Who would Win? Dragon Slayer vs. First Tsurugi

Blade

Master of the Simulacrum
Well, who do you think would win? Cloud or Guts? Both have relatively huge swords, and we know that Guts (with Berserker Armor) can jump relatively high like Cloud in Advent Children.

How do you think the battle would go? What would happen? :beast:

This is a dumb topic, but what the heck...

My gil is on Cloud. Guts is just a regular guy, Cloud is a genetically-enhanced solider with magic powers. No contest. It's like pitting the Punisher against Thor, or Green Arrow against Martian Manhunter.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tsurugi just means "sword" you know...

Alucalb said:

Yeah, dumb indeed. I foresee a lock before this hits page 2. If it's not deleted before of course.

Alucalb said:
Guts is just a regular guy

Oh, is he? I don't think so. And he's been killing creatures that are beyond genetic enhancement. Also, the Berserk's armor isn't about jumping high.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Aazealh said:
Tsurugi just means "sword" you know...

Yeah, dumb indeed. I foresee a lock before this hits page 2. If it's not deleted before of course.

Oh, is he? I don't think so. And he's been killing creatures that are beyond genetic enhancement. Also, the Berserk's armor isn't about jumping high.
havent you seen FF: Advent Children?! :isidro:

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Well, I can see this is worth my time. =)

Alucalb said:

My gil is on Cloud. Guts is just a regular guy, Cloud is a genetically-enhanced solider with magic powers. No contest. It's like pitting the Punisher against Thor, or Green Arrow against Martian Manhunter.

No way, while he's powerful, Cloud has no actual fighting ability, remember? He's just a hack puss boy on steroids with a bad haircut. Guts would easily outstratagize him. The same way Superman has been taken to task by both Batman and Spiderman, respectively. :carcus:

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
havent you seen FF: Advent Children?!  :isidro:

Yeah, and that's exactly why Cloud would probably die instantly. Judging from the film, all he can do is stupidly spin around in mid-air without actually causing anyone physical damage. Thus, I predict Guts would simply side step Cloud's ballet O' faggotry and smash him to pieces with one half-hearted swing, "Ewww, got loser blood all over my sword!" Thus flows the tears of a million nerds. :guts:

The End!

P.S. Until Goku shows up, nobody can beat him! World's Ultimate Strongest Super Fighter!!!

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
I predict Guts would simply side step Cloud's ballet O' faggotry and smash him to pieces with one half-hearted swing, "Ewww, got loser blood all over my sword!" Thus flows the tears of a million nerds. :guts:

The End!

P.S. Until Goku shows up, nobody can beat him! World's Ultimate Strongest Super Fighter!!!
That comment alone makes me happy in the pants. :troll:

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Cloud has no genetic modifications.  What happened to him is he had jenova cells and mako pumped into him... a process that didn't do him one bit of good.  In case you're confused, he was never a SOLDIER, just regular Shin-Ra military.  

Guts is a living legend.  I mean literally, he lives on the border between reality and legend.  Guts' abilities are probably equally determined by his willpower and physical ability.  The Berserker armor awakens when his rage rises and pushes his limits further.  

All that said, I still think Cloud has the advantage.  Guts doesn't have motive to fight Cloud.  To rage, no berserk armor, all he has is exceptional will to live.  Cloud has his Omnislash v5 and materia.

Yea, Goku is stronger then anything, cause he's in a higher powered world.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
CnC said:
Guts would win just on the sole reason that he ain't no whiney bitch.

Thread's over for me..

Shut up, Cloud would win with his cool six-sided sword!! This isn't lame and juvenile at all!

BTW, anybody here see USC at Notre Dame?

Yeah, didn't think so. :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
Thread's still, technically, dead to me. buuut.

BTW, anybody here see USC at Notre Dame?

No I missed it, heard it was good. If ur a USC fan, wo0t. If notre dam, ouch: that has to hurt.

:troll:

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Yeah, and that's exactly why Cloud would probably die instantly. Judging from the film, all he can do is stupidly spin around in mid-air without actually causing anyone physical damage. Thus, I predict Guts would simply side step Cloud's ballet O' faggotry and smash him to pieces with one half-hearted swing, "Ewww, got loser blood all over my sword!" Thus flows the tears of a million nerds. :guts:

Absolutely beautiful, Griffith.

Beyond that, I have nothing to add to this very important debate. :troll:

CnC

Ad Oculos
I think we're all missing whats really important here. Guts vs. Cloud is one thing.
But what about Guts vs. Hulk Hogan!?!

guts_vs_hogan.jpg

Blade

Master of the Simulacrum
XD That picture owns, CnC.

Although I would say that Cloud has a lot of technical skill with a sword, and could probably parry Guts' attacks for a while, he probably couldn't withstand Guts in full rage. If anything, Cloud would try to get away from him due to his full strength. Plus, Cloud would probably keep on trying to reason with Guts, and reasoning with Guts only pisses him off even more.

As for Guts vs. Hogan, heh...well, I'd say Hogan would win due to pure showmanship. Guts' would be annoyed and just walk away. :carcus:

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
I like FF7 alot but.. besides the fact Guts is the superior strategist by a longshot, I think he is just a straight up better swordsman than Cloud. The jumping would mostly be pointless by itself.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
CnC said:
But what about Guts vs. Hulk Hogan!?!

Where's my credit for this? :puck:

Blade said:
reasoning with Guts only pisses him off even more.

Really, I don't think trying to avoid a fight would piss him off if you aren't his enemy for some specific reason. It's usually just that people don't know when to say "ok, me small you big, me flee far away quick". He's not a bloodthirsty murderer.

The reason it seem why this thread may have exist till now is probably because Aaz trying to rectify some common misconception regarding Guts character and skills...

This so lame... something like Goku vs Guts... Goku would rape Guts in his butt with his supersaiyajin...

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Blade said:
Well, who do you think would win?  Cloud or Guts?  Both have relatively huge swords, and we know that Guts (with Berserker Armor) can jump relatively high like Cloud in Advent Children.

How do you think the battle would go?  What would happen?  :beast:
Please, lock the thread and end the embarasment I feel for even posting in this thread. If one thing has become aparent to me over all these years, it's that the internet doesn't evolve. In that case:

JESUS SAVE ME!!!

well this post seems pointless but I'll reply just for the hell of it. who would win? easy....Guts. well Griffith summed it up nicely I might add.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
on the subject of Cloud's 6 swords
http://www.ff7acmovie.com/articles/ff7ac_reviews_and_analyses/cloud's_6_piece_sword_in_ff7ac.html

yay reality defying sword!
http://www.ff7acmovie.com/articles/ff7ac_reviews_and_analyses/cloud's_6_piece_sword_in_ff7ac_3.html

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
I have to say,though the movie is basically just a fireworks show, Cloud's sword is pretty fantastic. Square may have been reduced to a triangle, but their weapon design is still quite good.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
It's a patchwork of swords, I'm not sure I'd call that fantastic personally. Yeah sure it's original (though in the end it's always just a Dragon Slayer rip off :SK:), but it also doesn't make much sense from any point of view.

Top Bottom