Niko

i think maybe niko sacrificed the world around him, like the egg apostle.

I don't think so... Why would he do that?
And the Egg Apostle sacrificed the world around him to give birth to another one, a "perfect one". That's why the world is still there (but different, as the children coome to realize) and why he (she?) took that "egg/Beherit" form.

the dog might also have been sacrificed, but somehow i doubt that.

But why would Miura give Niko a dog if it had absolutely no relevance to the plot?  ;)

anyway, i think the nun was likely driven mad with grief right before niko's transformation. that would explain why she's "sane" in the game.

Hey... That's a good idea!  :D
And that would explain how she knew that Niko died (or rather, "was dying"?) in front of her church...

why did the sister have the behelit? it was attatched to her hawk emblem, after all.

It was Niko's Beherit.

i still think niko was almost definately the apostle...

He was. It's stated in the Visual & Story File.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
i think the nun was likely driven mad with grief right before niko's transformation. that would explain why she's "sane" in the game.
Hey... That's a good idea!  :D
And that would explain how she knew that Niko died (or rather, "was dying"?) in front of her church...
Hell, that is a great idea! Good call, Fletch.
why does the mandragoran infection stay after you slay him? & what makes the mandragoran possessing caska so powerful?
Well, because Niko wasn’t dead.  Part of him was still alive and regenerating at Balzac’s, the result of which was the giant Mandragoran monster.  BTW Olivier, what’s the Visual &Story file say about that monster? Was it just the Niko baby or was it the Niko baby combined with the rest of the Mandragoran plants? I need it for the Apostle Guide.

-Griffith

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
i know it was niko's, but how did the sister get it? don't the apostles usually hang onto their beherits? that's my impression, but i don't know what happens to them after an apostle birth, the only one i've seen was the aborted one in vol 3...

i know it was niko's, but how did the sister get it? don't the apostles usually hang onto their beherits?

Not really?

that's my impression, but i don't know what happens to them after an apostle birth, the only one i've seen was the aborted one in vol 3...

And that Beherit was stolen by a mere human before it was used for the second time (the second time in the manga, anyway).
The Skull Knight found Rochine's, the Egg Apostle's and Niko's (after it was used by Balzac) ones without any difficulty... Yeah, of course, they were dead, but still...
The Apostles may keep their Beherits (and we don't even know if all of them do that), but not necessarily on them, it seems...

fletch

Treading trodden trails for a long, long time.
huh, good point. interesting, i think i would keep such a thing to myself, if i were an apostle, but i guess the theory is more one of "spreading the wealth," perhaps, by discarding them afterwards. well, whatever works i suppose. all in all, a very small plot point in berserk, i'd imagine. maybe miura hasn't even thought much about it.

It seems that some apostles keep there beherit probably because they want to be the only apostle in their area so no one else could have the same power they have. Some apostles might just leave it so someone else may find it a so the apostles spread across the world. :)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
The Count was really desperate to hold on to his Beherit, I guess it’s possible he was afraid Vargas might use it against him, but we also we see how it could be put to use revitalizing dying Apostles. Handy thing to have around the house. ;)

-Griffith

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
That reminds me, do we ever see Wyald (Wild) 's behelit?  Boy that was a gross Apostle...

I don't think we saw it... and how about that Pig monster which Gatts killed when he found the dragon slayer?

;D Gross? Why... that utter hunk of manliness...

he was the ladies man!

anyone else think he looks like that black midget, beetlejuice on the howard stern show?
he was also that guy in marlon(?)waynes' head in scary movie 2...
just a thought, they have the same damn smile...

Top Bottom