AoW order

Hey guys this might not be the right place to post this but i wasnt really sure where.

Anyways i just ordered a berserk watch and statue from AoW, however my bank i use is a credit union so i cant do a wire from there. I found out that if i wnat to do the transfer id have to open a bank account do the transfer then close it which is a huge amount of hastle. Anyone have any clue on somthing easy or know anything i could do instead to pay?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's the only way to pay as far as I know, sorry. Maybe you can try using Western Union to send them the money?

Ill try seeing what i can do, hopefully i can find a friend with a bank that will do it or perhaps western union. But if not that sucks heh had my eye on that watch for some time now.

Darkadien Zurel said:
Ill try seeing what i can do, hopefully i can find a friend with a bank that will do it or perhaps western union.  But if not that sucks heh had my eye on that watch for some time now.

Wow, another SK member forking up the big cash for the watch!  I'm sure Aaz is very pleased  :guts:

I think the best bet is just to get a friend to do it for you with his/her bank.  It would be ridiculous to open up a bank account just for AOW.  Well, ridiculous... but at the same time, since it's Berserk, I perfectly understand the desperation :chomp: hehehe

yeah i been curently talking with friends and checking i have a few im gonna ask and if they cant im gonna try the western union thing Aaz suggested.

Thanks for all the help by the way guys :)

EDIT: OK got two friends checking into the situation for me

Darkadien Zurel said:
anyways i just ordered a berserk watch and statue from AoW

this is a very nice watch bro, stainless steel with kinetic (not sure if its chrono or diver as well), sapphire crystal top with black face  :zodd:, 2 rich for my blood @@ :puck:

anyway congrat on ur purchase, hope the payment thing will work out for u  :guts:

you got it guys ill post some pics of it if i can get everything to work out. Still no word from friends yet but its only 7:30 am and im at work right now so probably wont find out till later this afternoon.

However ill keep you updated and i hope it goes through. Only reason i decided to get the watch was cause i got a new job makin pretty decent money and i been saving ever dime for about 2 months now, thought it should be time to spoil myself once :)

UPDATE:

Ok got an update on the situation and im gonna ask you guys who have ordered for help also.

I went to my friends bank they said they can do it but they need a papper or somthing telling them how much the price is in american dollars... aka how much 83,450 yen is in american.

Also the lady said maybe i could send a casher's check which would save me money.

So if you all can please, give me a site or somthing to do the money calculation. A step by step process of what to do i assume Remittance is the same thing as sending a wire. Which she said would cost me 50-100 bucks on top of order.

Also so i need to get the money transfered into Yen then wire it or will there bank take American dollars and change it to Yen.

Please any assistance possible will be greatly appreciated.

Darkadien Zurel said:
Ok got an update on the situation and im gonna ask you guys who have ordered for help also.

I went to my friends bank they said they can do it but they need a papper or somthing telling them how much the price is in american dollars... aka how much 83,450 yen is in american.

Also the lady said maybe i could send a casher's check which would save me money.

So if you all can please, give me a site or somthing to do the money calculation. A step by step process of what to do i assume Remittance is the same thing as sending a wire. Which she said would cost me 50-100 bucks on top of order.

Also so i need to get the money transfered into Yen then wire it or will there bank take American dollars and change it to Yen.

Please any assistance possible will be greatly appreciated.

Ug what kind of shitty bank is that. Dude find a friend that has an account with Bank of America. Bring in the excel sheet that AoW sent you and hand it to them. They'll take care of it and tell you how much was sent in $$.

Doing the exchance rate on your own is fucked because you may end up under or over paying......under paying is bad.

Thing is i kinda live in a little hick town dont think i know anyone who has an account at bank of america and the problem is id have to open up an account

:judo: sadly i think im gonna have to cancel the order. If i do it this way its getting to be a hastle and like 900 dollars. The mondey isnt to much of an issue just i dont know its all a pain.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Darkadien Zurel said:

Duh, are they really a bank? 83,450¥ is ~$726. However, change rates are varying constantly. Only a bank could make a perfect and valid change for an operation like this one. It's useless for you to give them an estimate, like Maiku said. Even if it's 1¥ less AOW will refuse.

Darkadien Zurel said:

It has to be remittance, i.e. international wire.

Darkadien Zurel said:
A step by step process of what to do i assume Remittance is the same thing as sending a wire. Which she said would cost me 50-100 bucks on top of order.

I gave you an equivalent of the sum already. As for the process, I'll tell you what I do when I order from France. I come with the needed information (on the Excel sheet AOW sends, although I myself don't even use it) to my bank, I ask them for international wire to Japan. They give me a sheet of paper. I fill the informations, name of company, name of company's bank, address of both, sum to transfer in YEN, "JPY" being the official abbreviation, special bank codes (international account codes), description of the item (facultative). And that's it. And most of the time the clerk does it for me while I look at my watch impatiently (probably due to my good looks :badbone:). Doesn't take more than 10 minutes.

Darkadien Zurel said:

They should change it themselves of course. You don't have to do anything besides having money and the needed information.

If they can't do that, it's really the shittiest bank ever.

well, my 2 friends banks wont do it. They would have to send to there main brantch or some other bank to get the conversion and id have to give them a dollar ammount which would not work really.

I got 2 more banks to try so im praying and if they dont i guess i just wont get my order.

CnC

Ad Oculos
congrats!

be sure to buy the watch and post pictures of it every single frickin' opportunity you get. Rub your new shiney watch in the faces of us poorer board members, making us feel 2 feet (50 meters) tall every single frickin' day. Make sure we can never escape the humiliation of not having that silvery goodness.

Oh, sorry. Got a little carried away there. I'm just bitter. seriously, congrats.

lol as long as my friend will do it for me were all good and ready to go. Ill post pictures once i get the shipment, i know on there page it says it usually takes like 2 weeks - 1 month to get orders i think. Whats the average wait youve all experianced?

Darkadien Zurel said:
lol as long as my friend will do it for me were all good and ready to go. Ill post pictures once i get the shipment, i know on there page it says it usually takes like 2 weeks - 1 month to get orders i think. Whats the average wait youve all experianced?

When paying for something that is in stock I usually have it within a week. EMS shipping is fast.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
2 feet would be 60cm actually. :zodd:

Thats what I said, 50 meters. Why? What'd you hear?

In the end, how much is the whole thing costing you, Darkadien? If you dont mind me asking.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Aazealh said:
A meter is 100 centimeters. 50m = ~162 feet.

Sure, whatever you say. you and your silly metric system. I swear you must make this stuff up :troll:

Ouch, on that price Darkadien. However I must say I'm rather jealous.

hehe only reason i got the cash to buy it is cause i got a new job with a nice pay rate, still living at home and saving up to get a place of my own. So i got no bills as of yet really, figured since i been saving up for abotu 3 months mine as well spoil myself atleast once before i dont have the kind of cash to throw around.

Top Bottom