NEW ITEM: God Hand: Guts & Slan

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace
Hey, I saw this on the AOW website today. Kinda interested... no idea what it'll be like though.

NEW ITEM: God Hand: Guts & Slan
Open for order by 16 September (Japan time: 11:00 am).
Thank you for your attention.

If it's a full out 1/10 scale diorama with full figures of Guts and Slan, I will be one happy ass mofo.

That Puck and Evarella set is really nice too. Too bad it's only a YA exclusive. Yahoo Auctions, here I come!

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I imagine it's going to be a diorama of the Qliphoth scene, probably Slan holding Guts with her wings or having him in her arms. Interesting.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I really think this sounds interesting. I hope they have a picture up soon; I'm pumped! Especially if it's a diorama of the Qliphoth scene. :zodd:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Our good friend JIN managed to obtain pictures of this upcoming release, I re-assembled them so that they'd be clearer and removed the trash, that should be enough to give people an idea of what it's going to be like.

Here's the link (a bit too big to be displayed here)

I personally like it very much. With this and the recent Femto diorama, I'm glad to see that AOW still can produce original and interesting stuff. Keep up doing items like these and drop the marble beherit project guys (I'm joking about marble, in case some wonder).

Otherwise, it'll feature a plate with a serial number (as usual), and the price is set as 34,650円 [~$316] (subject to slight change depending on the tax).

SMZKAH

Wow, that's really nifty looking. I'm glad AOW is coming out with some newer more original statues.

Aazealh said:
34,650円 [~$316] (subject to slight change depending on the tax).

Any word on the size/scale? I'd imagine it's decent based solely on the price tag.

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I'm most likely on board to get this. But, is it just me or does that picture make the statue look glossy? Can anyone explain? :???: I just sold some stuff to prep the money for this. :guts: Thanks for the pics! I just got them through email a little while ago, but that one is much larger than what I have.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
wow! maybe I might actually order this one. (I planned to rob a bank so I could afford the metal zodd. I don't know if its the statue that I want or the "Grand wooden box" that sounds awesome.)

grendelrt said:
OMG that looks insane, I jsut got the invoice for my Femto today too. I just dont think I can afford this one :/

Yeah, I got my Femto invoice today too. It's hard to keep up with all these AOW releases. That $400 Zoddo II was no joke either.

You should try selling some non-Berserk stuff to afford this Guts/Slan piece, because it might be VERY hard to get this statue in the future. The new Femto statue has already sold twice on YJ for over $350, closer to $400. That's pratically double the price.

Ko Ninja said:
I'm most likely on board to get this. But, is it just me or does that picture make the statue look glossy? Can anyone explain? :???: I just sold some stuff to prep the money for this. :guts:

Yeah, I need to sell some DVDs or something. I'm accumulating this debt that is getting out of hand :judo:. But anyways, about the glossy look, well it could just be the pictures, but I'm sure it's supposed to be a little bit glossy, considering they are covered with all that blood and slime. I think it looks fitting.

DirectDK said:
Yeah, I got my Femto invoice today too.  It's hard to keep up with all these AOW releases.  That $400 Zoddo II was no joke either.

You should try selling some non-Berserk stuff to afford this Guts/Slan piece, because it might be VERY hard to get this statue in the future.  The new Femto statue has already sold twice on YJ for over $350, closer to $400.  That's pratically double the price.

Yeah, I need to sell some DVDs or something.  I'm accumulating this debt that is getting out of hand  :judo:.  But anyways, about the glossy look, well it could just be the pictures, but I'm sure it's supposed to be a little bit glossy, considering they are covered with all that blood and slime.  I think it looks fitting.

Yeah I really dont know, since there is about a month lag time on paying I could probably afford to buy it. The problem is where do I draw the line on purchases? I paid 280 for Magun, now like 350 for Femto. With shipping what will this one come out too, prob close to 500 after all is said and done. My descision would be much easier if I didnt have to pay $65 in bank fees, and inflated EMS prices...

