FFVII: Advent Children

The official tgs2k4 trailer has finally been uploaded in high res glory. Here's the steps to follow in order to watch

- go to: http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/
- click enter
- click trailers
- click on trailer 3 and go with the broadband one for the best picture
- there are pauses during the upload so when it's finished click on replay and enjoy without the pauses

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Re: FF7 AC 4min trailer

Psymont 2.0 said:
yes it is great, but WHEN is it coming out already?!?

There was a special preview last week in Paris, I didn't go, but I guess it'll come out soon.

It has been delayed until spring. Maybe they are adding more to it (it's up to like 100 min. as it stands now) or maybe they are shooting for a world wide release.

Hey dwarfkicker thanks alot. ;)

Anyone know the plot or have a translation of the trailer? I am hoping it won't be another Blade 3 or DMC 2 (I loved 1).

Thanks in advance.

The whole "mother" thing in the trailer makes me think of Jenova but they do it near important locations that have nothing to do with Jenova. Aerith's church and her final resting place... Are they clones of her or something? They look more like Sephiroth.

Wow and I never thought of Demon X as a pervert.  ::)

Scary thing is after they mentioned it I saw it too :eek:

Anyway from what I can understand with my extremely limited Japanese is that the white haired men are also Jenova enhanced. Hence "Mother" every five lines. They are also aware of Clouds Jenova enhancements "big brother". And Cloud looks lke he is working with Shinras remnants because Rufus etc. are fighting against the white haired men and finaly the man in the wheelchair seems to be Shinra because the body gaurd or whatever next to him is in a suit which is only worn by Shinra. Some speculated this man to be Sephiroth but that's as unlikely as Gutts having a liesurly talk with Grifith. So either Cloud wasn't talking with the man as the trailer suggests or thats not Sephy.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...

A real cool website with a good trailer!
This was the first motion i saw in connection with this project and i really liked what i saw, however i think that it was still too long!?

Most people think the wheel chair guy is Rufus because one of the characters says "Mr. President."

And if you want a web site with translations and lots of info on this go to:

www.adventchildren.net

There was a new three minute trailer at the Jump Fiesta. Nothing new just stuff that wasn't shown outside of the 25 minute trailer that was at film fetivals. So if you didn't see the 25 minute one then I guess it would be new. Square will probably release the new 3 minute one next month.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

*Boredom-Final Attack-Revive*

Time for an old-fashioned nerd rant.

Is this turkey ever coming out or is Square content with just releasing trailers for it? 30 minute trailers, Jesus, just finish the movie already. I feel like they must have already given away every scene, we just don't have any narrative for them. I hope it's better than the context and vibe I get from the hundreds of trailers, basically that they had nowhere interesting to take these characters, so they're going to reunite all of them for a big needless retread of TEH FINAL BATTAL so we can all buy FF7 again (who been messing Yuffie's Materia LOL!?! MARLENE!!!!!). Ugh.

And while I'm bitching, I hope the movie's soundtrack will consist of more than One-Winged Angel on a continuous loop.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Well the movie is pretty short to begin with, so I don't understand how Square can repeatedly release gigantic trailers and still have anything left for the movie. (Basically what Griffith said, but I felt the need to echo the sentiments)

But I can say that I hope the characters besides Cloud, Tifa and Vincent, are involved with more then just battling monsters in the streets.

And, it's good to see Rufus again, he was such a cool guy, and you really didn't see all that much of him. Basically one fight, having him send you grenades at the parade then getting anniahlated by diamond weapon.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Yeah, well if it's so short, I'd rather not see these characters outside of cameos at all, or any lame new ones to generate artificial plot (SEPHIROTH CLONES OMG!!!!). I mean, does this thing have a genuine creative point to it? Did they have an idea besides, "Hey, FFVII made money, more FFVII means making more money; brilliant." So far all the elements involved look like a bunch of smoke and mirror bullshit to substitute for any kind substantive story or character development.

Then again, if The Spirits Within was their attempt at something genuine (cause they sure weren't making money =), maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Top Bottom