Post your description of the Elf King

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Leeuwer said:
That would indeed prove to be curious.

Curious? That would be ridiculous IMO.

Leeuwer said:
Puck wasn't there when Skullknight told Guts and Schierke about the King's power to accomplish this, though, and even if he did know, and he did was the King, his powers might not be available on ordinary land.

Schierke told everybody about it once they got back in the cabin. Puck stayed silent. And I doubt his powers would be limited to Elfhelm only if he himself were able to travel as he wished (unlike Flora for example)... Not to say that a legendary king leaving his land for years to roam aimlessly and have awkward adventures (risking his life too, see volume 1) seems a bit incongruous to me. Besides, Puck doesn't seem to be associated with flowers in particular...

Sure, everything is possible, but there's nothing really supporting the "Puck is the King" theory.

Leeuwer said:
But I have this feeling(and a hoping for, actually), that Puck's character is about to receive some more depth whenever they reach Elfhelm.

Well, who wouldn't think about Puck getting character development once they'll reach his mysterious and long awaited homeland...

Ramen4ever said:
whos that character i saw in the Berserk PS2 trailer?
He (i think) used magic and had a hat.. could that be Hanafubuku king?

He's called Charles, he was an apostle and he's dead. So no, he can't be the Hanafubuku Ô.

Thx for clearing that up :serpico:
I just read a Berserk PS2 review, i guess its not just the berserk anime and manga that are not consistent to each other, but the game as well. however i guess they have to make things un-predictable somehow :chomp:

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Aazealh said:
Schierke told everybody about it once they got back in the cabin. Puck stayed silent.

On further inspection, this is correct, and I had forgotten it.

Aazealh said:
Besides, Puck doesn't seem to be associated with flowers in particular...

You lost me here. Explain, if you will.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Leeuwer said:
You lost me here. Explain, if you will.

As Mad Angel Loki said, "Hanafubuku Ô" isn't a proper name, it's a title. It's hard to translate properly into English but it roughly means the "King of the Flower Storm". That particular expression probably refers to cherry blossoms in this precise case (see the panel in which SK says so).

Leeuwer

Out Of Will
Aazealh said:
As Mad Angel Loki said, "Hanafubuku Ô" isn't a proper name, it's a title. It's hard to translate properly into English but it roughly means the "King of the Flower Storm". That particular expression probably refers to cherry blossoms in this precise case (see the panel in which SK says so).

Ah, thank you.

But then again how nice if Puck is among the legendary character here... I mean everyone will be... :isidro:

At least no one would underestimate Puck anymore :puck:

Ramen4ever said:
whos that character i saw in the Berserk PS2 trailer?
He (i think) used magic and had a hat.. could that be Hanafubuku king?

Um I haven't played the game but... But I am certain it is not. The PS2 game covers Volumes 22-27 with only one additional side story. To our knowledge we have yet to see Hanafubuku. So no it isn't.

PS Sorry Aaz already answered that one.

Proabably something like Puck of course, or he could have more immpresive wings (larger, more complex). I don't think he will be a tree though, maybe a kid or a old wise bearded little elf.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Actually, the notion of a king leaving his kingdom to wander about and have adventures reminds me of an old Welsh folktale about a a king who left his throne to be a bard. Sadly, I don't remember anymore than that.

Trashcan said:
Actually, the notion of a king leaving his kingdom to wander about and have adventures reminds me of an old Welsh folktale about a a king who left his throne to be a bard. Sadly, I don't remember anymore than that.

sounds like Mahavira to me. for those of you who don't know, he was a king that became the perfect Jain, and instead of being reincarnated he was made part of Brahman (if i remember correctly)

Castaway said:
sounds like Mahavira to me. for those of you who don't know, he was a king that became the perfect Jain, and instead of being reincarnated he was made part of Brahman (if i remember correctly)

I don't think Hindus (Aryans?) are Welsh. Also, I could be wrong about this, but isn't Jainism supposed to be hermetic and therefore doesn't mesh with the idea of travelling and proselytizing (being one of the reasons why Buddhism became much more popular than Jainism)?

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
And of course, there's the historic precedent of the king of Poland fleeing the country, only to be pursued by the royal court, demanding that he return. 'I'd have to be crazy to take that job again!' was his reply. :guts:

Kagami

Goo!
Puck is the son of the Elf King, and was banished for being "Nutty Puck", and now doesn't want to see the father that sent him away!Thus he wanders aimlessly throughout the land of the humans... Or he ran away :puck:

Or he is just very curious and went out exploring and such, like he said, and then was captured by those guys at the tavern where he meets guts, there could be any number of reasons why he left Elfheim that is if he was ever there in the first place, he could of been born in the outside of it for all we know.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kagami said:
and now doesn't want to see the father that sent him away!

He's the one that told Guts about Elfhelm, so he must not be too bothered to go back.

Zelz said:
Or he is just very curious and went out exploring and such, like he said, and then was captured by those guys at the tavern where he meets guts

Don't forget that he was wandering way before that time, we know that he met Judo before he became a member of the Hawks. He might have been gone for 15 years for all we know.

Zelz said:
if he was ever there in the first place, he could of been born in the outside of it for all we know.

That would go against what he said...

Tenro

...You tit.
Castaway said:
Um, actually Mahavira wasn't a king, he was a member of the military/government caste. Also, as the final Jain of our era, he went from the earthly plane directly to the highest heavenly plane (Jainists have a stratified view of the universe).

Sorry, but I enjoy nitpicking.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Tenro said:
Um, actually Mahavira wasn't a king, he was a member of the military/government caste.

He was a prince, even though he renounced it when he became an ascetic. That's not this thread's topic though, and it doesn't contribute to it at all, so no need to discuss it further.

Triggormortis

Weakness is a disease; I am the cure.
I would imagine the Elf King looking like a more noble and important-looking Puck with a mystic aura abouty him. And he has a beard and a crown too.

I always pictured him to look like a human wizard, with the stereotypical beared and outfit and all.

I can't remember where but there was a picture to puck having a nostalgic moment looking back to when he stole something from a guy who looked like that. If I had to guess I would say he looked like a human, but then it wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't.

Top Bottom