FFVII: Advent Children

SimplyEd

エンシェント カタストロフィ
CnC said:
And whats worse, it sounds like they actually got a child to act.  If this isn't the case, call me impressed, they actually found a woman who both sounds like a child and can't act well like a child.  The acting is weak, there is no audible connection between the two actresses (its even possible they had to do this separately, but thats extreme).

Just for record: Marlene Wallace was actually voiced by a young girl, namely 黒葛原 未有 (Tsuzuhara Miyu *if i'm not mistaken*). Anime enthusiasts may be able to recognize her voice from a show called "Aishiteru ze Baby" where she played the part of Yuzuyu-chan. There are many people who disliked her performance and it IS rather uncommon to cast such a young voice actress since the most common pratice for voicing younger characters in anime is to cast professional adult seiyuus' with a wider range of different voices and emotions.
Tifa was voiced by 伊藤 歩 (Itou Ayumi *again, if i'm not mistaken..dang, i hate those different kinds of reading for japanese names^^). I have to say that i wasn't really impressed with her performance at all..well..i wasn't impressed by ANY of the voice acting in AC, which i find disturbing since japanese seiyuus are normally of a higher caliber. If you have seen Last Order, you'll see that her range of emotions doesn't really improve since her confrontation with Sephiroth inside the mako reactor is missing extactly that vital part..she sounds like she's reading it directly from the script..bored(just like i was^^).

Anyway, it's not like bad voice acting is the fatal flaw of this blatantly ruined "cash cow". In case you people wonder: i don't like AC at all. Even as a mere tech demo it leaves a very sour after-taste, and i have played FF7 for about 20 times or even more, so i think i can safely make such a statement. Story-wise it's an affront to the game and i sincerely hope that Square-Enix doesn't really plan on producing a remake based on those "nifty new aspects". Maybe i can't appreciate it because i'm not a "perfect fanboy"^^, but seriously, i can't imagine how even fanboys can say that it was a good movie keeping a straight face. Still, i can tolerate it if they say they felt satisfied foe whatever reasons. To each their own, i say.

On a side note: concerning the debate over the characters motions, how they act etc: i was watching AC with a friend that day and when i asked her how she felt about it, she said "they're acting too japanese". I'm tempted to agree on that statement. Too much goofin' around for my tastes, makes all the characters look like damn clowns..i HATE clowns!

Cheers^^

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
*waves around white flag before going onto the battlefield*

Ramen4ever said:
3. the music was way too over dramatic at parts. Parts that weren't very exciting.. Like the part where clouds fighting Sephy and this music kicks in with a screaming choir.. they sound like there saying Sephiroth at one point.

Just a FYI, the music during the Cloud Sephiroth fight scene is the same that they play when you fight Sephiroth in his final form.  It's called "One-Winged Angel." I think the general gist of what they're chanting is "Please don't kick my ass Sephiroth," or something along those lines.

On a side note, the Japanese Voice Actor for Sephiroth apparently was the same person who voiced Griffith.   :griff:

Okay, shit-flinging may presume.

incognitoX

you fail me
Walter said:
WWF: RAW IS WAR!!!!

Come to think of it, professional wrestling and AC have a lot in common. The character drama and plot are there as an excuse to see people beat each other up.

Walter wins this entire thread.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
trapped_soul said:
What's is your problem with the movie? It's one thing to deny it's a great show - but to call it a plotless piece of shit does simply not reflect what it is very well.

In plain english, AC does not contribute anything to it's original storyline. DATS ET!.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
More than that, AC taketh away from the original, pardon me, the one and only. That's why any TRUE FAN should hate its blasphemy.

Well, that and good taste. :carcus: :troll:
1100116910_1820971365.gif
"You guys order pizza!?"

Hey, get outta here, Noid!

:chomp:

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
"Griffith No More!" said:
More than that, AC taketh away from the original, pardon me, the one and only. That's why any TRUE FAN should hate its blasphemy.

Well, that and good taste. :carcus: :troll:
"You guys order pizza!?"

Hey, get outta here, Noid!

:chomp:

I wish they would do a real remake of FF 4 (2 in america)

I thought that game was better then 3/6

CnC

Ad Oculos
SaiyajinNoOuji said:

I thought that game was better then 3/6

considering their track record as of right now I'd hope they never even consider it...

