Rocky VI: Rocky Balboa

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Movies/10/17/film.stallone.reut/index.html

Finally, the wrong that is Rocky V will be put right. =)

Re: Rocky VI: The Reckoning

Remember the old folks home version of Rocky that that commercial used in movie theaters? Its gonna be a reality.

ADRIE... *dentures fall out*

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

They should just make a Rocky animated series and call it quits.

update: "Rocky Balboa," will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios and will be distributed by Columbia Pictures. It took 3 major companies together to finance the movie... Good luck at the box office Stallone :guts:

update update: " 'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

update update update: Rocky 6 will make 5 look like 1. (6 < 5 = 1) ?

Walter said:
They should just make a Rocky animated series and call it quits.

update: "Rocky Balboa," will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios and will be distributed by Columbia Pictures. It took 3 major companies together to finance the movie... Good luck at the box office Stallone :guts:

It worked for MC Hammer hehe...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

Walter said:
update update: " 'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Aw crap, is this gonna be one of those "feel good about yourself" movies?
I want blood!

The real story goes a little something like this:
Apollo Creed is resurrected ala Frankenstein with the parts of other fighters that Rocky has already beaten from Dragov to Mr. T.

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!

HawaiianStallion said:
Apollo Creed is resurrected ala Frankenstein with the parts of other fighters that Rocky has already beaten from Dragov to Mr. T.

And then Rocky's son realizes he is the reincarnation of Dracula!
WHAT IS A MAN? A MISERABLE LITTLE PILE OF SECRETS!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Oh, it might not be THAT bad :puck:

It's interesting that Stallone titled this: 'Rocky Balboa' , not the obvious 'Rocky VI', is he trying to escape the expected clichés of the series by presenting it in a new style? Or is it just a marketing strategy...

Just make the film into a comedy and I might watch. Seriously, this movie will bomb like Glitter; 15 years since the last Rocky movie and we all know what an underappreciated masterpiece it was. :schierke:
HawaiianStallion said:
I like your thinking! Have Rocky train Little Mack to beat an out-of-retirement Lennox Lewis and you have a story!  :troll:

Walter said:
It's interesting that Stallone titled this: 'Rocky Balboa' , not the obvious 'Rocky VI', is he trying to escape the expected clichés of the series by presenting it in a new style? Or is it just a marketing strategy...
I'd say it's to not let newcomers know how redundant the franchise hasgotten.

"I like your thinking! Have Rocky train Little Mack to beat an out-of-retirement Lennox Lewis and you have a story! "

I'd rather just have a live action version of the classic Mike Tyson boxing game from the Nes. King Hippo, Honda, and everyone else. Hell attach Uwe Boll to it and you've got a real winner, but first he's got to finish his epic masterpiece, Dungeon Siege... this guy must have the greatest agent ever to keep getting jobs

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Like the underdog he is, Rocky will prevail! You'll see! You'll all see!

Actually, I wonder if Stallone will totally cheese up and kill him off in the ring. =)

incognitoX

you fail me

Hopefully they'll just prove The Simpsons right and go with "Adrian's Revenge" as the seventh film's title. :guts:

"Griffith No More!" said:

Actually, I wonder if Stallone will totally cheese up and kill him off in the ring. =)

Rocky will win the bout after coming back from nearly losing and winning over a hostile crowd, and then DIE! Best of both world's!

SMZKAH

I shall find the crystal of peace

Hey now, I'm excited about this. I'm quite a rocky fan, and an even bigger fan of the soundtracks. I guess it just kinda goes with being an athlete and all. Anyway though, I made my girlfriend sit down with me and watch Rocky I through V when we first met(she's an athlete too), she probably thought I was crazy. So I'm just pretty excited about a sixth movie, as long as it doesn't completely suck. . .

SMZKAH said:
Hey now, I'm excited about this. I'm quite a rocky fan, and an even bigger fan of the soundtracks.  I guess it just kinda goes with being an athlete and all.  Anyway though, I made my girlfriend sit down with me and watch Rocky I through V when we first met(she's an athlete too), she probably thought I was crazy.  So I'm just pretty excited about a sixth movie, as long as it doesn't completely suck. . .

Not to sound rude but you really liked the last Rocky movie?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

You know, I actually read part of the script in Stallones magazine "Sly". Pretty much what it had said was how Rocky who has gone back to his original home meet's up with an old friend. The chick he talks to in the first Rocky in how she shouldnt be a slut. ANyways, she has a kid that is around 18 years old and is pretty wild. Stalone thinks he can train him a bit.

...and thats pretty much what was all in his magazine about that. :beast:

CnC

Ad Oculos

SMZKAH said:
Hey now, I'm excited about this. I'm quite a rocky fan, and an even bigger fan of the soundtracks. I guess it just kinda goes with being an athlete and all. Anyway though, I made my girlfriend sit down with me and watch Rocky I through V when we first met(she's an athlete too), she probably thought I was crazy. So I'm just pretty excited about a sixth movie, as long as it doesn't completely suck. . .

Wow, and she stuck with you?! Shes a keeper! Keep her close :serpico:

Oh, and it will, in all likelyhood, suck.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"

"Griffith No More!" said:

He was supposed to die in the 5th one, but sponsors made changes in the middle of the film. According to Stallone, the company wanted to have more sequels which makes this a bitter irony seeing that Stallone himself is having some "issues" in making this sequel.  Pure propaganda bullshit perhaps?. 

Vince Di Cola FOREVA!

Mo

The Warrior

Personally, I think they should have stopped at Rocky 4. 5 was a waste, although the Rocky/Tommy fight scene was awesome; you couldn't help but smile when Rocky beat Tommy's ass then punched the shit out of that grimey lawyer. Satisfaction at it's BEST. :guts:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

rockydrago5sh.jpg

Best fight from all the series.

Top Bottom