group if they overheard his conversation...

If you're referring to the Eclipse, I really don't believe that Guts would open up about it to Owen. He didn't want even his new family to know about his past, so why would he talk about it to a complete stranger? (If I have missed the part where Owen and Guts decided to be close friends, please enlighten me)

Moreover, I think that Owen's next question will be something like "will you help us fight these Kushan attackers?".

SaiyajinNoOuji

BiQ-- said:
If you're referring to the Eclipse, I really don't believe that Guts would open up about it to Owen. He didn't want even his new family to know about his past, so why would he talk about it to a complete stranger? (If I have missed the part where Owen and Guts decided to be close friends, please enlighten me)

Moreover, I think that Owen's next question will be something like "will you help us fight these Kushan attackers?".
Better yet Owen may think that he is still part of Griffith's group! :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
I'd love it if serpico or the like overheard. Them realizing they're in the presence of the hundred man slayer (+a couple extra numbers for history's sake :guts:)would prove entertaining.

Well, I don't want to minimize the one hundred slaying feat, but with what they saw of Guts already, that shouldn't be too impressive nor surprising to them. A glorious past to an exceptional swordsman, nothing too hard to deduce IMO. Although Isidro would be delighted I guess.

The big question would be "why isn't he part of the Hawks anymore?" for someone like Owen, since their disappearance was never linked to the red lake. From these guys' point of view, Griffith and his troops could have gone into hiding for a couple of years, and are now coming back to protect Midland. Both BiQ-- and Jhot obs have plausible question possibilities considering this.

It could vary from "Are Griffith and the Hawks nearby?", "Did you come to help protect Vritannis?", "So the Hawks are really back to defend Midland!" to "What happened 3 years ago?" or "The Hawks have supporters in Midland"... Whatever it is, it should prove to be interesting.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I concur good sir! :serpico:

I'm also wondering what will happen if he(Owen) recognizes Casca.

Would be pretty awkward to say the least if Casca started to have one of her moments and began to snack on some part of Owen's clothes :casca:

EDITED for teh proper spellings!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I'm also wondering what will happen if he(Owen) recognizes Casca.

Yeah, I also thought about that. It's not impossible at all, and again, Serpico himself could put two and two together with only a little help since he seems to know about the various armies. The famous black skinned female leader of the Hawks called Casca... Learning about Guts would surely do the trick, in a "Then!! Could it be!?" fashion. And after that, the real question. What happened at that time? How did it come to this? (meaning Casca losing her mind, Guts becoming the Black Swordsman, etc)

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
The possibilities are quite numerous it seems! :guts: The next episode just cant get here soon enough it seems :judo:

Yeah, I don't think all of this will happen in the next episode though, but Farnese will need time to change her clothes (she's got to remove her corset :carcus:), so meanwhile... The answer in two weeks. :void:

SaiyajinNoOuji

Aazealh said:
Yeah, I don't think all of this will happen in the next episode though, but Farnese will need time to change her clothes (she's got to remove her corset :carcus:), so meanwhile... The answer in two weeks. :void:

Or atleast we hope so :puck:

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
gutscrutch.jpg
gutscrutch2.jpg

Blast from the past. Griff gave me the idea.

Top Bottom