Recap

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
It's been a good while since I was able to understand what was going on in Berserk. Now I don't have much in time to read every single thread, but could someone summerize what's happend since the good old kitty started eating nobels. Any ways. :???:

After the demon tiger started chewing on nobles, Farnese, knowing it's a familiar, stabbed it in the eye with a silver candelabrum, to the amazement of her family. Serpico saves her right before she's about to get mangled and Guts appears. Owen recognizes him from somewhere, but can't pinpoint yet. Guts slashes the demon tiger in half in a single blow, but more of them show up soon afterwards. Everyone sees the amazing sight of Guts' swinging the Dragon Slayer and Serpico flying off with Farnese in his arms to the waiting group. Casca's elated she's back, but Farnese seems kind of humbled.

Guts insists on leaving, but Farnese insists that her family be protected. Schierke also agrees and Guts complies. Serpico, rather contently, heads off to kill the casters and Guts starts chopping up tigers like there's no tomorrow. Tigers turn to pussies when they realize they can't win and start attacking nobles again. Isidro chucks an explosive at one, getting the crowd's attention and the elves make old Japanese TV show references. Schierke gives Farnese a magical ring to control her own bramble snake familiars, which Farnese uses to save Roderick as he tries to fight a tiger alongside Guts. Serpico kills the casters in a single page and Schierke freezes them for the nobels to kill. Guts ask Farnese if this the end of her journey and she says it's not. She tells Guts, in from of the noble scene, she just felt nostalgic and came by for a visit.

Everyone's gossiping about Vandimion's daughter and her servant using witchcraft and the guards come in. Before things get complicated, Lord Vandimion gives a speech, thanking the group for saving their asses and trying to explain away what just happened. Lord Vandmion tells everyone the elves and withcraft are a hallucination trick from the Kushans and their war beasts are created by cross-breeding and drugs. People start to buy it until Ganishka himself comes from the mist out of the tigers' corpses and tells everyone their nightmare is only beginning. After his declaration of war, fire is seen coming from the harbor.

Kushans' crocodile and tiger familiars are showing up and killing people by the dozens and even daka arrive on the harbor as more ships burn. Roderick offers the group a warship to take them to Skellig and assure Farnese it's not a big deal. His job's done in Vritannis and he wants to make a good impression on Farnese/keep up Magnifico's plan on marrying her. Everyone's glad and they sneak out while Lord Vandimion is asking where the Sovereign Pontiff is (fell ill on the way and with the Holy See Alliance's armed forces outside) and tells everyone to evacuate to the city hall where they can use it as a headquarters. Lady Vandimion simply wishes Farnese and Magnifico (who left because he didn't want to stick around in Vritannis) a safe journey. Outside, the fog's everywhere and Farnese says she needs to change her clothes to something she can run in. While the group's breaking into a building (Isidro lockpicking), Owen confronts Guts and asks if he's the Band of the Hawk's Raider's Captain.

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Don't forget the part where Ganishka appears and Guts recognizes him as an apostle, linking him erroneously with the attack on Flora's Tree House. Chances for a Ganishka/Guts alliance have dropped below 10%.

CnC

Ad Oculos
Trashcan said:
Don't forget the part where Ganishka appears and Guts recognizes him as an apostle, linking him erroneously with the attack on Flora's Tree House. Chances for a Ganishka/Guts alliance have dropped below 10%.

As far as I can read there is no chance.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Trashcan said:
Don't forget the part where Ganishka appears and Guts recognizes him as an apostle, linking him erroneously with the attack on Flora's Tree House.

He just wondered if Ganishka was also serving Griffith (like all the other apostles), that's why you see a shot of the apostles that showed up at Flora's mansion. So he does consider the events in a logical (and in this case erroneous) way, but it's about Ganishka serving Griffith, not the Tree House. That leads him to wonder about the possibility of Griffith being involved in this battle (in Vritannis). Anyway he's not sure about all of this, just trying to deduce stuff from what is happening.

Trashcan said:
Chances for a Ganishka/Guts alliance have dropped below 10%.

I don't remember them being higher than 5% in the first place. :guts:

Anyway, I'd like to specify that when Serpico saves Farnese from the first tiger, she fell on the floor because of her dress.

Hey, I might get flamed for this or something but I was wondering, who is Ganishka? I've read up to 29 and I must have missed that name and currently I dont have access to the manga to look it up...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Lord Evanor said:
Hey, I might get flamed for this or something but I was wondering, who is Ganishka? I've read up to 29 and I must have missed that name and currently I dont have access to the manga to look it up...
The Kushan Emperor of Terror.

There's always the much-underused BERSERK Encyclopedia for these types of questions, you know.

I know this may be wrong :???: but b4 the attack Vritannis was fairly sunny and all the rest but on the night of the attack it all got a bit foggy now i am quite aware Ganishka can transform into an utilizing fog so would i be right to believe

1. This is usually a clear sign that the Kushan are goin to invade or raze the place to the ground or general military activity

2. He could be controllin the events (to a certain extent) from the battle field

3. And could appear at a certain place on the battlefield at will

If true doesnt this beg the question:

Will Ganiska make an appearance against Guts?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
From your post it seems that you haven't read any of the recent episodes for a while (only up to volume 29 I imagine). Sorry if I'm spoiling you the story.

Black Mourning said:
i am quite aware Ganishka can transform into an utilizing fog

Aside from the transforming part he uses that special fog to control his troops, bestow power to his servants, and gain some cognition on the places the fog covers.

Black Mourning said:
This is usually a clear sign that the Kushan are goin to invade or raze the place to the ground or general military activity

They're invading already, and we've been knowing they would invade for a while. The incident on the beach made it clear, and then Sonia showed Schierke what was going to happen.

Black Mourning said:
2. He could be controllin the events (to a certain extent) from the battle field. 3. And could appear at a certain place on the battlefield at will

Well he already appeared at the ball in front of Guts and the others. As for controlling the events, he's got lieutenants for that (Daiba?), but he could very well be directing and coordinating the assault from a remote place (logically Wyndham).

Black Mourning said:
Will Ganiska make an appearance against Guts?

Nothing indicates that he will show up to Guts' group again before they flee the city, but it's certainly not impossible. Schierke's little show in episode 268 must have drawn some attention on them (if it hadn't been the case before that is). I think he's more concerned with the troops of the Holy See right now though, not to mention the Hawks (whether he's aware of their presence nearby or not).

Top Bottom