So Sad! YJ Seller selling off his ENTIRE collection!

http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=rinouzan&f=&alocale=0jp&mode=1

This guy has one awesome collection, and he's selling ALL OF IT (he's even selling his display case).  I think this was a bad move on his part.  I think it's more effective to sell a few statues at a time, rather than all at once.  I have a feeling that there will be a lot of cheap end-prices for these statues.

Plus, there are 2 other guys that are selling a good amount of AOW Berserk stuff too (which usually ends up lowering the end-prices for everyone).

If any of you collectors have been saving up money to buy some rare AOW stuff, now's the chance.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, that's quite a lot of stuff... Too bad, to see stuff like this always saddens me for the ex-owner.

DirectDK said:
http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=rinouzan&f=&alocale=0jp&mode=1
Plus, there are 2 other guys that are selling a good amount of AOW Berserk stuff too (which usually ends up lowering the end-prices for everyone).
If any of you collectors have been saving up money to buy some rare AOW stuff, now's the chance.

http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=ren257445&f=&alocale=0jp&mode=1
http://user.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show/auctions?userID=tommimakinen1999&f=&alocale=0jp&mode=1

these guys are flooding the yj right now, just like derek said, now its a great time to pull out ur gun. so good luck all  :guts:

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow, lot of stuff being sold. Lets hope he gets some money for it all. I also think he's bound to lose some since he's selling it all at once...

handsome rakshas

Thanks Grail!
God Hand (with Grif!)! Skull Knight! Femto! Guts Lost Children! Attack form Guts! Troll! All my favorites are here!

I forgot my gun Kubricka! (meaning I'm broke)

.......Guts on Horse. Gonna see if I can't finally win this one.

Good thing it is the ketchup Zodd or I could be in trouble.

Rhombaad

Video Game Time Traveler
Yeah, seeing stuff like this just kills me. He must really need the money bad. Man that sucks. There's a ton of stuff on there that I'd love to grab but can't afford. Oh well, good luck to everyone on the board who's trying! Especially to Maiku, since he's been trying to get the Guts on Horse figure for a long time. :guts:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I'm glad I see thread's like this. Not that I want to deny these guys any well deserved cash for statues, but in Maiku's instance of wanting the Horse Riding statue I won't bid on it now, because I know someone on the board wants it as well, and I might as well put a possible "bid war" fund towards something else rather than dropping extra money into winning that. We are all broke enough as it is. I feel sorry for these YJ sellers. I'd probably put some of my rare or sealed games up for cash before my Berserk statues. They're just so nice! Mmm.. Troll, Skullknight on horse all those Guts that I don't have yet :badbone: I'm definately going to try and win a statue if not 2. . . . or 3? :miura:

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
If someone wants to go ahead and win this item, I'll pay you back in due course. 10,500¥, I can deal with :beast:

But this is very depressing... I'd never want to part with a collection like that.. even if it meant I'd have to live a worse standard of life.

yeah i was actually wondering the same thing ... is that how you're going about it maiku?  Man i want that guts lost children statue ... but i fear it will go over what i have at the moment ..its already at 13000 yen.  Ive only got about $200 to spend! :miura:

However, it is looking like one of the skullknights might be a steal... the bids are pretty low on that. We will see!

goodluck bidding guys :guts:

Aworldapart said:
However, it is looking like one of the skullknights might be a steal... the bids are pretty low on that. We will see!

There are reserves on all these auctions.

Lots of options for bidding. Misato Shopping Mall Japan ect.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Maiku said:
There are reserves on all these auctions.

Yeah, you guys shouldn't expect them to sell for dirt just because they didn't get a bid yesterday. Remember also that the auctions end in 5 days, and that most people bid at the last moment. There are threads and links about YJa brokers on the board already, and if you want a simple and convenient way (eBay-like) to bid yourself or see how things work there's always Rinkya.

Tirade

Hai Yai, Forces!
It's certainly a pity to see the guy selling off his collection. However, I am glad he has a reserve for the auctions. That definitely saves him from having to give away anything.

Stiler said:
How are you guys going to bid/pay? Using one of those YJ broker people?

The most popular 3rd party services are M-World-Service, and Shopping Mall Japan.

SMJ has slightly better fees than M-World-Service, but I really like the customer service of M-World-Service (Masato), so I've been going to him all these years.

For more info
http://www.m-world-service.com
http://www.shoppingmalljapan.com

If you decide to go with Masato/M-World, mention that Derek sent you :guts:.

And... we'll see what the reserve prices end up being. One cool thing about YJ auctions is that if the auction ends and the reserve price isn't met, it will show what the reserve price was (unless of course, the seller relists the auction RIGHT AWAY).

Good luck to all of you planning to bid.

Thanks very much Aaz, Derek, and Maiku! As some of you may know i'm new to this process so i appreciate the links and help :guts:

Aaz that site seems like what i am looking for. Thanks very much! :chomp:

Ko Ninja

¯\(O_o)/¯ クー
I don't know why anyone would even think these statues are going to sell for cheap, just because no one has bid yet. It will go up folks, it definately will.

I think I'm going to finally go all out for the Skull Knight on horse. Just too cool to pass up anymore. Wish me luck all.
:badbone:

CnC

Ad Oculos
While your there you could drop a cool 60,000 Yen on this puppy:

http://page13.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/r20394292

cool looking, but waaaay too expensive.

I dont see there are any reserves being set on any of these auctions, or at least they are not set from the auction listing (i.e. friends, shill biddings but i doubt they will do that, jap ppl are honest in general  :guts:). If there was a reserve, they would show the number of bids but not the highest bidder ID on the top page until the reserve has been met. These items will be sold no matter what the ending price is. But yes, its still 2 early to make any comments or moves since most of the bids will pop up within the last 2 or 3 hrs or so. lets see how they go  :carcus:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
-rob- said:
Couldn't figure out how to work either of them. =/

For M-World-Service you have to send a mail to contact the person in charge, and for Shopping Mall Japan you need to register an account. Their procedures are clearly explained on both sites I think.

Top Bottom