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
SaiyajinNoOuji said:

Aazealh said:
going along with the Final Fantasy III and FF Crystal Chronicles releases on NDS, Square announced that FFV and FFVI would come out on GBA (FFIV is already in development for GBA).

No 3D bullshit, it might be good. :guts:

I watched it yesterday, and I have to say, story-wise it was as bad as some people here said it was. But the animations were really good, heck, I think the fight-scenes beat the matrix(at least the fights in 2 and 3). Now if square could only scrape together a decent story, any future movie of theirs would be magnificent(IF they could figure out a good plot, that is, which I somehow doubt :judo:)

Record Low

1 person makes the difference
im glad i have it on dvd........ :troll: it was pretty good it could be a little longer but it was great the whole gang was there...... want me to torrent it for u?

S

Some Guy

Haven't seen it, but judging by the majority of reviews here I probably aint missing much :serpico:

Vaxillus

The one and only severed head
Oh, and did I happen to mention this movie
SUCKED
MY
BALLS!

?:troll:
Maybe, I recall spotting a sign way back when I was popping outa my mother's womb. The flashing neon lights gave me eye problems, so now I have glasses.

Griffith

Vaxillus said:
Maybe, I recall spotting a sign way back when I was popping outa my mother's womb.  The flashing neon lights gave me eye problems, so now I have glasses.

When quoted like that, it does look like a billboard. :badbone:

But, I actually did consider making the letters different colors to give off such an effect, but it would have been too much effort. Plus, I wouldn't want Advent Children fans to start having seizures over the awesome graphics and animation capabilities we have here at SK.net.

n%E9o%20VS%20Smith10.gif

:isidro: WHOA! :isidro:
That's, like, the greatest thing I've seen in my life, I bet I could stare at this for 2 hours and still be entertained!​

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
When quoted like that, it does look like a billboard. :badbone:

But, I actually did consider making the letters different colors to give off such an effect, but it would have been too much effort. Plus, I wouldn't want Advent Children fans to start having seizures over the awesome graphics and animation capabilities we have here at SK.net.

n%E9o%20VS%20Smith10.gif

:isidro: WHOA! :isidro:
That's, like, the greatest thing I've seen in my life, I bet I could stare at this for 2 hours and still be entertained!​
I think everyone should have a Griffith No More! in their lives! :guts:

Like it, dislike it, you All seem to be putting a bit of your lives into it.
After reading this thread, going to work doesn't seem so meaningless.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Bacongod said:
Like it, dislike it, you All seem to be putting a bit of your lives into it.
After reading this thread, going to work doesn't seem so meaningless.

You're right, Bacongod. If I didn't hate this movie so much, I'd have been able to keep my job, wife, mortgage, dog, sports car, ect. But since this movie came out I've been able to do nothing except post on this forum about how much it sucks.

Oh god! If only I could do it all over! It'd be so different! If only I could learn to balance work and my hate of this movie like you can. Oh, how we all struggle to reach bacongod perfection... the impossible dream.

Griffith

Yes, it's true, I've pourn so much of my soul into this feelm, much like the rape victim can never forget the one who violated their rectum. I have disgraced myself with my foul words and deeds here. I must now redeem my honor and buy the dolls, let them share in a piece of my life, so that I can settle once and for all who would win; Cloud's buster sword, Sephiroth's masamune, or... my penis, when they all fight in the bath tub tonight!

tifa_lockhart3.jpg

To the victor go the spoils of WAR! By evening's end, thine hard plastic shall roughy caress my most private flesh. Rubber Ducky, to me! Now, CHARGE!!!

[

Oh, how we all struggle to reach bacongod perfection...  the impossible dream.

Oh, how the masses do try...

Griffith, I'm not sure I WANT to know the out come of the "Cloud's buster sword, Sephiroth's masamune, or... my penis," battle, but let me know when the carnage in the bathtub ends.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Bacongod said:
Griffith, I'm not sure I WANT to know the out come of the "Cloud's buster sword, Sephiroth's masamune, or... my penis," battle, but let me know when the carnage in the bathtub ends.
:isidro: OH SNAP! :isidro:

Cloud's buster sword, Sephiroth's masamune, or... my penis, when they all fight in the bath tub tonight!

Oh dude, sharp cutting objects and a pecker. Livin dangerously, unless your manhood is stronger than steel, I hope you have 911 set on speed dial :guts:

Top Bottom