SMZKAH

Could someone please explain this Qliphoth scene. (sorry for my lack of knowledge, I'm an anime/ dark horse english release guy) The more I look at this statue, the more I like it, I'd just like to know the story behind it.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SMZKAH said:
Could someone please explain this Qliphoth scene.

It's rather complicated to explain just like that, and it happens in volume 26... Quite the spoiler for people in your case.

Anyway, a quick and simplified summary: Guts is travelling with his friends and they encounter a village regularly attacked by trolls. He's asked to help the village and does so. However Casca and Farnese are captured at the end of the big battle. The group follows the trail of the troll kidnappers into their lair, which is in the Qliphoth (a part of the astral world where dark creatures gather). The Qliphoth is accessible because the layers of the world are merging since the incarnation of Griffith, that's also why trolls are raiding the village. Lots of previously captured women from the same village are held there as well. Guts mangles the trolls while the others retreat and wait for him a little farther. After the trolls are killed, Slan appears, forming herself out of their remains (she later explains that the Qliphoth is her domain, her "womb"). Guts of course instantly jumps at her, but she knocks him down with extreme ease, tearing his armor off. And so he falls in her arms, at her mercy, that's what the diorama represents.

Man, that does look sweet !

I really do wish AOW would set up some way for people out of japan to get the states with out all the bank charges/huge shipping fee's on top.

Or have Yamato import them and sell.

SMZKAH

Hey thanks for the summary, Aazealh. I think I may have to order this one. . . Of course, there's no word on limitation for this one yet. . . But yeah, the bank charge and shipping is gonna hurt.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SMZKAH said:
Of course, there's no word on limitation for this one yet. . .

It'll be limited, the only reason I didn't specify it is because I thought it was obvious for a release of that caliber. So prepare yourself to buy it rapidly once the pre-orders open.

O I am so in!

Well.....I'm always in but.....well......I'm REALLY IN!

Also I like the Puck Dio but...........Jesus it is the 5th puck piece in less than a year.

Maiku said:
Also I like the Puck Dio but...........Jesus it is the 5th puck piece in less than a year.

When you said "Puck Dio" I first thought you meant Dio from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, lol.

If they had Puck dressed up as Dio, i would soooo buy that!!

Just got the e-mail about this.

"The new item is limited to 300 unit only. Each statue has exclusive serial number plate.
Size: 21 cm (H) x 22 cm (W) x23.5 cm (D)
Material: Polystone
Unit Price: 33,000 JAPANESE YEN

ART OF WAR limited version is open for order only (300 unit)."

Size looks good. I was worried it would be in the smaller scale (like Godhand or MF Griff on Horse) since it was two characters. We apear to be in the clear.

Price isn't overly crazy taking into consideration that we are getting two characters.

The "AoW limited version is open for order only" Interesting statement. I think basically they are leaving the door open for themselves to release a "regular version" at a later date depending on how this sells. Same thing for the Femto.

R

-rob-

Maiku said:
Just got the e-mail about this. 

"The new item is limited to 300 unit only. Each statue has exclusive serial number plate.
Size: 21 cm (H) x 22 cm (W) x23.5 cm (D)
Material: Polystone
Unit Price: 33,000 JAPANESE YEN

ART OF WAR limited version is open for order only (300 unit)."

Size looks good.  I was worried it would be in the smaller scale (like Godhand or MF Griff on Horse) since it was two characters.  We apear to be in the clear.

Price isn't overly crazy taking into consideration that we are getting two characters.

The "AoW limited version is open for order only"  Interesting statement.  I think basically they are leaving the door open for themselves to release a "regular version" at a later date depending on how this sells.  Same thing for the Femto.

Is it up for sale now or do we still have to wait until the 16th for it?

Because I just checked ArtOfWar and I didn't see anything about it there.

Top Bottom