Silat

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’m glad that Silat hasn’t joined Griffith (though I was quite positive he would), it means he can play a more important role in the story.  He’s an interesting character, very mysterious and dark, he may become darker still.  He doesn’t really have what I’d call a relationship with any of the main characters, but he knows them all, he has a stake in how their lives turn out and he’s been watching them (almost like we have).  I think Silat’s biggest weapon (especially now) is his cunning, I agree that he’ll probably seek out Guts (albeit reluctantly) because of his connection to Griffith, but I don’t think they would ever be what you’d call a team.  Silat would probably just want to know what Griffith’s weakness is, the White Hawk has become his white his white whale so to speak. Imagine if Silat put together everything he knows about Griffith, the King, Charlotte, the Hawks and then he connected it with Guts…weakness indeed.  So, what will Silat’s role be in the future? I don’t know, but he is very dangerous, and believe that whatever role he plays, it will be a sinister one.

…perhaps he’ll be the devil on Guts’ shoulder?

-Griffith

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Hey, since I have newbie status on my name here :p I was wondering if I could ask a few questions. This Silat guy... is it the guy in like issue 183 (i think) who has those two Abobo looking bodyguards? I was thinking Silat was a nation or something. I can't get some of this straight. One other thing I was gonna ask that I remembered, what does Wild look like before & after his transformations? If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see. I really don't know much about Wild and would like to know a little more about him before I make any speculations on this USO stuff ^_^.

Imagine if Silat put together everything he knows about Griffith, the King, Charlotte, the Hawks and then he connected it with Guts…weakness indeed.

Does he really know something Griffith, the King and Charlotte? Doubtful, I'd say...  :-/

Griffith

Does he really know something Griffith, the King and Charlotte? Doubtful, I'd say...  :-/
Probably not, but it all depends on what you believe about his connections to the Midland Bakiraka.  Even if they lived in Midland at the time (as slaves or whatever) and weren’t just hired, I still believe that all the Bakiraka are a single people or clan. You even said before that the Kushan Bakiraka “had their own schedule”, so why not the Midland Bakiraka too?.  Silat is the leader of the Bakiraka (by the way Olivier, did the Tapasa ever call Silat “Prince” at one time? I have a memory of it but have no idea whether I just imagined it or not.), I think he is the leader of the entire clan rather than just the Kushan branch, what I’m getting at is that I think that Silat (being their leader, prince or whatever) could easily have heard about what happened, the circumstances of it, and put it all together. Just an idea.

Anyway, I think that right now Silat would be most interested in any information about Griffith that he could find. Unless he joins Griffith in chapter 187, that would sure suck!!! ;D

silatt.jpg

SILAT *sounding strangely Italian*: “What, Olivier? You don’t think I hear things?”

-Griffith

P.S.
This Silat guy... is it the guy in like issue 183 (i think) who has those two Abobo looking bodyguards?
Yes, that’s him.  His body guards are called the Tapasa.
One other thing I was gonna ask that I remembered, what does Wild look like before & after his transformations?  If anyone has pictures, I'd love to see.  I really don't know much about Wild and would like to know a little more about him before I make any speculations on this USO stuff ^_^.
Wild looks dead after his transformation. ;)  Seriously though, he’s kindy like Zodd except with a real primal ape-like face when he’s human, and don’t for get that million-dollar smile (;D <--like this, only more evil).  When he dies it’s revealed that he was a frail old man.

P.S.S. SILAT THREAD LIVES!!! HA!! HA!! HA!!!

Probably not, but it all depends on what you believe about his connections to the Midland Bakiraka.

But my problem with Sirat knowing about all that is that those Bakiraka were hired and killed in a matter of minutes... So who could have tell Sirat about what happened exactly?

Even if they lived in Midland at the time (as slaves or whatever) and weren’t just hired, I still believe that all the Bakiraka are a single people or clan. You even said before that the Kushan Bakiraka “had their own schedule”, so why not the Midland Bakiraka too?.

Actually, I think that there aren't "Kushan Bakiraka"...
I think that Bakiraka were bannished from Kushan territories and worked as assassins for different countries, empires and kingdoms. We saw the ones who were working secretly for the King of Midland.
But when the Kushan High Priest saw that dream about the Falcon of Light, the Kushan King decided to hire the whole Bakiraka clan to find Griffith.
That's how I see it, anyway?...  ???

(by the way Olivier, did the Tapasa ever call Silat “Prince” at one time? I have a memory of it but have no idea whether I just imagined it or not.)

They call him "waka". It's a term used for young men of high rank. A young prince, or a young heir... Something like that.

Unless he joins Griffith in chapter 187, that would sure suck!!! ;D

I don't know... It looks like Rakshas also kneels before Griffith at the end of episode 186, actually, so I wonder what happened to Sirat and the Tapasa...
(by the way, did I mention that Griffith had _other_ allies?  ;D )

Griffith

But my problem with Sirat knowing about all that is that those Bakiraka were hired and killed in a matter of minutes... So who could have tell Sirat about what happened exactly?
Well, not from them.  But I imagine he’d get wind of the their death and the circumstances of it from other Bakiraka members in the Midland area.  I just envision the Bakiraka as a clan that keeps up on its intelligence (and I’m being stubborn ;)).
That's how I see it, anyway?...  ???
Me too.
so I wonder what happened to Sirat and the Tapasa...
I hope they DID escape and didn’t end up his prisoner’s or worse, join him 187.  We’ve done a lot of debating based on the idea that Silat got away. :-/

-Griffith

P.S. Thanks for the clarification on the prince thing.

Boonki

Christopher Lowell's Rainbow Six
Okay.  Now I'm all knowledged up on some Berserk after reading thru the skullknight FAQ.  So I'm all ready to make some assanine assumptions on this Silat business ^_^.  So we're thinking that the Kushan or Bakiraka knows about the Griffith rebirth business... like more so than the average person, I mean.  So someone said, "Where did the find that out?"  Well, Silat has been referred to as "waka", so it's a bit different than "ouji" I guess.  So basically, we know that he's not in charge and there is someone above him in the ranks.  So who are they getting their knowledge from?  Some unknown (or known) person higher above Silat in their group... possible someone else who has a behelit, maybe a lesser apostle like Wild or Zodd.  I think it's a possibility.  I like the idea of Griffith having harder enemies to conquer this time around.  Like, they can't just all be humans now because it's like, "Hey.  I'm Griffith.  You're under my control now." and there wouldn't be any challenge.  Oh well, someone argue against my theory ^_^  or argue for it and back up my hypothesis!

So we're thinking that the Kushan or Bakiraka knows about the Griffith rebirth business... like more so than the average person, I mean. So someone said, "Where did the find that out?"

Er... Well, because of that Oracle, I'd say?
And they don't look _that_ informed, actually... When they showed up at the Tower of Retribution, they wondered if the Falcon of Light was somebody among Guts and his temporary allies...

Well, Silat has been referred to as "waka", so it's a bit different than "ouji" I guess.  So basically, we know that he's not in charge and there is someone above him in the ranks.

Actually, no, "waka" just means that Sirat is a young man of high rank. So, Sirat may be the Bakiraka's lord, or the lord's young heir.
So far, I'd say he's their only lord...

Asir

that facil is to die, that dificil is to be born
good you gave Good, while we expect that Walter finish the translations of the two capitulos, they are speculating upon the destiny of Silatt, for my, Silatt podria to be returned part of the new band of the Haws that Griffit this organizing, be as being, even in the old history the Christian kingdoms tenian mercenarios arabes among its rows not? serious interesting to see as finishes estev episode you that have but informacion please, hagamenlo to know

Top Bottom